What's new

Hinduism and Talibanism:Did hindus destroyed Buddhist& jain temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until, unless you will not read it in time frame, you cant understand what is done by Brahmin. It is always misquoted and mis understood as bad thing for Caste system.

All Vedas says Varna (caste) system is based on the work done by some one and not by birth. We have few Brahmins and Gurus from Satyuga and Treta Yuga like Valmiki and Vishwamitra who were born in Different caste but always got reputation of Brahmin.

In Dwapar and Kaliyuga when social system started getting deteriorated, Brahimns thought of running it in a way that it will keep the balance of work as well. There were less Low caste (By Birth) started joining Gurukul and started working early. Then it became case by who born as what will be considered as it is. So it was mere perception by the people That Brahmins dictated the terms that time. Though on later stages, it started becoming bad to worse.

Yes i concur it is a gradual process of decline where men were exploited and this practise was kept alive by people with vested interests.

In China it's not like the West, where good = go to heaven, and bad = go to hell.

Tian (Heaven) is where the Gods/Devas live, and is on a higher plane of existence.

Diyu (Underworld) is where EVERYBODY goes after they die. So it's not like Hell, it's more like purgatory.

This purgatory is where souls are prepared for reincarnation into a higher or lower plane of existence.

Since the Chinese concept of the underworld came from the Vedas (Naraka) I thought it would be similar to India's, but I guess not.

In fact, on reading about it, it IS very similar, with external differences. I saw more similarity than differences. Am I missing something?

Are Hindus unaware of what happened to Buddhism? Or are they aware and just being hypocritical about the damage caused?
From the way I look Hindus are unaware and if the damage caused is considered to be true, it was expected to be stricken off from the history by those who did the damage.....and future generation didn't know about it.....

What is the best possible way to stop spread of a religion if its existence and philosophy is taken off from history..leaving edited and favorable part especially which is coherent to your religion......and presenting weakness of the religion, even by created from thin air, to propagate your own religion as superior one.

In fact, on reading about it, it IS very similar, with external differences. I saw more similarity than differences. Am I missing something?

I am also finding it exactly similar. Stage 1 it is hell, stage 7 it is Heaven. No Physical segregation like boiling oil and different pain activities in hell or somarasa in Swarga.

Agreed, they are extremely similar. That's what I thought at first anyway.

They should be, since the idea originated in the Vedas.

Gods/Deities in China are also pretty much equivalent to the Vedic idea of "Devas". (We call them "Shen").

The Abrahamic idea of "one all-powerful and all-knowing God" was traditionally quite alien to Chinese culture. We had hundreds of different Gods for different situations, similar to Hinduism.

Interesting, so you are comparing the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan in 21st c. with 10 c. Hindu kingdoms. It would have made some sense(however little) if you had compared them with Ghazni, Qutubuddin and Aurangzeb.

Moreover the main point is that while muslims particularly Pakistanis considers these ruthless and fundamentalist kings like Aurangzeb and Ghazni as their heroes today,
Indians considers Hindu converts to Jain Chandragupta Maurya and Buddhist Ashoka as heroes. So there goes your argument of Hindus hating Jains and Buddhists and need I even explain the contrast treatment of muslims by Shivaji and Maratha Empire and Ranjeet Singh and the Sikh Empire compared to Aurangzeb.

well put

Shivaji Maharaj and his kingdom gave very good treatment to minorities despite no need to do so

Maharaja Ranjeet Singh bought a Koran from a muslim and when asked why he did so he replied "Main sab ko ek nazar se dekhata hu."

By the basic proposition do u mean that Buddhism was destroyed by Hindu Kings or is it about blood thirstiness in Hinduism.

I am assuming it is the first and i think it is possible to certain extent but not the whole truth Joe is there any other explanation for the gradual decline of Buddhism?

The first, though not quite in the form that you have put it. Rather than kings, it seems that revivalist priests and theologians influenced a counter-revolution against Buddhism, which took many forms, royal patronage of the revivalists, and consequent oppression in varying degrees of harshness of the Buddhists.

It had lost steam, and its glorious days were past. The Hindu attack caught it unprepared, and both were shocked by the roots-and-branch extremism of Islam.

It is not my thinking but someone on this thread said that lack of proper ritualistic practices as the religion itself being new and the age old one having all that is needed, caused people to go to and fro between and the older one prevailed. I think this could be one of the reasons.

I doubt it very strongly.nobody is going to convince me that a religion survived from 600 BC to 1300 AD without sacramental practices.

Talibanism activities are notorious and it’s happening in modernized world but that hindhu aggression story(fabricated) taken place in sangam(oldest) period . On what basis they comparing both I don’t know I think they try to portray that there is no difference among them.

Kalabrahs(tamil) are Jain kings defeated Cheras, Cholas and Pandyas and ruled more that 3 centuries that period termed as dark ages in our/Dravidian history . Later Kalabras were expelled by combined forces of Chera ,Chola and Pandya and they killed many Jains because of earlier atrocities they restored Hinduism . Jains were not holy as you think.

From the way I look Hindus are unaware and if the damage caused is considered to be true, it was expected to be stricken off from the history by those who did the damage.....and future generation didn't know about it.....

What is the best possible way to stop spread of a religion if its existence and philosophy is taken off from history..leaving edited and favorable part especially which is coherent to your religion......and presenting weakness of the religion, even by created from thin air, to propagate your own religion as superior one.

There was another model, and that was the absorption model. The way Jainism was undermined and Hindu-cised.

Agreed, they are extremely similar. That's what I thought at first anyway.

Gods/Deities in China are also pretty much equivalent to the Vedic idea of "Devas". (We call them "Shen").

The Abrahamic idea of "one all-powerful and all-knowing God" was traditionally quite alien to Chinese culture. We had hundreds of different Gods for different situations, similar to Hinduism.

I really wish,when you have time, you would start a thread.

So you are saying current day Pakistan was Buddhist when the Muslims arrived?

Seriously just stop, you are really embarrassing not only yourself but your fellow Internet Hindus.

why did taxila stop thriing? why did nalanda stop thrivnig ? answer to tht is the answer to your question

There is concept in Jainism a world with different levels. For them there are around 21 levels in universe and if are deeds are bad we go to the lower level (where there is more chaos) if they are good we go to the higher level (order and higher level of consciousness).

Previously I thought it would have some similarity to what you said but the concept is very different

Jainism and even Parsis have the same spiritual system as Hindus and Buddhisms are having. The 21 level concept is as aligned with 7 stages with 3 sub-divisions. Stories about Swarga and Naraka are just stories only.

Talibanism activities are notorious and it’s happening in modernized world but that hindhu aggression story(fabricated) taken place in sangam(oldest) period . On what basis they comparing both I don’t know I think they try to portray that there is no difference among them.

Kalabrahs(tamil) are Jain kings defeated Cheras, Cholas and Pandyas and ruled more that 3 centuries that period termed as dark ages in our/Dravidian history . Later Kalabras were expelled by combined forces of Chera ,Chola and Pandya and they killed many Jains because of earlier atrocities they restored Hinduism . Jains were not holy as you think.

Then there is no need to waste time on this discussion, is there?

I think it would be very good to be pro-active in matters of religion.

I would prefer it if Chinese Taoism and Chinese Buddhism were still majority religions here.

As of now, nobody really cares. Religion comes at the bottom of the list in terms of priorities, and as a result we have become a majority atheist nation. There is a big vacuum here that needs to be filled.

I wonder if the deities that we now worship in China (that originated from the Vedas) are still popular in India?

to be very hones i dont know.
however they may have been the same then, but now it may have taken on different forms due to the time elapsed and more importantly the mental distance created. so its possible in some forms they are similar.
also i did nt know that you had gods from vedas. i only thought that the religous connection between china and india was made thru buddhism. vedic era predates buddhism by several centuries.

Jainism and even Parsis have the same spiritual system as Hindus and Buddhisms are having. The 21 level concept is as aligned with 7 stages with 3 sub-divisions. Stories about Swarga and Naraka are just stories only.

Interesting about the Parsis. Could you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom