What's new

Gwadar port city development project | News and Updates

I see so much potential for Pakistan . Gwadar coastal and bay and hammerhead areas seems to have so much so much empty space along pakistani coastline that is not developed- Pakistan in desperate need of tourism and more income job and investment with extensive land reclamation, beautification and nourishment of the shoreline,planting some with greenery and sand import like mexico, UAE and australia has done with their beaches and building of some modern beachfront skyscrapers I think it's it's possible it's possible to make it look similar to gold coast or cancun-they looked no different to likes of balochistan just few decades ago- Even Israel has done this and they have tiny coastline and little space -There seems to be so much empty land on the waterfront. I wonder what is the possibilities of this developed into something similar to those countries or am i just a i'm a dreamer ?

Imagine the right sort of beautification and development of all of this empty space......

01%20Gwadar.jpg

12718463143_8296839836_k.jpg

105711650.mUmj3tdM.AsiaAerialsNov08029.jpg

Gwadar-Port-5.jpg

Pakistan-vs-Thailand2.jpg

Maybe one day might turn into something similar to this........

Abu Dhabi

MJAUG12Dredging-CEDA.jpg

Cancun

Cancun-Mexico-2.jpg

Gold coast

Gold-Coast-Australia.jpg

I probably sound deluded but some of them looked same as gwadar just a few decades ago.......

Abu Dhabi and Gold coast in the 50s

AbuDhabi_History_1958.jpg

image_aerial-view-from-the-beach-1955.jpg

If they can do it why can't we ?

I see so much potential for Pakistan . Gwadar coastal and bay and hammerhead areas seems to have so much so much empty space along pakistani coastline that is not developed- Pakistan in desperate need of tourism and more income job and investment with extensive land reclamation, beautification and nourishment of the shoreline,planting some with greenery and sand import like mexico, UAE and australia has done with their beaches and building of some modern beachfront skyscrapers I think it's it's possible it's possible to make it look similar to gold coast or cancun-they looked no different to likes of balochistan just few decades ago- Even Israel has done this and they have tiny coastline and little space -There seems to be so much empty land on the waterfront. I wonder what is the possibilities of this developed into something similar to those countries or am i just a i'm a dreamer ?

Imagine the right sort of beautification and development of all of this empty space......

01%20Gwadar.jpg

Gwadar-Port-5.jpg

Abu Dhabi

MJAUG12Dredging-CEDA.jpg

Cancun

Cancun-Mexico-2.jpg

Gold coast

Gold-Coast-Australia.jpg

I probably sound deluded but some of them looked same as gwadar just a few decades ago.......

Its totally possible.

The first steps are to clean up the coast and water. Make resorts then tourism will help local business. This will be catalyst.

The first thing they need to resolve is the potable water shortage in Gwadar and the province as a whole... only then can other desired development take place.

I hope they move on that fast!
Agreed with you Clutch.

Pakistan has a lot of potential. In fact, she's been listed now as an emerging market, a massive upgrade from the previous frontier market status. Emerging market status means that Pakistan has met many growth oriented calculations the WB uses, and she is now considered in the same category of countries like Brazil, Mexico, Russia, India and China.

But do remember, there is no real comparison with these countries as these countries have been experiencing growth for the past two decades, Pakistan is now starting. But nevertheless, its on the growth path. Give it 10-15 years and you will see an entirely different Pakistan than what you knew till a few years ago. Just recently, it has changed a lot in the past few years. The infrastructure work, the electric generation projects, the new sea port in Gawader, etc. This is serious stuff and high potential. Now, to give you some facts about what this means and some comparisons about the potential:

- The coastal areas of Pakistan are easily around 1100 KM's (about 690 miles) and a population of 200 million people. The UAE has a coastline of about 800 KM's and a population of less than 12 million, including immigrant workers. To understand the potential, let's now compare something similar from the US, let's take a sample demographic sea coastline area from Plymouth, NC till New Port, RI (also roughly 1100+ KM or about 680 miles, the same as Pakistan).

Pakistan with this coastline area, has a much, much larger population than the UAE (200 million vs. 12 million), and the US sample area from about 8 US states' coastline I defined above, (the population comparison is 200 million people of Pakistan, vs. 70 million people living in the US states being used as a sample).

So now let's do numbers. The UAE has 20 ports within 800 KM area (majority of these are Oil exporting terminals), the US in comparable sample area has about 18 ports. Majority of these ports represent port districts such as NY/NJ ports which span over 25 miles of port area meaning many ports combined together to make up a "district".

So now to put things in perspective, the UAE's exports are around $ 324 billion and imports around $ 274 billion (total $ 598 billion volume). About 80% of this is through the ports, but the population is only 12 million people. The US, through the sample area of 8 states coastline I've taken, imports and exports over $ 800 billion to $ 1 trillion (the US does around $ 4 Trillion worth of exports and imports every year from all ports).

So now the conclusion is, we took a much smaller country with less than 10% of the population compared to Pakistan, with almost 3 times the GDP. We then took less than half the US east coast as a sample coastline area to what Pakistan has, and counted the ports and the business volume in billions there to.

Comparing this to Pakistan, she only has 1 active port and that is Karachi, Gawader is now going operational. But remember, there is enough room to build 15+ ports for all purposes, deep, medium and light shipping, etc, throughout the 1100 KM area available. Through Gawader, Pakistan will be providing for the Western Chinese population and eventually, to some Central Russian estates. That adds over 400 million more consumers which will use Pakistan's trade routes.

So expect more ports to be built and more shipping, trucking and many new cities to be formed. If I can guess, Pakistan, in the next 5-8 years would pass the UAE in GDP and would get closer to $ 800 billion mark or $ 1 trillion mark. There is no guess work there. The estimates are that Pakistan should be around $ 1.5 trillion economy by 2025-2030. But a democratic and business friendly environment is a must for this kind of growth.

Pakistan is the 6th largest country population wise and the 3rd largest English speaking country on the globe. There is no reason that within the next 2-3 decades it can't become the top 12th or 13th economy and worth over $ 3-4 trillion. Even at over $ 1.5 trillion, this growth would do wonders to Pakistan, in terms of making her look and feel like a UAE if you will. Because unlike Brazil, Mexico or India, the Pakistan's area or depth, which is a disadvantage militarily, becomes a blessing economically as it won't require near the amount of money others would due to their larger size, to create much more modern infrastructure. You'll pay a lot more to build a house over 5 acres for 100 people, then building a house on 1 acres for 25 people. So the quality of life in Pakistan will grow significantly in the next few years. Sort of the future South Korea if you will.

Last edited:

01%20Gwadar.jpg

Gwadar-Port-5.jpg

Abu Dhabi

MJAUG12Dredging-CEDA.jpg

Cancun

Cancun-Mexico-2.jpg

Gold coast

Gold-Coast-Australia.jpg

Very much possible in 20-30 years if security is further improved, only then people will come to invest and live.

گوادر میں چائنہ ریڈ کراس اسپتال کی تعمیرات کا کام شروع کر دیا گیا۔
گوادر پورٹ اتھارٹی کے احاطے میں چائنہ ریڈ کراس اسپتال کی تعمیر کا کام تیزی سے جاری ہے
چائنہ کی کمپنی نے گوادر میں زیر تعمیر اسپتال کا ماڈل بھی خود تیار کیا
اسپتال میں ریڈ کراس ایسوسیشن اور پاکستان کے ڈاکٹر تعینات ہونگے

18011059_1144337972360566_3219018109315374890_n.jpg

18033119_1144337962360567_8121578333417723015_n.jpg

17991850_1144337969027233_4816949895555718591_n.jpg

17991936_1144338112360552_8567108876298977503_n.jpg

Whats the solution for the water shortage ?

Use Ocean water, desalinate it for drinking purposes (like we do in the US in many states like Florida, Georgia, etc). Plus, reverse feed the Ocean water into the Pakistani rivers using a large canal. That way, you don't have to worry about India stopping any water on Pakistani rivers and your rivers will always have enough to support the irrigation and other needs.

Use Ocean water, desalinate it for drinking purposes (like we do in the US in many states like Florida, Georgia, etc). Plus, reverse feed the Ocean water into the Pakistani rivers using a large canal. That way, you don't have to worry about India stopping any water on Pakistani rivers and your rivers will always have enough to support the irrigation and other needs.

Very energy intensive and costly measure for a country like pakistan.

Unlikely to fill the water deficit that currently exists. Can be a short term limited solution for a small growing city of Gwadar but beyond that it's very hard to scale up. Desalinated water still lacks the minerals to be direct replacement for fresh water. Mineralization of desalinated water is a significant added cost.

Need more dams, improve water losses, and better water management.

Last edited:
Very energy intensive and costly measure for a country like pakistan.

Unlikely to fill the water deficit that currently exists. Can be a short term limited solution for a small growing city of Gwadar but beyond that it's very hard to scale up. Desalinated water still lacks the minerals to be direct replacement for fresh water. Mineralization of desalinated water is a significant added cost.

Need more dams, improve water losses, and better water management.

This is the cheapest route.....you don't have to build massive dams and huge infrastructure. You can initially build water sanitation plants. Pretty much all Ocean front states have water that tastes horrible but its cleansed enough to drink and it comes out of the Ocean and get refined.

The second step is digging up the sand and creating a canal that can take the water and feed the rivers if need be. That is also not that complicated (it will take time and money, but much less money and risk of building so many dams that depend on water coming out of India, the water stops, the billions of dollars per dam are wasted). So here is the visual representation of what I was saying:

Sea_Water_Inland_Irrigation.png

Back
Top Bottom