What's new

Have you ever paid bribe?

Same thing happened to me but I refused to pay bribe so had to cough up 300 rupees for riding without license,100 for riding without helmet,300 for hit and run and finally 100 for "chase and caught"........I just stopped a few meters ahead!!!
So I had to pay 800Rs with the fine receipt[and not to mention the curses they throw at you when you opt for this],whereas without the fine receipt,it would have been 100Rs!!

EDIT-also the earlier cases against my friend(his RTR) were dropped as he payed the SI some cash....The cases included
1)Drink and Drive
2)Hit and Run
3)Using cell-phone while riding AND
4)Dangerous driving!!!!

EVERY BLOODY DAY , i pass down . money to govt. officers to get the work done.

and irony is if you as for your deserving money to client - they will try to bargain and get your price down. but if its about bribe they are happy to pay what ever money you quote to them.

:undecided: bloody hell can any bloody member teach me how to bribe and how to assess that which person you can bribe without offending him

:undecided: bloody hell can any bloody member teach me how to bribe and how to assess that which person you can bribe without offending him

Well,here the common practice is to offer money to the person and if he hesitates to accept then give it to him under the name "Gift"............

Yes ... For new PTCL Connections , for its complaints , for traffic signal breaking , for not having license etc etc etc etc ..

Since South Asia have rampant corruption, I would like to ask the members, did they ever pay the bribe to get the work done.

Thanks

Funnily, never. People say I've got "the gift of the gab". Realized early in high school that looks alone cant net you favors from the fairer s@x and thus learnt to "talk the talk".

Btw, I had got my Passport done in a Single Day in B'lore!!!! Never paid a dime.

YES.

And anyone who says no is simply lying or doesn't have enough money to pay a bribe.Period.
Wrong. I have never paid bribes. And I know people who never have to, because they got that gift of the gab!

NEVER!

If there are dogs all around you barking, would you start barking too? :disagree:

Wrong. I have never paid bribes. And I know people who never have to, because they got that gift of the gab!

Times have changed,economy has increased and inflation has gone up.

In these days "the gift" can only reduce the amount, not waive it as I have found out from Traffic cops :P

Times have changed,economy has increased and inflation has gone up.

In these days "the gift" can only reduce the amount, not waive it as I have found out from Traffic cops :P

You may not believe this, but at a "traffic stop", I actually 'burrowed' money from a constable, in B'lore!!

why for passport ?? here in Peshawar for me it was so easy. got it on estimated date as given by the department

For passport, local police have to certify your conduct. So they will come to your home and nearby places and ask about you. Usually they take Rs-300/-

But in my bad time, I was not at home and forced to go to Police station. So ugly place....damn. First they gave me taunts regarding my papers, this is not correct, bla bla. They told me get a photocopy of some paper.

I said okay and just went out of that room. One guy came out with me and told me 'saab ko zara khushi karalo'.

I came back and give money along with paper, then he cooled down and all are okay within minutes.

Go to the person and whisper in his ears "Bhai jaan, kuch chai paani ka bandobast kar de kya?" The guy will flash a big evil grin. Just hand him over the bundle of notes underneath the table. :D

If he doesn't flash that big eveil grin, refrain from bribing. :lol:

Is it?? but if the person is suited booted from a big department how to offer instead of whispering in ear which BTW i cant do being girl

Is it?? but if the person is suited booted from a big department how to offer instead of whispering in ear which BTW i cant do being girl

Give little bhasan, like ...I know that you are a busy person, but you know it is very urgent for me. If you speed it, it is beneficial for both of us.

Aap Theklo, agar kuch kar sekthe tho acha hoga. Sab ko beneficial hain... give some small hints..If he is a guy to accept, he too revert.

Back
Top Bottom