What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

hera pheri is slang for fraud. Phir means again
so phir hera pheri means fraud again

Yes hindi speakers can understand 80% of urdu and vice versa but only in oral form not in written because Hindi is written in devnagari script and urdu in persian (not sure.)

Arabic Script.

Lau pati gaamini = Train in Hindi
Dhumrapaan dandika = Cigareettee
lamb dand gol pind dhar pakad pratiyogita = cricket in hindi
sangadakam = computer

More like sanskrit. I would be hard for us to Pronounce....;)

I have noticed that some hindi speakers have hard saying some letters like Z. they replaced it with j. like zyada became jyada.

Otherwise informal Urdu and informal Hindi in my opinion are pretty much the same language but when an urdu speaker goes formal he uses more persian/arabic words and on the other side the hindi speaker will use more sansikrit words. An example being Kush amdid in Urdu and Suhagot in hindii think (correct me if im wrong). Thats a formal thing you say when somebody enters your house and there we have a difference.

I have noticed that some hindi speakers have hard saying some letters like Z. they replaced it with j. like zyada became jyada.

Otherwise informal Urdu and informal Hindi in my opinion are pretty much the same language but when an urdu speaker goes formal he uses more persian/arabic words and on the other side the hindi speaker will use more sansikrit words. An example being Kush amdid in Urdu and Suhagot in hindii think (correct me if im wrong). Thats a formal thing you say when somebody enters your house and there we have a difference.

Yes you are right. But even in India we have these variations like some regions people will use 'S' instead of 'SH' but not all. like Khus instead of 'KHUSH'.

and Kush amdid = Swagat (more correct)

You had me confused there for a second.

In hindi,

Suhagat = newly wed lady.
Swagat = Welcome

:)

What is the meaning of AntarVasna in Urdu? :lol:

AntarVasna = Lust (English) = Hawas(Urdu)

Since u look interested to gain more knowledge:;)

AntarVas = inner garments of female

ShahVas = copulation or sex

AntarVasna = Lust (English) = Hawas(Urdu)

Since u look interested to gain more knowledge:;)

AntarVas = inner garments of female

ShahVas = copulation or sex

that's also wrong

Antar = Inner

Vastra = cloth

from where u get female

Back
Top Bottom