What's new

Hina Rabbani Khar New Foreign Minister

:what: Hina is not a jahil. i dont know from where you guys are coming up with misconception and propaganda spreading

She had been Minister of State for Economic Affairs Division, and was previously the Parliamentary Secretary for Economic Affairs and Statistics.

"A businesswoman by profession, she graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons.) from Lahore University of Management Sciences in 1999, and received her M.Sc. degree in management from University of Massachusetts, U.S.A in 2001."

only if degrees could win you education, as for her relevant experience is concern, she proved to be nothing but a laugh stock and I am sure you are aware of it.

And pray tell? what credentials does the man in your avatar hold, apart from bowling bouncers and leg cutters. :)

Expect every negotiation to be dragged out for hours on end...
Perhaps we may even be succesful.. afterall ..patience wears thing after a few minutes of

"Www Wee We Wiis Wi Wish to Ta Ta Ta Talk about Thi This MAtttter Widh You In In a an Enviornmant.. Enviornmend of Mutu al Resspect.....".

Lets see how it goes. Too early to judge her, and just because she is good looking does not mean she has to be dumb. She may be able to charm Obama, get along well with hilary.

In that post how you strike a personal rapport matters more than deep understanding of international relations. There are lots of people working behind the scene for that.

only if degrees could win you education, as for her relevant experience is concern, she proved to be nothing but a laugh stock and I am sure you are aware of it.

exaggeration by you. nothing else. earlier you claimed she was jahil/uneducated which btw proved that you dont know about her much

Lets see how it goes. Too early to judge her, and just because she is good looking does not mean she has to be dumb. She may be able to charm Obama, get along well with hilary.

In that post how you strike a personal rapport matters more than deep understanding of international relations. There are lots of people working behind the scene for that.

desi the point is that foreign policy is not decided by the foreign minister but an entire team of the govt functionaries. any FM speaks the mind of the govt and NOT his or her own so if the entire supporting team is good the FM will perform well otherwise not.

exaggeration by you. nothing else. earlier you claimed she was jahil/uneducated which btw proved that you dont know about her much

yup I didnt know its a B.A pass parliament !!

and yes I also didnt know that foreign ministry is a joke !

@Asim,
I don't know why you had to delete my post above?
I said something like:
Brunette bimbo. But she will have support of a very competent Foreign Secretary in Salman Bashir.
Her appointment is not that bad. It portrays a softer image of Pakistan. Zardari has done well by appointing so many women in prominent positions: Speaker NA, Dp. Speaker Sindh Assembly, Current and former Information Ministers, and now Ms. Khar.
Ms. Khar will learn in time. No body is born with credentials of a FM.
Look at Panetta: The joker was made the Director of CIA and now Defense Secretary.
Some of us are just too negative. We constantly destroy anything; it does not help Pakistan at all.
To repeat what others are saying: She will not be alone in managing foreign affairs. Besides, it is the Army which draws red lines in 'strategic' affairs anyway.
Good luck to Ms. Khar!

Talk about her lack of professionalism, even her lack of experience or young age would be fine. Calling her a bimbo is not. Its not the kind of discussions we want going on around here.

Do you really need a degree in Astrophysics to be a good minister ? I wonder ...

If she is astute enough to understand geo-politics , negotiate well etc , she will do well , B.A degree or no B.A degree....

Do you really need a degree in Astrophysics to be a good minister ? I wonder ...

If she is astute enough to understand geo-politics , negotiate well etc , she will do well , B.A degree or no B.A degree....

just a male jealousy nothing else otherwise if Zardari can be president, firdos asiq awan can be information minister why cant she be FM. she is not that bad

she's actually pretty bright....as an economist....as a foreign minister, well i guess we'll have to say. Not sure what experience she has in that department

From Wikipedia:

Hina Rabbani Khar (Urdu: حنا ربانی کھر , born 19 January 1977 in Multan) is a Pakistani politician and member of parliament who has been Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs since 13 February 2011.

Hina Rabbani Khar is daughter of politician Malik Ghulam Noor Rabbani Khar and niece of Malik Ghulam Mustafa Khar. A businesswoman by profession, she graduated with a B.Sc. (Hons) from Lahore University of Management Sciences in 1999, and received her M.Sc. in Management from the University of Massachusetts in 2001.

On 13 June 2009 she became the first woman to present a budget speech in the national assembly.

She served as the State Minister for Economic Affairs and Statistics as National Assembly member of PML-Q in (2003-2007).

Q was heavily defeated in 2008 Elections due to economic mismanagement and shortage of food, water and energy. Q refused the ticket for re-election in 08 to Hina Khar. PPP rescued Hina Khar by offering her the ticket in 08.

Hina Rabbani Khar is rich and famous privileged daughter of feudal politician Ghulam Noor Rabbani Khar who was ineligible for elections because he did not have a university degree and niece of infamous playboy ex-Governor Punjab Ghulam Mustafa Khar. The Khar political lure comes from the family's land holdings: their sprawling estate includes fisheries, mango orchards and sugarcane fields manned by thousands of poor workers of Punjab.

Khar received a B.Sc. from Lahore University of Management Sciences in 1999 and went on to earn a M.Sc. in hospitality trade and tourism from the University of Massachusetts in 2001. In 2008, she was named to the World Economic Forum's list of young global leaders.In 2008, Hina was elected as a member of National Assembly with a ticket from PPP from the constituency of Muzaffargarh, Punjab. She is state minister on Economic and Financial affairs.

She is a co-owner of the Polo Lounge, an upscale, popular restaurant located on the Lahore Polo Grounds.

She is currently married to Feroze Gulzar,a bussinesman.

Back
Top Bottom