What's new

GAZAL-1 The first Saudi Made car

Looks promising.

Whats the specs? Can it compete with US/Japanese SUVs.

It is made to compete with German/British SUVs infact. The Land/Range rovers and the Mercedes and BMWs SUVs were set as the competing platform in its early phases of design.

As for the Specs it was not released as of yet. But the moment they do I will post them here. (It has the same engine as the G-class Mercedes you can frame specs around that)

It is made to compete with German/British SUVs infact. The Land/Range rovers and the Mercedes and BMWs SUVs were set as the competing platform in its early phases of design.

As for the Specs it was not released as of yet. But the moment they do I will post them here. (It has the same engine as the G-class Mercedes you can frame specs around that)

So you are targeting the luxury SUV segment, but it would have been better if this SUV targeted first the normal SUV market(dominated by US/Japanese SUVs) and then went for luxury segment. Anyways I request you to leave Range Rover alone. Let the TATAs make some money :azn:

So you are targeting the luxury SUV segment, but it would have been better if this SUV targeted first the normal SUV market(dominated by US/Japanese SUVs) and then went for luxury segment. Anyways I request you to leave Range Rover alone. Let the TATAs make some money :azn:

The luxury market in performance. In price it would be around 50-60 thousand ryals about 13-16 thousand dollars So in price it will compete with the US/Japanese market as well. But that would be the price here in KSA don't know what the export price is going to be probably depend on entrance Tax and all.

Not bad at all, the headlights look a bit out of place though.

Strange looking car, but it's the first and Saudis are doing something many dont. So congrats on this achievement.

2012-land-rover-lrx.jpg

Go for the slick look for the next generation.

I would very much buy it once it hits the UAE market. If it wont come to UAE market, I may think of going to KSA to buy one :)

Strange looking car, but it's the first and Saudis are doing something many dont. So congrats on this achievement.

2012-land-rover-lrx.jpg

I am not a big fan of the design to be honest but the design was inspired by the Toyota FJ Cruiser a very popular car in Riyadh but not so much in the western region where I live.

However I think the Gazal line followed by the other car made in Saudi Arabia Assela future line looks promising

This is the Aseela Car it was show cased after Gazal so not much publicity for it
333.jpg

and this is how they designed it
222.jpg

aseela2.jpg

3.jpg

kacst-aseelah-010_85_cw100_ch100_thumb.jpg

Another color for Gazal-1 I think it looks better than the light green but on bar with the Dark green.
Picture-190.png

2012-land-rover-lrx.jpg

Is this prototype or production model.

Sheikh Al-Amoudi’s MIDROC becomes third investor for Saudi car manufacturing project*|*King Saud University – News Portal

The car manufacturing plant for this car is under construction as we speak.

http://www.saudinewstoday.com/article/17383__Saudi+desert+car+Gazal-1+to+go+into+production

"Using the platform of the Mercedes G model and the G500 V8 engine with an output of 388 hp, the body was, however, completely redesigned, taking some inspiration from the American Jeep with a huge front grille and a lot of ground clearance.

Wider wheel arches were made to create space for 22-inch alloys with 305/35 tyres to the rear and 285/40 wheels in the front. Fuel consumption was of secondary importance with the designers listing average consumption at 14.8 litres. Acceleration from zero to 100 km/h is 6.1 seconds and the top speed a good 210 km/h despite the weight of 2.4 tonnes."

A remarkable achievement.

Our domestic cars aren't strong either, and we need to keep working hard as well.

Congratulations for the feat...
Hope it also succeed , where 90% of new products fails...Marketing.

Back
Top Bottom