What's new

Gilani disqualified as PM: SC

IMHO this decision by Supreme Court is not “Judicious”. Here I take the word judicious to mean sagacious.

I am not into the legal technicalities. As a simple person, my logic is also simple.
Supreme Court is not an elected body; its job is only to interpret the Constitution. Constitution on the other hand is made, amended and altered by the “legislature” which is elected and hence represents the people. In our case it is the National Assembly.

This action widens the schism between the Supreme Court and the Executive, which is not good for Pakistan. For heaven’s sake! Elections are only a few months away. Must you make a martyr out an incompetent and corrupt Prime Minister?

I am not fond of Gilani but I would have liked him to go thru Constitutional means (vote of no confidence).

I think that it is inherently wrong for a non-elected bunch of judges to disqualify an elected Prime Minister. Like all institutions of the State of Pakistan, Supreme Court has exceeded their authority in this case.

It is clear that Supreme Court, especially the Chief Justice, is biased and partial towards PML-N. I think it is about time the CJ should resign.

This action widens the schism between the Supreme Court and the Executive, which is not good for Pakistan. For heaven’s sake! Elections are only a few months away. ..................

Not only that, the behind-the-scenes shenanigans of the military in engineering and guiding this judicial coup cloaked as a victory for the rule of law will come back to the long term detriment of Pakistan, as has happened in the past too.

Not only that, the behind-the-scenes shenanigans of the military in engineering and guiding this judicial coup cloaked as a victory for the rule of law will come back to the long term detriment of Pakistan, as has happened in the past too.

And people say Pakistanis believe in conspiracy theories.
Everything that happened, happened lawfully.
The SC did not go out looking for a fight and in fact was very lenient to the PM. It even gave him 6 options.
The PM thought he was above the law and thus was convicted for contempt.

No army boogieman here guys :coffee:

right now Britain has become sanctuary of all those criminals and corrupts who have committed different crimes in their home countries and can be of any use for Britain in return of being defended there. everyone knows about people like Gilani and Musharraf on whom there are many criminal and corruption cases, but in reality, if the world do full investigation in Britain, AUstralia, US, Canada then we will find at least over 1 million criminals and corrupts being kept there by these western democratic governments, to use them against their home countries, for a bright future of their under high school passed people. i think one day this Zardari will also finally move to Britain :coffee:
Sources told saach.tv Tuesday that family members of Yousaf Gilani started moving to United Kingdom two days ago in anticipation of his disqualification by the country’s Supreme Court.

Two of Gilani’s sons, Ali Musa Gilani and Abdul Qadir Gilani, have been accused of being allegedly involved in mega corruption scandals recently taken up by the Supreme Court.

On April 26, the apex court convicted the then Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani over contempt charges for refusing to ask Swiss authorities to reopen graft cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.

Gilani's family moves to London: Sources | Saach TV

I hope Kyani heads a coup, arrests and Zardiari, etc for theft and spreading corruption in the land. And rules the country. No non-military ruler has EVER had a good impact on the country.

GO Musharraf!

IMHO this decision by Supreme Court is not “Judicious”. Here I take the word judicious to mean sagacious.

I am not into the legal technicalities. As a simple person, my logic is also simple.
Supreme Court is not an elected body; its job is only to interpret the Constitution. Constitution on the other hand is made, amended and altered by the “legislature” which is elected and hence represents the people. In our case it is the National Assembly.

This action widens the schism between the Supreme Court and the Executive, which is not good for Pakistan. For heaven’s sake! Elections are only a few months away. Must you make a martyr out an incompetent and corrupt Prime Minister?

I am not fond of Gilani but I would have liked him to go thru Constitutional means (vote of no confidence).

I think that it is inherently wrong for a non-elected bunch of judges to disqualify an elected Prime Minister. Like all institutions of the State of Pakistan, Supreme Court has exceeded their authority in this case.

It is clear that Supreme Court, especially the Chief Justice, is biased and partial towards PML-N. I think it is about time the CJ should resign.

This is ridiculously sad coming from a 'think tank'. I guess status and seniority mean nothing when it comes to reasoning n intellect.

If a first world most advanced country like Japan can call for elections 7 times in the last 10 years or so, not due to corruption scandals, but poor performance, why should Pak people have to suffer treacherous leaders for 5 consecutive years?

Wouldn't that embolden and give hopes to nefariously corrupt people that they can now become PM for 5 years unquestionably?

What if majority parlimentarians turn out to be the bad guys who support this current corrupt regime?

Even though the Noon leaguers have their own corruption, but the scale in which PPP leadership has been involved during the 4 years is unprecedented in the history of Pak, and far outweighs the corruption of all other parties combined figuratively speaking.

Supreme Court has played their cards right. First they disgraced the PM, then fired him. I hope cases are brought up against Gilani and Zardari before they can leave the country.

I dont think supreme court should be able to decide whether he can remain PM or not.
Unless there is specific provision/qualification for a PM which he breached(say age).

This starts a dangerous precendence for a democratic country.

Article 63 1 g was invoked it when he became a convict, a convict may not be member of Parliament for 5 year since the date of conviction. He wasn't removed as PM, he was removed as member of parliament, which in turn means he was removed as PM.

A crime was committed the legislation made by the lawmakers states a convicted person may not be a member of parliament. You certainly cannot ask the 'bunch of judges' to give a pass to a criminal.

The action was against the individual, Gilani. The new PM can come, no issue.

No one has wrested power from the PPP. A crime was committed by one of their men, and the established SOP kicked in. You have no proof, no one serious really alleges that Kayani had any hand in this either.

SC sab ki baja raha hai, military included. Why do you think the military's man MR suddenly jumped into the scene?

Yes we got rid of PM Gillani but now more important question is who will be next PM only that person will come in front who is ready to sacrifice his political career for next 5 years because who ever will be next PM SC will ask him to write letter to Swiss courts and if they he or she will not write letter than he or she will also be thrown out with 5 year ban

its very simple..unlike president the PM doesn't has immunity..so if he is convicted, he has to leave his post, as in constitution, a convicted person cannot hold the parliament post.

now, i dont know how difficult this is that people like you dont understand it.

i was disappointed for reason that PM should have resigned himself.

the reason for not doing so is that PPPP thinks its voter bank is completely idiot and whatever they do it wouldnt matter...all they need is to chant "jiya bhutto"

Back
Top Bottom