What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

AntarVasna = Lust (English) = Hawas(Urdu)

Since u look interested to gain more knowledge:;)

AntarVas = inner garments of female

ShahVas = copulation or sex

Thanks Guru Jee,

Thats what i call quality post :lol::lol::lol:

I knew the meaning of AntarVasna but never heard Shahvas and AntarVas before.

what is kochal???

Khochal = :lol: = Tu bara khochal hai - i hope you know what it means :lol:

Khochal = I usually find this term being used when a child knows something and trying to hide (usually Adult matters). Other person says - Tu bara Khochal hai , Tujhe sab pata hai .......meaning i know, you know this already

Kaha se or kisey chahiye??

Zardari ne kaha thaa bhai - Pakistan Khappay - Ke agar Pakistan chahiye to Humain mil kar kaam karna ho ga - Aur Swat operation se pehle kaha thaa - balke jab President un dino kaha thaa

nahi samagh aayi?

Thanks Guru Jee,

Thats what i call quality post :lol::lol::lol:

I knew the meaning of AntarVasna but never heard Shahvas and AntarVas before.

One should dig new things as long he can control his AntarVasna.:lol:

What is the meaning of AntarVasna in Urdu? :lol:

Zaki sa'ab mukhe kafi hairat hai aap is shabd ka istemaal kiye hain..itni shudh Hindi to hum log bhi istemaal nahin karte...heheh

Waise for Hindi puritans , can we get a quick equivalent in eng please?

I have noticed that some hindi speakers have hard saying some letters like Z. they replaced it with j. like zyada became jyada.

Otherwise informal Urdu and informal Hindi in my opinion are pretty much the same language but when an urdu speaker goes formal he uses more persian/arabic words and on the other side the hindi speaker will use more sansikrit words. An example being Kush amdid in Urdu and Suhagot in hindii think (correct me if im wrong). Thats a formal thing you say when somebody enters your house and there we have a difference.

Yes that is a regional variation in India as well.

Actually if we say "more" in Hindi or even in Urdu then it ought to be pronounced "zee" as in Zee TV.

But some people here in India would pronounce such words like Jyada as you have correctly mentioned. Zyaada is coreect and Jyaada is phonetically incorrect.

You are right again but in Hindi it is Swagat not the other way as you have mentioned. But that word in itself means "welcome", where as in Persian/Urdu when you say Khus amadeed, then it means "You are welcome in"....

To all Indians and Pakistanis who are masters in Urdu, I am trying to verify the correct meaning of the following words.

Please be kind enough to validate them (and to correct where I am wrong)

a) Barpa Karna - To create (as in mischief)?
b) Barahirast - Completely or fully?
c) Ikhtelaaq? - Agreeing or Not agreeing?
d) Jamhuriyat - Democracy?
e) Madre Watan - Motherland?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom