What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me,how to put tweet over here ?

Click on the More button on bottom right corner of any tweet . . then click on the Embed tweet option . . it will show you an URL of that particular tweet.

Screenshot (117).png

copy that url in the media section like you post an Youtube video

Screenshot (116).png

There you go :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

7. It's an ELTA 2032 HYBRID actually, Indian T/R module with Israeli backend processor. Makes sense as why we should not modify/customize the radar for our use than just buy a new one. Performance as per sources 120km @ 2ms, 150km @ 3 - 5 msq.
Source.....'please'.
8. Composites absorb and deflect radar waves in a different way compared to metal surface. Funnily the radome of the plane absorbs the wavelengths giving only 40 - 50 km radar range as of now, even though radar is 150 KM in A2A range! These composites make the plane lighter and stealthier as a result. Even JF 17 blk III is scheduled to use this technology.
Stop going off,on a tangent.Mention sources for 'Stealth Composites'.
And BTW,ranges are normally 'classified',until and unless you show evidence,I'd dismiss this as being funny.

9. Tejas is the smallest lightest plane in the world in it's class. Being small itself gives a very low RCS. With the stealth composites included as well as RAM paint coating, the Tejas has an RCS of just a 1/3 of a Mirage 2000H as per experts. RCS of Mirage 2000H is 1 msq. Thus 1/3 is RCS of Tejas or 0.3 msq.
As per what experts?(Sources and no 'my uncle's sister's son-in-law's classmate kinda ones')

Whiat is proposed BVR for TEJAS? R-77 Adder?

Source.....'please'.

Yes,the MMR is Indian with Israeli processor

The coherent pulse-Doppler Multi Mode Radar is designed to operate equally effectively in the Air to Air and Air to Surface domains. Jointly developed as an Indian – Israeli venture, it features multi-target Air to Air Track, Hi Resolution Synthetic Aperture Mapping and specialized Air to Sea modes. The radar facilitates all weather employment of a variety of Air to Air and Air to Surface Weaponry, and is the primary targeting sensor on the Tejas.

LCA Tejas - Technology: Multi - Mode Radar

Stop going off,on a tangent.Mention sources for 'Stealth Composites'.
And BTW,ranges are normally 'classified',until and unless you show evidence,I'd dismiss this as being funny.

The nose cone radome of Tejas is another part that is expected to get a relook. “Now the radome is made of composite materials and we will change it to quartz. Today we are getting a radar range of 45-50 km and we need to improve the same to 80-plus km with the new material,” the official said.

Tejas Needs to Cross 6 Milestones in 15 Months -The New Indian Express

LCASSTRUCTUREMATERIALWEIGHTREDUCTIONSTEALTH1.jpg

120 km against 2 sq.m RCS aerial target, >150 km for surface targets against sea clutter

ACIG Exclusives : Tejas Resources

Last edited:
Whiat is proposed BVR for TEJAS? R-77 Adder?

The Derby missile.

Yes,the MMR is Indian with Israeli processor

That was the aim, but didn't worked out, not it's most likely the other way arount. Israeli MMR with Indian processors for LCA MK1 and Jaguar Darin 3, just like we do it with Russian radars for MKI, FGFA and most likely for Mig 29s too.

The EL 2032 is a puls doppler radar, aimed on 5m² targets and depending on the nose diameter is officially given with around 140Km detection range in the Rafael brochures.

It's a PESA radar not AESA because of it's IFF nodes. China bought PESA radar from Russia around early 2000s.

LCA is a Light Combat Fighter, in that role other than Gripen E/F it's the best.

Tejas took around 15 years for actual work (designing, construction, testing) to be done. We were making a 4+ Gen fighter for the first time on our own. It took nearly 12 - 15 years to get the necessary industrial capacity together before work could begin. But today it can arguably be said to be the best in it's class (Gripen C/D, JF 17, F16 A/B and early C variants,etc included) due to the some amazing technologies used.

1. HMDS (Dash Helmet Mounted Display Sights)
2. FLIR/ Passive IRST (Litening Pod)
3. Internal MAWS, RWR, systems
4. High Thrust to Weight Ratio 1.07
5. Very Low Wing Loading (50.7 lbs/sqft)
6. All Axis Digital Flight Control System (Quadruplex Redundant)
7. ELTA 2032 Hybrid Multi Mission Radar (150 KM Air to Air range for 3 - 5 msq target, 300 KM for Air to Ground target the size of tank.)
8. Stealth Composites
9. Very Low RCS (0.3 msq)
10. Very Low Cost ($ 26 million only)

JF 17 has only point 10. to call it's own

It's a two seater!

i loooled.. :lol:

i loooled.. :lol:

Please avoid one liners here.

That was the aim, but didn't worked out, not it's most likely the other way arount. Israeli MMR with Indian processors for LCA MK1 and Jaguar Darin 3, just like we do it with Russian radars for MKI, FGFA and most likely for Mig 29s too.

I thought the Radar processor was difficult technology...What happened with our own MMR ?

I thought the Radar processor was difficult technology...What happened with our own MMR ?

It's more like mission computers for the radars which we currently can supply. So far sadly nothing much as it seems, LCA MK1 is expected with EL 2032 and some Indian customizations, the fact that even the Jags will not get it, makes clear that the problems with the A2G modes couldn't be resolved so far and statements of ADA officials estimated, that it's more likely to see it in the early MK2s, rather than the indigenous AESA. So we still are far back in this field and need credible techs through the MMRCA and FGFA deals.

I wouldnt if the person hadnt made such ridiculous claims...

I wouldnt if the person hadnt made such ridiculous claims...

--
Jf17 dont ahve point 1to 9 ?

I am not insulting that chinese plane, But heard somewhere that FC1 was unable to do night sortie. PAF wanted to induct FC1 in hurry.

FC1 was missing many capabilities when it was introduce in PAF. First PAF inducted FC1 and later they added many feature.

Its Pakistani strategy, while IAF strategy is "We want a plane with full capabilities."

I am not insulting that chinese plane, But heard somewhere that FC1 was unable to do night sortie. PAF wanted to induct FC1 in hurry.

FC1 was missing many capabilities when it was introduce in PAF. First PAF inducted FC1 and later they added many feature.

Its Pakistani strategy, while IAF strategy is "We want a plane with full capabilities."

A half made fighter inducted into service is very shortsighted on PAF's part. Maybe that's why PAF has learnt from IAF and has stopped commissioning JF 17 squadrons since 2010 in order to wait till plane reaches minimum operational capability or IOC.

A half made fighter inducted into service is very shortsighted on PAF's part. Maybe that's why PAF has learnt from IAF and has stopped commissioning JF 17 squadrons since 2010 in order to wait till plane reaches minimum operational capability or IOC.

I can't comment on it.. IAF approach is also not that good. I think something is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom