What's new

GAZAL-1 The first Saudi Made car

i dont care if u ara a sunni and cheetah is a shia that no way of introducing ur self as baboons that he is baboon ia ma chimp
for all i knowu are both muslims u got any prob with that any how come with a counter claim instead of personal comments also u were the reason why i really started looking at the arabs with a different style and one other arab guy who readin comsats isl and know u are ruining it all for me iranians or arabs one thing is sure they are more bloody fools then the bozo then self atleasts that how they portray them self on this forum even if that notthe case

you are right I am sorry but I got bit emotional. Us Saudis are working very hard to change this image the world has of us but the Iranian Abii here is really making me lose my temper with his more than successful trolling attempts. I find it amazing how even though Abii is not a Muslims at all the Shias in this forum are idolizing him simple because he is Iranian.

On topic About our car industry I will put up a detailed thread in this section of the forum of our accomplishments this year.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

The car's design got a retro feeling, gives it a bit royal touch. Loved the design.

They could have done better with the headlights and interiors.

Bdw, what's its price?

From 50-75 thousand Riyals thats like around 13 to 20 thousand dollars.

He has a history of condescending comments targeted at me simply because of my Race and where I live.

Assalam alaikum

ur forefathers to to be blamed coz they spread islam and destroyed persian empire u gonna for that

btw i also got warning coz i told abii he is not a muslim why he is trying to ignite a shia sunni fight ( strange in this forum non muslims can try to make rift among muslims bash muslim but we can't tell them to not to do it )

and cry all the time why our govt. don't stand for its ppl and country.

TARIQ

From 50-75 thousand Riyals thats like around 13 to 20 thousand dollars.

I wish vehicles were this cheap in Pakistan... we have to pay like 400 times more tax!

A simple 1300 cc corolla costs around 18000+ dollars!

What happens when a king asks students at his university to build an off-road vehicle for him? A Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen rebodied to look like a super-sized Mahindra, from the look of the KSU Gazal-1 (named for the local gazelles that bound across the Saudi landscape). Developed with assistance from Magna-Steyr (the company that assembles the G-Class in Austria), the students at King Saud University were tasked with “combining a natural ability for extreme off-road driving with comfortable urban and suburban road use.”

After selecting the G-Wagen as the basis, the students were allowed total freedom to redesign the entire bodywork, but according to the press materials, they decided to avoid “fashionable trends in favor of a timeless style.” All righty, then. The bodywork is said to be made of carbon fiber, but the representative says that after necessary reinforcements it weighs the same as the original steel G550. One of the goals was to “promote the culture of the auto industry and train young engineers.” We’re not convinced this project has instilled all the right lessons...

Read more: King Saud University Gazal-1 Based on Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen - Auto Show News - Truck Trend

Yeah as suspected its a Mercedes with lipstick on.:lol:

And how many Pakistani world class cars does Pakistan manufacture.

I mean "Pakistani", not assembly plants of foreign manufacturers in Pakistan.

Good! I am glad to see that Saudia-Arabia has some manufacturing capability other than just producing oil. I am just saddend to hear that the engine was not locally produced.

I really liked the info on the manufacturing Robot being designed and built in Saudi Arabia which shows how advanced our capabilities in Industry has reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a vocal critic of the saudi regime because of their idiotic sense of relying on monetary wealth rather than intellectual wealth since the 70's. Things seem to be changing and if they decide today to make a paperclip in their country, for me that's a huge win. Self reliance does not happen in a few years, its a carefully thought out process which needs the sacrifices of generations in some cases.

I have been a vocal critic of the saudi regime because of their idiotic sense of relying on monetary wealth rather than intellectual wealth since the 70's. Things seem to be changing and if they decide today to make a paperclip in their country, for me that's a huge win. Self reliance does not happen in a few years, its a carefully thought out process which needs the sacrifices of generations in some cases.

Then where have you been living this past decade?? With non-Oil economy growing by a factor of 1500% this past 10 years with dependence on Oil reduced from 92% to 77% in 2011. That while counting the huge increase in Oil price as well.

For eight years i have seen Bangalis Working As Cashiers and trolley Man But yesterday i saw saudi Putting stuff for me in Our Trolley At the Mall. When Saudis will start working as cleaners too they will change.

Back
Top Bottom