What's new

Horrible dilemma: Galaxy S duos or Lumia 520

Shabz Nist

Reaction score
Country
India
I think I'm losing my mind over this decision. Please guys, help me make the right choice here.

Would you suggest the lumia 520 or the S duos.

- Totally confused.

I think I'm losing my mind over this decision. Please guys, help me make the right choice here.

Would you suggest the lumia 520 or the S duos.

- Totally confused.

Both are good. It depends on what OS you would want. If you like Android go for Galaxy S duos or if you prefer Windows go for Lumia 520. Remember that Android has well developed eco-system while Windows doesn't have one

Galaxy S duo...
It has more RAM and a secondary camera.
Lumia 520 has no secondary camera and less RAM

Both are good. It depends on what OS you would want. If you like Android go for Galaxy S duos or if you prefer Windows go for Lumia 520. Remember that Android has well developed eco-system while Windows doesn't have one

I want my phone to last for as long as humanly possible. As far as the app market is concerned, it doesn't matter.

So the verdict ?

Galaxy S duo...
It has more RAM and a secondary camera.
Lumia 520 has no secondary camera and less RAM

Is there any advantage in dual core ?

if you want android then go for the galaxy thing... else lumia 520 is better in spec and looks..
if you dont bother about apps , definitely lumia then

I want my phone to last for as long as humanly possible. As far as the app market is concerned, it doesn't matter.

So the verdict ?

Is there any advantage in dual core ?

Nokia has a reputation for solid built quality. Have you checked Lumia 620? Much better than 520. And extra RAM enhances the performance of the cell

@Jade @Dreamreaper @hinduguy @Pakistani sipahi

Thank you guys for helping out. Here's what's important to me.

Reading books and navigation. Everything else for me is secondary. I don't think either of them have an inbuilt compass-although flipkart claims they do.......or is it me who's wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nokia has a reputation for solid built quality. Have you checked Lumia 620? Much better than 520. And extra RAM enhances the performance of the cell

620 isn't in the price range I'm willing to spend. Its also smaller, which would make reading a bit more difficult.

Reading books and navigation. Everything else for me is secondary. I don't think either of them have an inbuilt compass-although flipkart claims they do.......or is it me who's wrong ?

You should be able to read books and do navigation on both. Galaxy S duos should have Google maps pre installed while Lumia 520 has Nokia maps

Lumia 520 has better hardware compared to Galaxy S duos

nokia has nokia maps and and you can even use it like a gps .. reading books is bad in both phone i would imagine.. why not buy a amazon kindle ..

btw how much each phone cost in india

You should be able to read books and do navigation on both. Galaxy S duos should have Google maps pre installed while Lumia 520 has Nokia maps

Lumia 520 has better hardware compared to Galaxy S duos

you can use lumia as gps offline (without internet) after downloading maps..

nokia has nokia maps and and you can even use it like a gps .. reading books is bad in both phone i would imagine.. why not buy a amazon kindle ..

btw how much each phone cost in india

you can use lumia as gps offline (without internet) after downloading maps..

Yes, you are rigth, some even say that Nokia Maps are better than Google Maps

Yes, you are rigth, some even say that Nokia Maps are better than Google Maps

yeah.. i have read that as well... these are two different applications btw...
nokia maps - map app like google map.. needs internet
nokia drive - like gps .. can work offline

yeah.. i have read that as well... these are two different applications btw...
nokia maps - map app like google map.. needs internet
nokia drive - like gps .. can work offline

Not much idea on Nokia maps. I too read somewhere about this offline thing.

@hinduguy

Both are pretty much the same in pricing. 9.4k and 9.8k - former for the galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom