What's new

GAZAL-1 The first Saudi Made car

e4e37e0e9e.jpg

da58f234f4.jpg

16c724850a.jpg

23d72b77e0.jpg

7cad32b878.jpg

All I can say is good job, by the saudis.

A step in the right direction economically. But to move into the export market, considering high international oil prices, the vehicles will need to be fuel effeicient and not petrol guzzlers.
I think the indians have done well in this field and will also see the fruits of this in the future. Some of their vehicles are not bad at all. Though one thing they did well was to buy out proven and known companies like range rover, which in effect would be a great learning kerb and tech boost for them.
The saudis do have money, hence taking over a company like range rover may have been a good strategy for a long term automobile industry development. They should go for joint venture developments, with the japs or germans.

The KSU Gazal-1 is based on the long-wheeled Mercedes-Benz G 500 AMG and was designed by Studiotorino. The model is manufactured in a production of 20,000 units annually. Most of the automotive parts are produced by Magna Steyr in Austria. The assembly of the vehicle is made at the assembly plant of MAN Truck & Bus in Jeddah.

Manufacturer Magna Steyr & KSU

are you guys for ******* real?
how is this even remotely significant?

The KSU Gazal-1 is based on the long-wheeled Mercedes-Benz G 500 AMG and was designed by Studiotorino. Most of the automotive parts are produced by Magna Steyr in Austria. The assembly of the vehicle is made at the assembly plant of MAN Truck & Bus in Jeddah.

The KSU Gazal-1 is based on the long-wheeled Mercedes-Benz G 500 AMG and was designed by Studiotorino. The model is manufactured in a production of 20,000 units annually. Most of the automotive parts are produced by Magna Steyr in Austria. The assembly of the vehicle is made at the assembly plant of MAN Truck & Bus in Jeddah.

Manufacturer Magna Steyr & KSU

are you guys for ******* real?
how is this even remotely significant?

This car was designed by students who slaved over it for years. They have manually made parts by their own hands and even got 13 patents for it. The Austrian company was contacted to provide designing equipment they did not "design" it themselves. The students who put their hearts and souls into it will probably spit in your face if they read your comment.

Then again I am probably expecting too much out of an Iranian to shoe some respect.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

mmm...Gazal looks a bit too flashy for me :D

But the Aseelah looks good. Bears some resemblance to the Proton Persona though...
http://images.paultan.org/images2/Proton-Persona-SE-1-Large.jpg
http://images.paultan.org/images/Proton_New_Sedan_Persona/Proton_Persona_2.jpg

The students who made Aseelah were sent to learn car manufacturing in Malaysia.

This car was designed by students who slaved over it for years. They have manually made parts by their own hands and even got 13 patents for it. The Austrian company was contacted to provide designing equipment they did not "design" it themselves. The students who put their hearts and souls into it will probably spit in your face if they read your comment.

Then again I am probably expecting too much out of an Iranian to shoe some respect.
nice spelling and even a nicer story
this car was designed in Studioturino and Magna Steyr is manufacturing it (almost all the parts are being manufactured in Austria). You guys don't even have Saudi workers in the assembly plant.

The problem with anything made in Saudi is that it won't actually be made by Saudis, it will be made by Indians and Pakistanis.
All the gulf countries need to stop subsidizing its people and have a normal society with a middle class that has to earn its money, and not just get money from the government.

All the best and hopefully they can become a high tech society like Germany and Japan.

nice spelling and even a nicer story
this car was designed in Studioturino and Magna Steyr is manufacturing it (almost all the parts are being manufactured in Austria). You guys don't even have Saudi workers in the assembly plant.

And your information is taken from Wikipedia right??

Sheikh Al-Amoudi’s MIDROC becomes third investor for Saudi car manufacturing project | King Saud University - News Portal

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Dont offended but i think this is one of the ugliest thing that i have ever seen !!!

A lot of people share your thoughts lol. If it was a foreign made car I wouldn't even think about buying it but this is the first of many Inshallah.

The problem with anything made in Saudi is that it won't actually be made by Saudis, it will be made by Indians and Pakistanis.
All the gulf countries need to stop subsidizing its people and have a normal society with a middle class that has to earn its money, and not just get money from the government.

All the best and hopefully they can become a high tech society like Germany and Japan.

We have about 20 technical colleges with thousands listed on them. Anyone who does not score a good grade goes to study there these colleges train students on factory working. we have many many graduates of these schools but not enough factories to work them in.

The main problem why Pakistanis and Indians working in such places is because they charge less than Saudis since their countries are cheaper while here they want to open a house and a thousand or a thousand 500 riyal pay simply won't cut it so companies do not hire Saudis AT ALL because they rather pay someone who will get the same job done for less.

Back
Top Bottom