What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my eyes playing with me or the recent prototypes seem to have a higher angle of attack...looks more hooked..am I imagining it ?

starting point of take off is intentionally left out in all videos :unsure:

the bigger point is that the IAF has still till date not specified the main BVR missile for LCA, correct me if I am wrong. The default option is derby thanks to Navy.

Because the fighter is only in development yet and didn't have integrated any BVR missiles because of the radar / nose problems. At this point, it doesn't matter what missile any of the force intends to use, because as said that's only a logistical problem of them, but makes no difference in the development of the fighter.

The new engine requirement right at the beginning, while carrying on with the current engine, levcons introduced, sloping of the nose all requirements were specified at the word go.

Wrong, the use of Derby was just decided in the recent years, when they also decided about the content of the MK2 upgrade, the rest is the modification to the naval version and only that was decided at the begining, which is what we see today in the NP1 and NP2, which however are based on the MK1 and therefor don't have AESA the new engine...

IN is on record saying that for surface operations LCA thrust is more than adequate, and is capable of handling current threats in our milleu when the weapons testing will be over.

Not really, the whole thrust increase to 90+ kN is soley based on IN's requirements. There are several reports where Navy pilots or officials are saying that N-LCA is just a modest platform and mainly a project to cover the naval fighter development side, not because it's a capable platform and there are several officials that criticized DRDO and ADA for mistakes and delays in the project, which is even why Airbus was hired to solve problems.

IN has looked into AMCA, and made calculations that suggested that the modifications required for naval AMCA will not be as extensive as LCA due to the structure of the plane. So a naval version will not be an issue.

LOL, where did you get that from? :D IN want to go for catapults, therefor any future indigenous carrier fighter will need more changes compared to N-LCA, not less and that doesn't even include the changes that a stealth design cause, just the basic fact that the navalisation alone is far more demanding.

@sancho Not true missiles are not plug and play hardware, you need interfacing and CFD testing before actual firing.

Derby use due to logistics and Israeli back end of MMR was considered by IN, was included early. They also have Mig 29K, but they were practical in demand.

Aesa not included due to practical reasons.

Higher thrust required due to sea level operations.
Boeing consultancy for landing gear weight reduction mainly.
Delay due to focus on air force focus of LCA program main criticism, over estimation of capabilities as well as underestimation of navalization challenge was shared criticism.

Modest platform compared to MIGs and Rafael, shornet etc. Modest naval platform.

AMCA undercarriage structure doesn't need major strengthening for naval operations.

Catapult operations also factored.

@KalaGhoda
NLCA cockpit is drooping more for carrier ops, visibility angle is increased.

Happy new year all
May LCA be inducted into IAF next year and hopefully get FOC too.
Should see a lot of news on this.

Where the hell is NP2?

Awesome video.Hats off !
Loved the slo-mo part.
And also the onboard cockpit camera footage !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom