What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian Air Force Set To Form Tejas Squadron | AVIATION WEEK

The Indian air force (IAF) has begun preparations to form the first Tejas Light Combat Aircraft squadron here.

The No. 45 Sqdn. will be known as the Flying Daggers (the same as MiG-21/MiG-21BIS squadron).

Air Cmdr. B.R. Krishna, chief test pilot at the Aircraft Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE), tells Aviation Week that ASTE has identified two pilots to fly the Tejas as part of the IAF’s user evaluation, following the initial operational clearance (IOC) granted on Jan. 10.

The squadron will be first raised in Bengaluru before moving to Sulur in Coimbatore (in Tamil Nadu, a South Indian state).

The limited series production aircraft LSP-7 and LSP-8 will be used for the evaluation. ASTE hopes to receive the aircraft in the next 3-4 months. “Lot of inputs from the pilots have gone into the Tejas program, especially in the area of cockpit design,” Krishna says. “The cockpit of LSP-5, the last platform that entered the flight line, is the final production mode. Test pilots from ASTE, too, gave their inputs.”

Military sources confirm that ASTE test pilot Wing Cmdr. Paranjal Singh and flight-test engineer Wing Cmdr. Manish Kumar have been chosen to perform the user evaluation. The two pilots will also work with the Tejas simulator at the Aeronautical Development Establishment, as well as with various teams from the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL).

With the IAF readying to form the squadron, the onus now shifts to ADA and HAL to proceed from IOC to the final operational clearance phase.

lca%2Btejas%2Brepublic%2Bday%2Bparade%2B2010.jpg

^^Naval LCA has long landing gear...

By the way,why this foolish HAL is not making it fast ...Just one guys is working with LCA naval...
And when will be the first flight of Naval LCA ...any idea guys?

Awesome video of LCA Tejas at Aero India 2011

plzz tell me what does awesome seem in this video to you?

why only loops and rolling?

why nt a full 360 turn?

Last edited by a moderator:

By the way,why this foolish HAL is not making it fast ...Just one guys is working with LCA naval...

Actually naval LCA doesnt need any attention. Its always going to be a paper plane/experimental and hardly see the light of day being operated by ACs. I would rather ask ADA to concentrate more on LCA Mk2 and then AMCA to move it forward as soon as possible.

Because that is only one of the first prototypes, the final version will be based on MK2 and those changes are not cleared yet. LCA MK2 (IAF) is planned to fly in 2014, N-LCA one year later.

Guys how many missiles(A2A+A2G,etc,etc..) can Tejas carry...?

Depends on mission config and how many fuel tanks are needed. As I said in an earlier post, normal A2A config should be:

- 1 x centerline fuel tank
- 4 x BVR missiles (R77 / Astra)
- 2 x WVR missiles (R73 / Python V?)

In A2G it also depends on the load, like the pic Sudhir posted 2 x WVR missiles, with lighter LGBs, or a single fuel tank, 2 x BVR, 2 x WVR missiles.

why nt a full 360 turn?

Please stop these debates based on Youtube videos, that's not leading anywhere and will start only useless discussions!

why nt a full 360 turn?

Tejas doesnt need to run showing its back.. it has sufficient EW capabilities to defeat incoming missiles ... so i guess HAL is not concentrating on the 360' turn

Actually naval LCA doesnt need any attention. Its always going to be a paper plane/experimental and hardly see the light of day being operated by ACs. I would rather ask ADA to concentrate more on LCA Mk2 and then AMCA to move it forward as soon as possible.

Hi Dash, I think the same, to concentrate on improving MK2. I don't see that N-LCA will be useful as a carrier fighter, especially when we look at payload and weapon stations. If we take Saabs statements to account, that the Sea Gripen will have 1/3rd less payload when operated from STOBAR carriers, it leaves N-LCA with a very poor load capability.

Hi Dash, I think the same, to concentrate on improving MK2. I don't see that N-LCA will be useful as a carrier fighter, especially when we look at payload and weapon stations. If we take Saabs statements to account, that the Sea Gripen will have 1/3rd less payload when operated from STOBAR carriers, it leaves N-LCA with a very poor load capability.

In all possible scenarios you need a twin engine fighter to carrier borne operations. Especialluy when your main role is strike. Gripen,LCA and like sized fighters will not be able to carry that much payload, when specially fitted with ground attack mode.

The naval LCA is an experimental aircraft at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom