What's new

Hina Rabbani Khar New Foreign Minister

Foreign Minister is one of the most important person in the cabinet.Don't know how this LOTA girl will handle it.

Foreign Minister is one of the most important person in the cabinet.Don't know how this LOTA girl will handle it.

Obviously Shah Mehmood was removed since he opposed the US stance of Raymond Davis having immunity. You can't survive in that position without being pliant to the US whims and wishes. As long as she goes to Hillary and bows down to her like a good little Pakistani, she won't have any problems.

dude what did others had in their profiles, its "safarish", that's all.

yara, foreign ministry is not a joke, I would recommend Ferdous Ashiq Awan then this creature... she atleast is a political person and has experience in her hands, and has come to the place through a process....on contrary these "show pieces" are worth nothing... any one can talk politics after watching talks show for two months and economist with knowing less than 15 macro indicators... look at ms clinton, what a fine woman to represent the foreign office....what is this thing "khar" ???? an incompetent, inexperienced, non political, and non diplomatic lady coming from a feudal family would do for Pakistan ??? except what Santro said.....

She seems inexperienced & "ill-equipped" to be dealing with a job of "this magnitude". But I guess this is how the PPP shows itself as a "secular" party that presents equal opportunity for men & women.

yara, foreign ministry is not a joke, I would recommend Ferdous Ashiq Awan then this creature... she atleast is a political person and has experience in her hands, and has come to the place through a process....on contrary these "show pieces" are worth nothing... any one can talk politics after watching talks show for two months and economist with knowing less than 15 macro indicators... look at ms clinton, what a fine woman to represent the foreign office....what is this thing "khar" ???? an incompetent, inexperienced, non political, and non diplomatic lady coming from a feudal family would do for Pakistan ??? except what Santro said.....

agreed yaar, but the problem is that they all are almost same, we need someone who can actually do something.

She seems inexperienced & "ill-equipped" to be dealing with a job of "this magnitude". But I guess this is how the PPP shows itself as a "secular" party that presents equal opportunity for men & women.

Equal opportunity of men and women is not secularism. It is liberal and modern view.

Equal opportunity of men and women is not secularism. It is liberal and modern view.

I know. That's why I used secularism in quotes "-". Couldn't come up with a better word in my mind at the moment. Anyways, the right term is "liberal".

she looks kinda hottie :) to me when compared to rest of the women on parliament..i think sindhi woman are attractive 0_-

ooh guys we should stop criticizing,,,let give her some time,,she is young and beautifull :smitten:,,,,,,,,,,may she convince some arabs to give free oil.........:hang2:

well why am i not surprised at som many women being recruited by MR.10% in his cabinet! hahaha sahi kaa shawken mizaaj admi hai! but seriously no political science nor any international studies degree no background and now she will be our FOREIGN MINISTER!!!!!

LMAO....Thats funny..:lol:

@topic...

She looks Beautiful...:D:D

Hina set to visit India as foreign minister

By Our Staff Reporter | From the Newspaper

ISLAMABAD: The Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hina Rabbani Khar, on Friday confirmed that she was being elevated as federal minister for foreign affairs.

A statement by the Foreign Office said Ms Khar had told Indian Foreign Secretary Ms Nirupama Rao that “I am looking forward very much to my meetings in New Delhi”.

Foreign Ministers of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in the last week of next month to conclude the ongoing series of meetings under the revived peace talks.

Ms Khar, who has been looking after the foreign ministry as a junior minister, technically cannot represent the country at ministerial level meetings. Therefore, her elevation, being rumoured for some time, would remove the protocol hitch in the upcoming ministerial engagement with India.

But Indian sources say she is not taken seriously in Delhi.

The Press Trust of India (PTI) ran a story on her expected elevation saying “Khar … as a full-fledged Foreign Minister would suit the powerful military establishment, which shapes and guides foreign policy, as she is not perceived to be as independent-minded as (Shah Mehmood) Qureshi” (the former foreign minister.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi lost the ministry in a cabinet reshuffle in February, which some say was because of the tough stance he took on the issue of immunity of CIA operative Raymond Davis, who fatally shot two youth in Lahore.

During her meeting with UK Foreign Secretary William Hague Ms Khar presented herself as acting foreign minister, something that was also reflected in the British High Commission’s press releases.

Hina set to visit India as foreign minister | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

The name KHAR says it all- i am so sick of these family politicians :sick:

Back
Top Bottom