What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else from Bangalore over here? The LCA has been making rounds continuously every afternoon since Monday. Since it's during office hours I'm able to glimpse it from my window but am unable to take pics or videos. I've never seen it fly so frequently. Has anyone managed to get any pics or inside news?

I'm guessing that these are LSP3 and LSP5 as they are ones that have the most amount of flying hours..................................Cant wait to see LSP6&7:)

I was in blore for 2 yrs but I only got a glimpse once, a vertical climb....you are lucky guys..

Anyone else from Bangalore over here? The LCA has been making rounds continuously every afternoon since Monday. Since it's during office hours I'm able to glimpse it from my window but am unable to take pics or videos. I've never seen it fly so frequently. Has anyone managed to get any pics or inside news?

I spend my afternoon at office, so couldn't see anything. 3 week ago I saw one LCA flight (It was saturday evening.) I will try to see now..

I spend my afternoon at office, so couldn't see anything. 3 week ago I saw one LCA flight (It was saturday evening.) I will try to see now..
I guess I'm lucky to have my house and office in HAL 2nd stage near the old airport. It stopped around 30 minutes ago. Maybe it'll continue tomorrow too.

Was in b'lore sum times back and saw it 2-3 times ot looks so cute also saw dhruv

I have basic question, so somebody enlighten me. If we were to design LCA with twin engine would it not improve the thrust factor and make it an awesome machine. According to your discussion right now Kaveri engine provides only 80 kN thrust, so with two engines it should increase substantially.

I have basic question, so somebody enlighten me. If we were to design LCA with twin engine would it not improve the thrust factor and make it an awesome machine. According to your discussion right now Kaveri engine provides only 80 kN thrust, so with two engines it should increase substantially.
You cannot just change an aircraft into a twin engine one. The designs for the air frame are drawn at the very start of the process and it is at this point itself that the engine configuration is decided. After decades of perfecting models and wind tunnel tests you have pretty much moved way beyond the point of making major changes to the airframe.

Besides, it's a "Light" combat aircraft. It wouldn't remain one with 2 engines.

I guess I'm lucky to have my house and office in HAL 2nd stage near the old airport. It stopped around 30 minutes ago. Maybe it'll continue tomorrow too.

I stay at Doddenekundi (1 miles form Airport strip) , My office is near Leela palace.. I see dhruv daily while on the way to office..

Take some video of LCA... :) and share it..

I stay at Doddenekundi (1 miles form Airport strip) , My office is near Leela palace.. I see dhruv daily while on the way to office..

PLs take yaar, I wish I could stay that close to HAL, I saty far but its raining in Bangalore and LCA is always above clouds, so difficult to take any pictures.

PLs take yaar, I wish I could stay that close to HAL, I saty far but its raining in Bangalore and LCA is always above clouds, so difficult to take any pictures.
Actually when it does sorties, it always dips near the HAL airstrip before climbing again. That's when you can see it.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Did it once before from HSR but camera quality was bad. Will try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot just change an aircraft into a twin engine one. The designs for the air frame are drawn at the very start of the process and it is at this point itself that the engine configuration is decided. After decades of perfecting models and wind tunnel tests you have pretty much moved way beyond the point of making major changes to the airframe.

Besides, it's a "Light" combat aircraft. It wouldn't remain one with 2 engines.

Correct, although I would love to see a twin engined Tejas in the 20-22 Tonne MTOW category.

Me too from Bangalore..and a kannadiga
Have seen it many times....and saw Dhruv flying very low...

LCA AESA radar should be jointly developed with DRDO and ELTA, the EL/2052 would be a good radar for the LCAMK2 prototypes until the Indian AESA radar is developed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom