What's new

Gilgit-Baltistan representatives seek US support!

I am not bothered how my post looks dude, I infact was smiling about the fact that there are so many things happening in the shadows. I don't hold any significance to this movement as I am not concerned - it was just information. The guy above - I don't know who he is - If he is so sure that all this is false - then let him go debunk all those articles and websites - people read what's put up. I never asked anybody to worry about it. I found the whole situation funny as well - similar to Indian Kashmir's freedom movement.

These articles and websites are as worthy to debunk as the claims of a diagnosed schizoid claiming to be Superman. If one were to go debunking every ill-cooked monkey claim from every self-proclaimed analyst-cum-guru one would find life itself short and futile. 'What's put up' is what people read, true. What people read is what they analyze, scrutinize and deliberate over; apparently not so true for the sheep of this day and age. Any sane man capable of any comprehensible thought would be well ashamed if caught giving any more credence to "articles" such as this than what they are worth i.e. any more credence than what desperately and tastelessly formulated garbage is worth. Although ulterior motives are a play everywhere these days.... Hint for the wise *wink*.

The whole situation up north holds no resemblance to anything remotely funny and even less to what is seen in the Indian held Kashmir. But these comparisons, though stark, are not for this thread.

On to the thread. In all my years traveling up, down and across our north I have never once witnessed any signs of any such movement, far from it being remotely popular. I would not be surprised at all if this article was just another desperate attempt at a half-baked cake made from thin air. The people up there are unprecedentedly nice. I have dinned with these people in their houses, I have spent days on mountain sides, mid-winters, cooked up in a tent with them, I've found many a friend up there but I've never found them wanting. These are honest folk who are as tough in their lives as they are simple and soft in their interaction. Their wishes seldom go beyond food, shelter, education and health for their children. The crime rate up there is extraordinarily low and these people are extremely accepting. Political turmoil, extremism, religious fanaticism (Google: Ismailis), ethnic strife, contrary to what some anonymous "writers" out there would have you believe, are virtually unheard of for the people living up there. These people are as Pakistani in action and spirit as am I. A brief talk on anything Pakistani will easily make it abundantly clear. A talk on the Pakistani army would be even more interesting. The only notable political demand that they have, which I might add is, sadly, always conveyed too passively to bear any reasonable pressure on the government, is of being something more than just a 'federally administrated area', which is not unreasonable at all. And I believe there were positive talks going on within the government to give them a provincial status of sorts.

You don't have to take my word for any of this, you can ask any of the countless foreigners who've ever been up there. In fact I'll give you a start. Matt and Ty Gordon are two American brothers who once came to our North trying to find some awesome, never before discovered bouldering routes. What they found up there was what they fell in love with. And now its been more than 11 years, I think, since they've been living in Skardu. They live there with their wives and two little daughters (I think they are 3 and 4 years old now) and Justin, a friend of their's, visits them for months at times every year. They have quit a lot to say about Pakistan, in general, and Gilgit Baltistan, in specific. Go through their site. At least you'll love the pictures. Karakorum Climbing.com

EDIT:

If there is nothing to worry, why fear a thread? A thread can only do imaginary things at most.

The worry is not of what this thread holds for G/B. It is of what threads like these have turned this forum into; A platform for bickering, naive and artless children. While many have left exactly because of this there are still some here who remember the better times of this forum and many of them have decided since long to only browse and not post anymore. I genuinely feel angry at what has been going on here.

what nonsense...there are political parties of all spectrums that have people hailing from those areas; some of the nations greatest and most patriotic people of all walks of life hail from the region.....

how convenient that this "resentment" is being reported in indian news......especially at a time when it is really the people on the opposite side of the LoC are the ones really resenting.

and it's even more silly to talk about repression or crushing dissent.......look at india's Armed Forces Special Powers Act -- which has been imposed on occupied Kashmir for several years now. By far the most iron fisted, draconian rule.

links need not even be provided to prove this point because it's blatantly obvious already whose hands are really dirty when it comes to the issue of Kashmir

Pakistan probably has one more separation movement to worry about. :D

says the indian!!! :rofl:

there are over 2 dozen active seperatist movements as well as rebel movements in your country, who are you to talk? Your entire northeast is up in insurrections.

These articles and websites are as worthy to debunk as the claims of a diagnosed schizoid claiming to be Superman. If one were to go debunking every ill-cooked monkey claim from every self-proclaimed analyst-cum-guru one would find life itself short and futile. 'What's put up' is what people read, true. What people read is what they analyze, scrutinize and deliberate over; apparently not so true for the sheep of this day and age. Any sane man capable of any comprehensible thought would be well ashamed if caught giving any more credence to "articles" such as this than what they are worth i.e. any more credence than what desperately and tastelessly formulated garbage is worth. Although ulterior motives are a play everywhere these days.... Hint for the wise *wink*.

The whole situation up north holds no resemblance to anything remotely funny and even less to what is seen in the Indian held Kashmir. But these comparisons, though stark, are not for this thread.

On to the thread. In all my years traveling up, down and across our north I have never once witnessed any signs of any such movement, far from it being remotely popular. I would not be surprised at all if this article was just another desperate attempt at a half-baked cake made from thin air. The people up there are unprecedentedly nice. I have dinned with these people in their houses, I have spent days on mountain sides mid-winters cooked up in a tent with them, I've found many a friend up there but I've never found them wanting. These are honest folk who are as tough in their work as they are simple and soft in interaction. Their wishes seldom go beyond food, shelter, education and health for their children. The crime rate up there is extraordinarily low up there and these people are extremely accepting. Political turmoil, extremism, religious fanaticism (Google: Ismailis), ethnic strife, contrary to what many anonymous "writers" out there would make you believe, are virtually unheard of for the people living up there. These people are as Pakistani in action and spirit as am I. A brief talk on anything Pakistani will easily make it abundantly clear. A talk on the Pakistani army would be even more interesting. The only notable political demand that they have, which I might add is always conveyed too passively to bear any reasonable pressure on the government, is of being something more than just a 'federally administrated area', which is not unreasonable at all. And I believe there were positive talks going on within the government to give them a provincial status of sorts.

You don't have to take my word for any of this, you can ask any of the countless foreigners who've ever been up there. In fact I'll give you a start. Matt and Ty Gordon are two American brothers who once came to our North trying to find some awesome, never before discovered bouldering routes. What they found up there was what they fell in love with. And now its been more than 11 years, I think, since they've been living in Skardu. They live there with their wives and two little daughters (I think they are 3 and 4 years old now) and Justin, a friend of their's, visits them for months at times every year. They have quit a lot to say about Pakistan, in general, and Gilgit Baltistan, in specific. Go through their site. At least you'll love the pictures. Karakorum Climbing.com

Bharatis are very classic example of bhola and childish individuals.

Anything anti-Pakistan in the media (be it bharati or western) media must be taken seriously and you have to present 'good arguments' in order to show these are false. Calling these news propaganda is a conspiracy theory. But but, of course, anything anti-Bharat or anti-US/anti-WoT is a propaganda based on ulterior motives.

Completely devoid of any worthy knowledge of the ground realities in Afghanistan and Pakistan (besides what they hear in western and Bharati media), these guys act and pretend to be among the most knowledgeable analysts of the ground reality. Anyone with half a brain knows that these guys really are nothing more than your typical run of the mill internet keyboard warrior who can plays hardball on the internet. Even Americans and Europeans know this to be true about these guys.

On to the thread. In all my years traveling up, down and across our north I have never once witnessed any signs of any such movement, far from it being remotely popular. I would not be surprised at all if this article was just another desperate attempt at a half-baked cake made from thin air. The people up there are unprecedentedly nice. I have dinned with these people in their houses, I have spent days on mountain sides, mid-winters, cooked up in a tent with them, I've found many a friend up there but I've never found them wanting. These are honest folk who are as tough in their lives as they are simple and soft in their interaction. Their wishes seldom go beyond food, shelter, education and health for their children. The crime rate up there is extraordinarily low and these people are extremely accepting. Political turmoil, extremism, religious fanaticism (Google: Ismailis), ethnic strife, contrary to what some anonymous "writers" out there would have you believe, are virtually unheard of for the people living up there. These people are as Pakistani in action and spirit as am I. A brief talk on anything Pakistani will easily make it abundantly clear. A talk on the Pakistani army would be even more interesting. The only notable political demand that they have, which I might add is, sadly, always conveyed too passively to bear any reasonable pressure on the government, is of being something more than just a 'federally administrated area', which is not unreasonable at all. And I believe there were positive talks going on within the government to give them a provincial status of sorts.

So what is your point? AFAIK, GB is yet to be settled between India and Pakistan.

Met quite a few Gilgitis in Karachi and Lahore, and the funny thing is they are the most patriotic people in the country.

They literally beg the PA to let them go at the Indians. :lol:

And thats your definition of patriotism. May God save you.

^^^ Point in case.

If you people think you can comment on things on Indian part of Kashmir. We have the same right to comment on things on Pakistan held Kashmir.

one of my most frustrating experiences was meeting someone from Gilgit who was disheartened that Pakistan isn't pursuing the matter of Kashmir more aggressively than we currently are....all i could do is shrug casually and tell him to thank the government for moth-balling these issues

GB is the only pretty part of Pakistan now. Hope Pakistanis do not ruin it like SWAT.

Just to play the global policemen role. Poking in others affairs even when nothing substantial exists. Nothing new on part of Uncle Sam.

We all know how many reports have been published over the situation prevailing in occupied Kashmir. After getting sensitive over" insults" looks like you have switched to denial mode.

Fine. The historical and ground facts says othewise. But anyways fine for me.;)

No fear. We are just answering trolls of your country.

Denial mode??, I am as surprised as anyone to know that there is something called a "Balawaristan Freedom Struggle", which calls for support from other countries. I say it again I am not concerned about it in anyway. Whatever Krash described about that area rings a bell - it somewhat matches to Indian Kashmir, I spoke to Kashmiri Pandit's though who are bitter to have been evicted from their land.

Politically let's assume the Kashmiri's are calling for freedom then is it very remotely possible that they may want to liberate and unite Pak Kashmir and Indian Kashmir and form it into a country? - if you say "NO" then that might sound like denial mode.

Washington: After Balochistan, resentment is brewing up in Gilgit-Baltistan with the local representatives there calling on the US to support the right of self- determination of the people of the disputed region, saying that they are being oppressed by the Pakistan government.
Ok, the question is: How many people do they represent? Like the Hurriyat Conference in Kashmir, they are just a handful of blabbermouths who come out with such gems from time to time to ensure their continued relevance.

Nothing to see here...Move on! :smokin:

one of my most frustrating experiences was meeting someone from Gilgit who was disheartened that Pakistan isn't pursuing the matter of Kashmir more aggressively than we currently are....all i could do is shrug casually and tell him to thank the government for moth-balling these issues

I personally think Pakistan has much more pressing issues at this time including daily military attacks its facing in the form of drone missiles.. So tabling Kashmir for a later date is not a bad idea IMO

Bharatis are very classic example of bhola and childish individuals.

Anything anti-Pakistan in the media (be it bharati or western) media must be taken seriously and you have to present 'good arguments' in order to show these are false. Calling these news propaganda is a conspiracy theory. But but, of course, anything anti-Bharat or anti-US/anti-WoT is a propaganda based on ulterior motives.

I am sure your forefathers had similar thoughts prior to 1971

While I appreciate and agree with the Pakistani posters, we are missing the most important part of the OP: the American government is giving official importance to these troublemakers. With American backing, what may be a handful of troublemakers today will be nurtured and promoted into a full-fledged separatist movement tomorrow. India would be more than happy to lend a hand also.

There are always disgruntled troublemakers in any country; all it takes is concerted backing and support from 'interested parties' to help them grow. The challenge for Pakistan is to decide now: do we go another 60+ years with these bumbling feudals , complete with their misgovernance, corruption and support for extremism, or do we finally get serious about putting the country on the right track.

Because your ears are ringing and eyes are blind which don't see the inhuman treatement of dalits, sikhs, christians, muslims andd allother nminorities in india.

Why is it that from Sindh to Balochistan to PAK, there are now voices of dissent from all over Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom