What's new

Hillary may push for fighter aircraft deal with India

What makes this sale of F-35s great if India chooses to purchase them would be we could collate the F-35's capabilities along with the FGFA and utilize the same to modify the AMCA program for a hybridized version.

What makes this sale of F-35s great if India chooses to purchase them would be we could collate the F-35's capabilities along with the FGFA and utilize the same to modify the AMCA program for a hybridized version.

Or maybe US is offering the basic version so that we don't get our hands on the technology that really matters. US is notorious about arm twisting it's own policies or interests when it comes to military designs and their ownership.

Buy F-35 for N-MRCA, going for F-35 for MMRCA will further delay the acquisition by 2 years.

Or maybe US is offering the basic version so that we don't get our hands on the technology that really matters. US is notorious about arm twisting it's own policies or interests when it comes to military designs and their ownership.

Oh please.India saw right through their proposal to sell their F-16/18 tactic.We rejected it outright even though they maintained it was "fifth generation" because of the AESA radars.That's why they are offering us the F-35s,the best horse in their stable.Our defense strategists maybe a lot of things but idiots isn't one of them.

Oh please.India saw right through their proposal to sell their F-16/18 tactic.We rejected it outright even though they maintained it was "fifth generation" because of the AESA radars.That's why they are offering us the F-35s,the best horse in their stable.Our defense strategists maybe a lot of things but idiots isn't one of them.

That's exactly my point. Look at the price comparisons they are throwing. Even an amateur analyst can do a search and see that the F-35 at present costs $170 million per piece and the price is expected to go up due to escalating development costs. These guys are saying it's cheaper than the $125 billion Eurotyphoon!

Every politician from a fighter manufacturing country is "pushing" to buy their fighter... but we would only "pull" the right one.

We should buy f35 of the shelf from usa for our navy buy some 60 of them and put them under the naval air arm

That's exactly my point. Look at the price comparisons they are throwing. Even an amateur analyst can do a search and see that the F-35 at present costs $170 million per piece and the price is expected to go up due to escalating development costs. These guys are saying it's cheaper than the $125 billion Eurotyphoon!

I still don't understand your cause of concern.Do you think that India would blindly purchase a stripped jet ? Especially when we already have the FGFA rolling in by 2015.In all probability,they are only delineating the price of jet from the price of on-board defense systems as a marketing tactic.It can be compared to the way TV showrooms display prices without the additional charges outside their premises.But it all becomes clear to you when you step inside the store.It can hardly be construed as deliberately defrauding.

Buy F-35 for N-MRCA, going for F-35 for MMRCA will further delay the acquisition by 2 years.

Naval AMCA and naval FGFA would be ready by then.

Also Rafale will still evolve into something better by then.

Maybe even the N-LCA with an AESA and more RCS reduction would be better, and more fighters can be carried on board...

Who Knows! :what:

I still don't understand your cause of concern.Do you think that India would blindly purchase a stripped jet ? Especially when we already have the FGFA rolling in by 2015.In all probability,they are only delineating the price of jet from the price of on-board defense systems as a marketing tactic.It can be compared to the way TV showrooms display prices without the additional charges outside their premises.But it all becomes clear to you when you step inside the store.It can hardly be construed as deliberately defrauding.

India has already faced this in the past.
For $5.8-billion India gets stripped down C-17s without critical electronic systems | Military Strategy

I'm sure the B-2 is still far more advanced than anything we have today or can even hope to have for the next decade at least.

As per the F-22, don't tell me it can't be done. Folks said such things even before the nuke deal.

Moral of the story: If the US wants to do it, the US can do it.

why we need B-2. the unit of this plane is very high and also in the term of operational cost. if We need a dedicated Bomber they we can you PAK_DA. and i think it is more suitable for us coze this plane come without any restriction.

we should not act like a kid who went to exhibition with his father and try to buy whatever he want by just seeing that....

Getting new platform is not a cakewalk... we need to check the many factors
1: Training time frame
2:cost of spare parts
3:upgradation scope
4:more importantly .... relation with the country.. [now and future]

Back
Top Bottom