What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

Personally, I don't agree with the use of excessive camouflage for LCH. They are not designed to transport military personels and most of the time it would be up in the air if not grounded at base. How often will it be landing by dry forests or in an urban area etc? Not very likely at all. I see very little benefit from it, although I do agree with the phrase "every little helps".

Personally, I don't agree with the use of excessive camouflage for LCH. They are not designed to transport military personels and most of the time it would be up in the air if not grounded at base. How often will it be landing by dry forests or in an urban area etc? Not very likely at all. I see very little benefit from it, although I do agree with the phrase "every little helps".

Oke dry forest i mean by desert.... the current one suits both snow and desert areas.... and when the helios is around the over desert or snow it is difficult to be seen via binocular or satellite or any other spy mechanism.. secondly this is a technology which has been matured and tested and it can provide different shades as per the area of operation..

*LCH has the Third Highest payload at 3400 Kg, despite being touted as a light combat helicopter , it does supremely well in this category.

where do you guys get that bs number from?
all the attack made so far, none capable of carrying load more than its own empty weight. someone must be counting weapon load + pilots, fuel, and other equipments too.lol

all the attack made so far, none capable of carrying load more than its own empty weight. someone must be counting weapon load + pilots, fuel, and other equipments too.lol
No the load it can take other than fuel and equipment is 3000KG not only that its also having the best service ceiling and rate of climb

// I never understood why are we going for light version of every thing ??/ I mean i checked out comparison of dhruv with rest of its competitor and Dhruv is at a respectable level. But when i looked at the comparison between attack helicopters LCH is not that good.
I mean there are choppers which can fly much above LCH, which can carry more weapons and specially all of them had higher speed than LCH. I hope HAL should seriously consider to increase the speed of LCH which is now 275 while rest of its competitor range from 325-400 kmph.

//

Why light Version: What do you think where the war will happen in coming year?? Isn't it Mountains of Himalya??? keeping that into mind We are equipping ourself with such arms which are operational at heights. Dhruv, LCA, LCH, Tank-ex all are made keeping Mountain/High altitude in Mind.

There are very few Combat Helos which can fly at that altitude, they are not made for it.

@speed: why you want great speed for a helo??? use fighter plane instead, The speed can be increased once improved shakti engine will come, the improved engine will enhance service ceiling as well

I never understood why are we going for light version of every thing ??/ I mean i checked out comparison of dhruv with rest of its competitor and Dhruv is at a respectable level. But when i looked at the comparison between attack helicopters LCH is not that good.
I mean there are choppers which can fly much above LCH, which can carry more weapons and specially all of them had higher speed than LCH. I hope HAL should seriously consider to increase the speed of LCH which is now 275 while rest of its competitor range from 325-400 kmph.
mate,we would fight wars on very low altitude,we have to fight war at the himalaya and tibet..
so our aircrafts should have very high service ceiling,so
LCA,LCH....
and Light weight tanker,so that we can transport more number of our light weight tanker with the help of C-130 and C-17's.....
the more height we get from LCA and LCH the more good it is...

Do yourself a favor and gather some info before you start blabbering and start your smartarsery.. You only make yourself look like a fail troll. Have a look at the chart posted earlier in this thread on page 26.
Heres a link for your convenience
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ght-combat-helicopter-lch-26.html#post1466764 :wave:

No the load it can take other than fuel and equipment is 3000KG not only that its also having the best service ceiling and rate of climb

that make no sense. go look at other helicopters specs with 5 blades and powerful engines, all carrying weapon load less than its empty weight. think about it!

all the pics we've seen so far looks like LAH can carry the least load compare to other attack choppers, not like claimed here..

that make no sense. go look at other helicopters specs with 5 blades and powerful engines, all carrying weapon load less than its empty weight. think about it!

all the pics we've seen so far looks like LAH can carry the least load compare to other attack choppers, not like claimed here..

Chinook:

Empty weight: 23,400 lb (10,185 kg)
Loaded weight: 26,680 lb (12,100 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 50,000 lb (22,680 kg)

AH-64
Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 23,000 lb (10,433 kg)

Thats where its compromise with speed. Look at the data. For your convenience I will compare tech specs of Tiger and LCH..
Tiger 3000/6000 LCH 2300/5700 (Empty wght/MTOW) Engine approx 1200 HP for both. speed 275 and 290. Range 800km and 700 km.. Infact Tiiger is best but It has not service ceiling what we want... Hope it serve ur appetite...

Ashok: Chinook is totally different thing, please don't compare apple with orange... Eurocopter Tiger is best Example to compare..

And finally: There can be variance of 5% ...

Thats where its compromise with speed. Look at the data. For your convenience I will compare tech specs of Tiger and LCH..
Tiger 3000/6000 LCH 2300/5700 (Empty wght/MTOW) Engine approx 1200 HP for both. speed 275 and 290. Range 800km and 700 km.. Infact Tiiger is best but It has not service ceiling what we want... Hope it serve ur appetite...

Ashok: Chinook is totally different thing, please don't compare apple with orange... Eurocopter Tiger is best Example to compare..

And finally: There can be variance of 5% ...

still, the number is fishy because if you add all up including: fuel, crews, and other heavy equipments..the weight would exceeding the MTOW.how is that possible to fly if 3000kg is weapon load as claimed here..?

ai1hm.jpg

Nice find Sudhir! :tup:

Aero India staring from tomorrow, will be waiting for some decent videos of LCA and LCH.

Chinook:

Empty weight: 23,400 lb (10,185 kg)
Loaded weight: 26,680 lb (12,100 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 50,000 lb (22,680 kg)

AH-64
Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 23,000 lb (10,433 kg)

still, the number is fishy because if you add all up including: fuel, crews, and other heavy equipments..the weight would exceeding the MTOW.how is that possible to fly if 3000kg is weapon load as claimed here..?

3000 KG Eurocoptor tiger can have MTOW 6000kg, you don have problem with that, but when we said 2300 KG LCH can have MTOW 5600, you smell something...

Paranoia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom