What's new

Gen.Kayani To Visit Russia This Month

Why Indians have back on fire when it comes to thawing relations between Pakistan and Russia?

You Indians can have all the toys you want from Russia. How does that affect the relationship they are going to have with Pakistan?

All the events going on are in Afghanistan. India has been trying very hard to be relevant. It is Pakistan that shares culture, history, ethnicity and longest border with Afghanistan and not India. So naturally Pakistan has more relevance and importance than India could ever imagine.

Why is it that Americans ask Pakistan to coerce Taliban into negotiations?If India is such a big power in the region, why it is not pulling all strings in the Afghan game?

Improving relations does not translate into buying wepaons from Russia. And this notion that you Indians have that you are supporting Russian defence industry is as absurd as Indians can get. Russia is a huge country. It has stakes from Europe to Asia whereas India is just trying hard to stay relevant in the region.

The difference between Pakistan and India is that India is benefiting with the presence of foreign troops in Afghanistan. Pakistan does not need to have that presence of troops there. It can still have a significant and relevant presence and say in the region when it comes to Afghanistan.

The unfortunate part is that Pak is forever attempting to make itself relevant by ' offering ' itself in terms of its resources, location or services.

It loses its relevance when any of these ' assets ' loose their sheen with time or the user finds an alternative etc.

A nation must have more to offer than just its physical self / attributes.

ok what are we going to get back in return.. i think its their technical services in our projects,.. so wats wrong in that.. services for services... our will help them financially and their's will help us technically....

Obviously KGB Still have their stooges in parliament

See,i will keep this post away from paksitan and focus on indo -china only...

1)SCO is just like saarc which is just tea-biscuit organization till now..and its is initial level so dont expect much from it...
Members can go away from it too and A-stan under U.S leadership have applied for it membership :lol:
and until U.S in in A-stan,Ur CAR security is zero...

2)Russia deals with U.S alone and they dont need you...Did they ask u while providing bases for nato for A-stan? ...
Only u need them more...China is away for atleast 15 yrs from present russian dominance all over world...economy is not every thing...and how much russian economy is strong? but many countries bow in front of russia...

3) Russia alone can veto any resolution..so again dont try to get points by gathering veto with russia..
Soviets did use their veto for india too...when no body was with us..

4)yes,They have huge oil resources and no doubt it can be their major export and they are trying to transport oil to europe in whole...

5)I dint say russia-india trade a lot...even our trade with U.S is nothing compared to china-U.S but still U.S is pitting us against you...so think about reality..

6)It will simply ruin their defense industry upto most...as i said that our funding in 5th gen fighter is more than 35 billion and leave the weapons etc..so this project will alone go above 50 billions.. :wave: and even mig-29 n other fighters like mig -35 are produced just for india...how many countries uses mig-29? and their advanced versions? ...

7)China cant and Russia wont give you...you already stabbed dem in back by making fake copies and hiring their engineers during soviet fall and just tell me why russia will let china to be stronger than it? ...
Will U.S let israel stronger than it? ..no...even they exchange every thing. :lol: ...and u have eaten their market to much extent...so ask this to u :wave:

8)I m writing again that russia dont need u much but reverse is not true...u r taking baby steps in having influence over the world...

and lemme tell you...

russia too wants same thing from india which U.S expects?? wat?... using india against china... :wave:

Why russia will let u to be more stronger economically n militarily? answer me..

why u shud not be their stooge? ..and who is the counter force here? ..i.e india...

and whne paksitan comes in equation,every thing goes in gutter then wrt russia coz U.S have a lot to offer to russia then pakistan can even imagine in next 100 yrs...

LOL I think those KGB articles were well worth it.

You just don't get it do you? No one wants anyone stronger besides themselves, period.

Does Russian wants India to be stronger than themselves? Please tell me they do.

China will be stronger than Russia, and Russians know it. There aren't alot they can do to stop it, thus they don't have to let it, and they go the other way by cooperating with China. Does Israel have an economy 4 times the US economy? let me check. Economy isn't everything, right. by all means, the way India is going, it sure looks that way.

AS for SCO, sure members can quit, but have they? they quit and then go where? join NATO and embrace the mighty US missile defense? Sure Russian is gonna have no problem with that. aside from the comment made for Puttin's election. Yeah they gonna be best friends.

Russian arms TOT to India is so great, China can not even come close, thus they gave you a FREE carrier, delivered in such a SHORT period, can't even imagine Russian give us such a deal. :cheers:

Russian is so mighty strong, countries bow down to her all the time. you know, country like India for example.

Transport oil to Europe? lol, please do some map checking, they have no closer oil supply right? yet they are not even that big of a consumer for oil compared to China.

If India wants to be a major player. It has to think like a major player. not some scared kid wants to buy guns because hes getting picked on all the time.

Pakistani politicians are way smarter, they know their cards. they don't pay billions instead they get paid billions. it is unique in the way that it is also the leader the of Muslim world. they have loyalty, they think independently. India better learn fast.

Easier said than done, what Russia and Pakistan can do max at this moment of time is shake hands, exchange smiles and nothing else, allies/friends is a very long way to go

unlike Indian chief, Pakistani chief is a busy man running a country and when he goes somewhere there is a purpose and reason behind it. he is not going there for photo ops

What can Pakistan offer to Russia ?? Seriously :hitwall:

Its funny an India asking that question, what did india offer Russia in last 60 years??????

unlike Indian chief, Pakistani chief is a busy man running a country and when he goes somewhere there is a purpose and reason behind it. he is not going there for photo ops

Like seeking refuge a la Musharraf? Can't think of a better purpose and reason.

Its funny an India asking that question, what did india offer Russia in last 60 years??????

Raj Kapoor methinks. And money. Lots of it.

I think its realignment of country just before 3rd world war,see every country is busy buying arms even if they can't afford it.so its very dangerous to our country, if russia see us only arms buyer than its problem for us,pakistan already have very good relationship with china and now with russia .We need good policy towards our neighbor ,its seems everybody is mad with us .:hitwall:

What can Pakistan offer to Russia ?? Seriously :hitwall:

Go to another thread about Pakistan buying MI-35's on this forum. I've provided a detailed analysis of this situation not too long ago. Just like I predicted, it is working out in that manner and it'll keep going in that direction in the future. This situation is bound to build a coalition

Along with military hardware, Pakistan can also get help from Russia to revive steel mill, which was made in assistance from USSR. US had it's reservations and tried to link it to nukes, but Russia doesn't have any concerns like that. Then gas and oil from the RUssian fields can also be a probability, considering we don't want to get sanctioned if we go with Iran pipeline (looks that this project is still alive and kicking though).

Russia can be provided a link to Gwadar.

Along with military hardware, Pakistan can also get help from Russia to revive steel mill, which was made in assistance from USSR. US had it's reservations and tried to link it to nukes, but Russia doesn't have any concerns like that. Then gas and oil from the RUssian fields can also be a probability, considering we don't want to get sanctioned if we go with Iran pipeline (looks that this project is still alive and kicking though).

Russia can be provided a link to Gwadar.

Russia spends XX billion dollars ($ currency for reference only) on Pakistan

Pakistan provides YY billions dollars in cash and ZZ billion dollars in services/raw materials/products.

Anyone who is jumping up and down on the news should provide the values for XX, YY, and ZZ dollars.

No need to wave hands in the air.

peace

Bilateral trade is less than 1 percent for each of the two countries compared to overall trade, with a total bilateral figure of about $400 million annually (all figures approximate).

@Francis.

They will offer them the most valuable thing. Access to Middle East, Africa, Arabian Sea. So actually Russia will have more benefits.
Exactly! I've been wondering, why logic defies rest of the membership here? :blink:

Back
Top Bottom