What's new

Hindus consider themselves INDIAN in Bangladesh. Questionable alliance?

Many of the blunders (political) were self inflicted - never denied that in my years here at PDF

I am not accusing you or something....just that you completely flushed that factor away, so I mentioned it.

If the Hindus in BD have soft corner for us, its obvious.

The second post has explained why it is so

Revolt or mutiny is treason. If a misguided Bengali techie was trying to damage state property or turn guns on his west Pak counterpart he deserved to be killed (preferably court martialed)

Same logic applied during mass mutiny of bdesh fauj some years back no? Of course I'm going on tangent now.

West Bengal and east Bengal (Bdesh mainland) must unite. Integration should be supported

What the hell are you talking about. No Bangladeshi would ever want to unite with west Bengal. Do you think the birth of Muslim League occurred in dhaka without a reason. It is us who gave birth to the two nation theory. 1971 was about freedom from West Pakistans control over our destiny it was not about uniting with west Bengal.

We as Muslims of Bengal wanted a separate country and it has been achieved. Even amoungst hardcore BAL idiots you will not find support for unification of Bengal. In 1971 and earlier we fought our language and culture. The struggles never envisioned nor had a goal to unite with west Bengal.

Comment after gaining some knowledge about the issue.

Just after the surrender Bhutto became the new PM, got himself a cleanchit in history books putting all blames on Hindus and Yahya Khan.

Ya, thats politics...One always needs a scapegoat for a failure...Its natural...even our leaders do that...Nothing unusual from a political leader.

It is probable that BD would be merged with India, but after a few decades, once their population is no longer such a liability - their economy improves.

Counter intuitive.

Besides, I understand that many of those people whose "liberation" you supported now hate you more than they hate even us. The buzz going off in that country shows the divisions and prolonging open wounds

It was an ethnocentric movement which that woman Indira supported. Doesn't it make sense to honour that? Or as usual you bhartis lay low and become awkward when logic defies you

First one is a true fact, I read in a book written by a British author.

Oh he was British?

In that case how dare me question that claim? :laugh:

Ya, thats politics...One always needs a scapegoat for a failure...Its natural...even our leaders do that...Nothing unusual from a political leader.

Yes, Bhutto was the greatest beneficiary of the creation of Bangladesh he got Mujibur Rahman and Yahya Khan, both hurdles cleared without losing or suffering and in the last nobody left in Pakistan to challenge him. Musharraf even called Bhutto, the most authoritarian dictator in Pakistan's history.

Oh he was British?

In that case how dare me question that claim? :laugh:

In case you may have thought that I quoted the indian version unacceptable to you. :laugh:

What the hell are you talking about. No Bangladeshi would ever want to unite with west Bengal. Do you think the birth of Muslim League occurred in dhaka without a reason. It is us who gave birth to the two nation theory. 1971 was about freedom from West Pakistans control over our destiny it was not about uniting with west Bengal.

We as Muslims of Bengal wanted a separate country and it has been achieved. Even amoungst hardcore BAL idiots you will not find support for unification of Bengal. In 1971 and earlier we fought our language and culture. The struggles never envisioned nor had a goal to unite with west Bengal.

Comment after gaining some knowledge about the issue.

The movement was one of hypocrisy - speaking from hindsight

I pointed out why the movement was treachery and hypocrisy however everyone knows that from the very beginning West Pakistan and E Pak were always distinct nations. We simply have nothing in common.

Counter intuitive.

Besides, I understand that many of those people whose "liberation" you supported now hate you more than they hate even us. The buzz going off in that country shows the divisions and prolonging open wounds

It was an ethnocentric movement which that woman Indira supported. Doesn't it make sense to honour that? Or as usual you bhartis lay low and become awkward when logic defies you
It was a linguistic movement primarily with ethnic undertones.
While Pakistan rejected pluralism and diversity of religions and languages and was and still remains a Punjab centric country, India is not. While Pakistan wanted to rule East Pakistan from West without the concept of Chief Ministers having autonomy, India does not have that.

India accepts Bengali as one of the national languages of India -infact one of the core/mainstream language of India and has its own State and laws. They elect their own Chief Minister and run it as per their wish.

And being with India gives them a massive Military, economy at their disposal.

The conclusion can only end one way - that Bangladesh amalgamates with West Bengal in the Indian Union.

When they were targeted by Pakistani Army, their women raped, children killed, India gave refuge to 9 million Bangladeshis. Tell me, won't they have a soft spot for India who saved 9 million people but they had to be sent back because we can't have extra population after war was over.

So the fault was Pakistani Army's Muslims targeting Hindus, and people are questioning the alliance of Hindus in Bangladesh.

It was we who gave you arms and strengthen your Mukti bahini, it was us who fought for you, helped you to get your freedom.

And after saving 9 million and helping you in Independence, you blame India and Hindus of Bangladesh for your problems ?

They are less than 10% and 90 % are Muslims. So shouldn't you ask for loyalty of Bangladeshi Muslims ?

Pak also gave refugee n is still giving to even more afghans then what India gave to East Pakistanis from a Civil war that it started n supported. But no one call himself Pakistani in Pak. Its a shameful Hindu psyche.....

It was a linguistic movement primarily with ethnic undertones.
While Pakistan rejected pluralism and diversity of religions and languages and was and still remains a Punjab centric country, India is not. While Pakistan wanted to rule East Pakistan from West without the concept of Chief Ministers having autonomy, India does not have that.

India accepts Bengali as one of the national languages of India -infact one of the core/mainstream language of India and has its own State and laws. They elect their own Chief Minister and run it as per their wish.

And being with India gives them a massive Military, economy at their disposal.

The conclusion can only end one way - that Bangladesh amalgamates with West Bengal in the Indian Union.

Thank you for you conclusion but as a BD Muslim who traces our origin and sovereign aspiration from the Delhi Sultanate period I would respectfully ask you to shove your head up where the sun don't shine.

We have fought too long and too hard to relinquish hardwon sovereignty. We wanted sovereignty during British Raj when the India was bigger than what it is today, why on earth would we want to join it now.

We are not Sikkim. You are welcome to try and invade a nation of 160m with clear unambiguous national identity and pride.

Hindus consider themselves INDIAN in Bangladesh. Questionable alliance?

Who's fault it is??
India Muslims don't call them selves Pakistanis/Arabs/Bangledeshis

Its your problem that that you are not able to gain trust of minorities and you have to make changes in your policies to turn that around

Alarming decrease in Hindu population in Bangladesh :: Weekly Blitz

According to statistics available with the government sources, the proportionate decrease in Hindu population is around nine hundred thousand.

The statistics show almost elimination of Hindu population in fifteen districts in the country.

Most of the Hindu families in those districts were forced to leave the country. In 2001, the total number of Hindu population in Bangladesh was 16.83 million, while the population was expected to be 18.2 million in 2011. But the latest statistics available with the government shows the total number of Hindu population at 12.3 million, which is nine hundred thousand less than the expected rate of growth.

Currently 8.5 percent of the total population of Bangladesh is Hindus, while in 2001, it was 9.2 percent.

The proportion of Christian, Buddhist and other religious minority population did not see any decline in the past

Many hindus gone to india.
Many convert to muslim and christian.

Many hindus gone to india.
Many convert to muslim and christian.

Agreed. Fair reason. But the numbers in million is something that I want to understand.

Back
Top Bottom