What's new

Hillary may push for fighter aircraft deal with India

Why would India go with F-35, when India has the T-50 project with Russia?

Because the other planes are also to be replaced even later.
By the way we cant sit quietly with only 300 FGFA and 300 AMCA may be in future. So it will be better to replace our current 3rd gen fighters with 5th gen.

Buy F-35 for N-MRCA, going for F-35 for MMRCA will further delay the acquisition by 2 years.
Not 2 years it will be more as the new race starts and Russia may offer some thing better for us.
Naval AMCA and naval FGFA would be ready by then.

Also Rafale will still evolve into something better by then.

Maybe even the N-LCA with an AESA and more RCS reduction would be better, and more fighters can be carried on board...

Who Knows! :what:
No chance of N AMCA now . First even conventional AMCA is not ready . There is no question of Naval MRCA now as we would be getting 40 Mig29k's and NPAKFA's.

Because the other planes are also to be replaced even later.
By the way we cant sit quietly with only 300 FGFA and 300 AMCA may be in future. So it will be better to replace our current 3rd gen fighters with 5th gen.

300 FGFA and 300 AMCA is a big number

by the time they get worn out, technology will have changed so much that even F-35 would start looking not so useful , and there might be 6th gen fighters coming into pictures

hence even i see no point in getting this deal done :smokin:

300 FGFA and 300 AMCA is a big number

by the time they get worn out, technology will have changed so much that even F-35 would start looking not so useful , and there might be 6th gen fighters coming into pictures

hence even i see no point in getting this deal done :smokin:
We need to replace 600+ 3rd generation fighters . PAKFA ,AMCA and MRCA fulfills this now F35 is like F-17 and later F35 will be added next gen techs
to make like F-18E/F and the replacement is a continuous process if u ve still doubt i would explain it.

IMO, there won't be a sixth generation. The next generation will be the generation of UCAV's and AI.
But for air superiority manned aircrafts will be there. How much of AI you give in next 40 years, the plane cannot make own decisions like pilot.
The real 8th generation fighter would be some thing like the aircraft present in movie STEALTH .

But for air superiority manned aircrafts will be there. How much of AI you give in next 40 years, the plane cannot make own decisions like pilot.
The real 8th generation fighter would be some thing like the aircraft present in movie STEALTH .

Present 5th Generation jets will continue to be operated as air superiority aircraft's given that upgrades will be incorporated over time but i don't think there will be(is a need for) manned sixth generation aircraft. UCAV are not required to make critical decisions as there is no human element involved in it. When i meant AI, i am not talking about AI that is shown in movie Stealth but the AI similar to that used in Chess games(very domain specific).

I'm sure the B-2 is still far more advanced than anything we have today or can even hope to have for the next decade at least.

As per the F-22, don't tell me it can't be done. Folks said such things even before the nuke deal.

Moral of the story: If the US wants to do it, the US can do it.

and B-2 is a very costly ... i think most costly then any other fighter or bomber

I'm sure the B-2 is still far more advanced than anything we have today or can even hope to have for the next decade at least.

True but its a Stealth Bomber and its Technology not shared with any country.

As per the F-22, don't tell me it can't be done. Folks said such things even before the nuke deal.

Why do we need F-22? US has not even shared the same with any of it friend countries

Moral of the story: If the US wants to do it, the US can do it.

US can influence to certain extent.

Let's be clear- if IAF/GoI wanted the F-35 then they would get them, no doubt. But, for whatever reasons, they have decided against it and looked elsewhere to fulfil their own, unique, needs. After all the IAF are the end users here, they know their requirements, their future doctrines, their future fleet outlook etc and they are proffesionals.

In regards to F-35 for IN I am still unconvinced, reports of the limited combat radius of the fighter (600 nm) means the CBG's operations are severly limited and it is somthing the IN will have to weigh up given THEIR needs.

what a load of crap if Hilary pushes F-35 for MMRCA then we should probably push it back in her face the IAF can't wait till 2018 for MMRCA we're behind schedule as it is. I'm not even sure the Navy'll want em if IAF buys Rafaels. besides we expect medium-weight twin engine AMCA to be ready by 2025 so whats the point of buying F-35 which is a 70% A2G & 30% A2A fighter we'll need a more balanced fighter probably with a larger weapon bay.

Oh this is dirty , dirty dirty and Hilary is a very dirty girl, no wonder she is pushing hard for this deal which is obviously going to make europeans angry

How is she going to do it? IAF decided the contenders leading--- LM and Boeing lost fair and square. As much as this article is amusing, I find such masala makers ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom