What's new

GHQ Check-Post Attackers Killed - Hostages Rescued!

In short i would agree with Bezerki and Umer that the aim of the attack was not exactly to 'go inside and get hold of the COAS' but to stir up the things, show the vulnerability of the armed forces, malign our security setup, punch the military in the face by showing the world that hey look we can even screw your HQ, and may be to divert attention towards 'internal' security as oppsoed to external actions.

Great that their azzes were kicked in time and were sent to eat dust right where they poped out.

Yeh i also passes through the same road to my office whenever i visit Pindi. Infact from infront of the GHQ. The problem is now more tough security measures will create problems for the people :(

GHQ is heart of army , we need to protect and safe guard it on top periority, any how we need to make comprehensive and long term plan to protect GHQ from any future attack.

Better solution is to move GHQ to Terbela which is isolated and safe place .

Yeah, there's no way in hell a few scumbags with a couple of automatic weapons could breach the GHQ security. I've been in and out of GHQ several times and there's no way that a couple of terrorists could reach the main building. The armed checkposts and guard towers are impossible to tackle. As I said earlier, circle after circle, you would have to face heavy mobilizations and patrol vehicles.

The security for the past few years has been so tight that even Brigadiers and Generals are searched before they enter the compound. This was a psychological attack on our command center in order to show some sort of a "Vulnerability" of our sensitive locations. These bastards only made it to the first check post and they were shown the way out with fierce retaliation. I hope the media keeps reporting this incident sensibly or else the garbage international media would raise a new "Concern" against Pakistan.

Hey did someone listen this:

A Police officer (keeping the anonymity thingy) says that they had that much of weaponry that they could have fought for 5 hours..!!

But the it would have been useless, the Army would have landed its wrath on then within minutes, as already done and their 5-hour-long-weapons would have laid dead like themselves!

Two sons of devil still hidden in compund of GHQ near Check Post 2. Forces have sorrounded those bastards and ready to ****'em.

Meanwhile, in Islamabad, near Rawat Islamabad Police has spotted an house from where a number of Army uniforms and ammunition has been recovered. WFO and GHQ attack seem inter-related.

KIT Over n Out

Hey did someone listen this:

A Police officer (keeping the anonymity thingy) says that they had that much of weaponry that they could have fought for 5 hours..!!

But the it would have been useless, the Army would have landed its wrath on then within minutes, as already done and their 5-hour-long-weapons would have laid dead like themselves!

No surprise.... You must have not forgotten I am sure the Liberty Market attack. They also had that much ammunition.

KIT Over

Lolzz.. Bezerki i like the 'drama' thing...!!!

No doubt the masterminds calculate everything...some more Star Plus!

In short i would agree with Bezerki and Umer that the aim of the attack was not exactly to 'go inside and get hold of the COAS' but to stir up the things, show the vulnerability of the armed forces, malign our security setup, punch the military in the face by showing the world that hey look we can even screw your HQ, and may be to divert attention towards 'internal' security as oppsoed to external actions.

Great that their azzes were kicked in time and were sent to eat dust right where they poped out.

Thats what i have been saying all these hours that there is no way they can damage GHQ or even any other such military installation but it was only an attempt to get attention the world over.

Its of common sense that any attack on such a sensitive army set up is going to get the terrorists worldwide attention.

But anyway its also clear that when the entire nation is against the anti-Pakistan Kerry Lugar Bill and when Pakistan army has clearly rejected it and when Pakistanis came to know about presence of Blackwater and their anti-Pakistan activities, we are gifited with these attacks otherwise after killling of Mehsud and Hakimullah and other such scums, these TTP people were too much broken.

There is no way they doing it without help of outsiders.

Thats what i have been saying all these hours that there is no way they can damage GHQ or even any other such military installation but it was only an attempt to get attention the world over.

Its of common sense that any attack on such a sensitive army set up is going to get the terrorists worldwide attention.

But anyway its also clear that when the entire nation is against the anti-Pakistan Kerry Lugar Bill and when Pakistan army has clearly rejected it and when Pakistanis came to know about presence of Blackwater and their anti-Pakistan activities, we are gifited with these attacks otherwise after killling of Mehsud and Hakimullah and other such scums, these TTP people were too much broken.

I dont think US is involved in these attacks , but there is possibility jiala's of PPP planned it to creat panic and terror in army, public and opposition not to oppose KRB .

Exactly,at a time when TTP knows that Army is getting ready to rock n roll in Waziristan they must have been strenghtening their area despite of attacking and wasting their man-power, resources and above all providing Govt. and Army an open chance and reason to attack them. It can not be said an attempt to delay or prevent attack on Waziristan because due to such attacks the reason on attacking Waziristan would increase rather than decrease.

Its time to inquire things logically instead of emotionally. Help from outside or inside, people from outside or inside everything should be checked and inquired and brought in front of the nation.

KIT Over

I dont think US is involved in these attacks , but there is possibility jiala's of PPP plan it to creat panic and terror in army, public and opposition not to oppose KRB .

And to give strong army a chance to throw PPPP govt. away??? Not a possibility bro. At this time when democracy is being supported by all PPP can not do such attacks and even otherwise they havnt got such courage. Al-Zulfiqar is no more.

And how can they terrorize other political parties who have taken a stance against KLB? Because army alone is not criticizing KLB many others are also.

KIT Over n Out

Media Assault is underway...

10 killed in gunbattle at Pakistan’s army HQ

Brazen assault on compound is country’s 3rd major attack in a week

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Gunmen wearing military uniforms and wielding assault rifles and grenades attacked Pakistan's army headquarters Saturday, sparking a ferocious gunbattle that killed four of the assailants, two senior officers and four other soldiers, authorities said.

Two of the attackers managed to infiltrate the heavily fortified compound in the garrison city of Rawalpindi, and troops were trying to flush them out hours after the initial assault, the military said. An Associated Press reporter at the scene heard four gunshots from inside the compound — long after an army spokesman said the situation was under control.

The audacious assault was the third major militant attack in Pakistan in a week and came as the government said it was planning an imminent offensive against Islamist militants in their strongholds in the rugged mountains along the border with Afghanistan.
The incident showed that the militants retain the ability to strike at the very heart of Pakistan's security apparatus despite recent military operations against their forces and the killing of Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud in a CIA drone attack in August.

'No other option'
Pakistani media said the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, and Interior Minister Rehman Malik said the ongoing assaults strengthened the government's resolve to launch the offensive.

"We have been left no other option except to go ahead to face them," he told Dawn television.

Militants regularly attack army bases across the country and bombed a checkpoint the outside army compound two years ago.

The attack Saturday began shortly before noon when the gunmen, dressed in camouflage military uniforms, drove in a white van up to the army compound and tried to force their way inside, army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas said.

The assailants shot at the guards at one checkpoint, killing some of them, and then jumped out of the van and ran toward a second checkpoint, he said. Abbas said the guards were likely confused by the attackers' uniforms.

The heavily armed attackers then took up positions throughout the area, hurling at least one grenade and firing sporadically at security forces, said a senior military official inside the compound. The official, who said top army officials were trapped in the compound during the assault, spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
After a 45-minute gunfight, four of the attackers were killed, said Abbas, who told the private Geo news television channel the assault over and the situation "under full control."

But more than an hour later, gunshots rang out from the compound, and Abbas confirmed that two more gunmen had eluded security forces and slipped into the headquarters compound in Rawalpindi. The city, adjacent to the capital of Islamabad, is filled with security checkpoints and police roadblocks.

Troops were closing in on the men, he said.

Abbas said six troops were killed and five wounded, one critically. Those killed including a brigadier and a lieutenant colonel, according to a military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

'Fierce firing'
Khan Bahadur, a shuttle van driver, was standing outside the gate of the compound when the white van pulled up, and shooting erupted.

"There was fierce firing, and then there was a blast. Soldiers were running here and there," he said. "The firing continued for about a half-hour. There was smoke everywhere. Then there was a break, and then firing again."

The gunbattle was the third major attack in major cities in recent days, following a car bombing that killed 49 on Friday in the northwestern city of Peshawar and the bombing of a U.N. aid agency Monday that killed five in Islamabad. The man who attacked the U.N. was also wearing a security forces' uniform and was granted entry to the compound after asking to use the bathroom.

The attack appeared to be a message to the army that the militants intend to ramp up their strikes across the country in response to the government's planned offensive against Taliban strongholds in the border region of South Waziristan.

Pakistan vowed Friday to launch the new offensive in the wake of the massive Peshawar bombing.

The United States has been pushing Pakistan to take strong action against insurgents using its soil as a base for attacks in Afghanistan. The assault could be risky for the army, which was beaten back on three previous offensives into the Taliban heartland.

But the army may have been emboldened by its successes against the militants in the Swat Valley and by the killing of Mehsud.

10 killed in gunfight at Pakistan?s army HQ - Pakistan - msnbc.com

Guys R. Malik's exclusive interview on ARY news

Yeah yeah... the same duhai..... It was not a security lapse. It is impossible to search everyone.......... We had the news of incoming terrorists......... We will destory each and every terrorist........... I have made an inquiry committee.

What else he can say or do?

KIT Over

Back
Top Bottom