What's new

Friends and Enemies earned by India and China

The OP seems to confuse friendship with being a client state. After fighting so hard for independence, Gandhi must be rolling in his grave at seeing his countrymen tricked once again into bondage. Fool you once, shame on the imperial powers, fool you twice and the world's pity will have run out.

China.....India....evil everywhere.....! Both evil nations!! :lol:

Guys seriously, the Cold War is over.

@OP, if the US + Japan are enemies of China, then how is it that they trade? Both countries source many of their production operations in China.

Indian and Chinese trade are worth billions.

I would say that they have some disputes. Nothing too major or anything. And of-course, every country have their own interests.

If you were to ask me which countries qualify as enemies, it'd certainly be Iran vs. United States. Those guys just don't get along at all :lol:

India vs. Pakistan? Not as intense as the old days :no:

And yes, my country is currently a stooge. Don't ask me toward which country.

The OP seems to confuse friendship with being a client state. After fighting so hard for independence, Gandhi must be rolling in his grave at seeing his countrymen tricked once again into bondage. Fool you once, shame on the imperial powers, fool you twice and the world's pity will have run out.

And what about your countrymen slaving it out in the sweat shops? Who are they enslaved by? Your own ruling elite. Mao must be rolling in his grave too. I mean chinese establishment is shutting down Maoist websites these days :lol:

Too bad for you geopolitics doesn't work with rhetoric such as this, oh slave, oh bondage, oh stooge. India will do whatever it needs to fend off the bully PRC. If aligning with western powers is needed then so be it.

Whoa, just because the truth hurts doesn't mean you can distort terminology like that. The bondage I'm talking about is obviously in the geopolitical arena, and that bondage is a hard fact. It has nothing to do with domestic working conditions. After all, Victorian Britain, the superpower of its era, was famed for its child labor and oppressive working conditions, something social commentators like Charles Dickens would lament in many works of literature. It didn't stop Britain from sailing halfway across the world to enslave India and smack down China, among many other Asian victims. One country learned its lesson, the other suffers from a debilitating concoction of nostalgia and Stockholm syndrome.

China.....India....evil everywhere.....! Both evil nations!! :lol:

Guys seriously, the Cold War is over.

@OP, if the US + Japan are enemies of China, then how is it that they trade? Both countries source many of their production operations in China.

Indian and Chinese trade are worth billions.

I would say that they have some disputes. Nothing too major or anything. And of-course, every country have their own interests.

If you were to ask me which countries qualify as enemies, it'd certainly be Iran vs. United States. Those guys just don't get along at all :lol:

India vs. Pakistan? Not as intense as the old days :no:

And yes, my country is currently a stooge. Don't ask me toward which country.

:lol:
Actually Bangladesh is currently neutral and up for grabs, but currently Bangladesh chess piece is not yet a major part in the grander chess game. America has India under control, china got Pakistan under control. Sri Lanka is being becoming an important chess piece, I would say china currently has the upper hand on Sri Lanka over america.
Obviously Japan, south Korea, Australia, Philippines, etc are all under American control.
Vietnam is going towards America although if the Chinese leaders are smart we could salvage vietnam.
But most interesting is Myanmar, they are Chinese control but America has decided its a key chess piece in containing china and so it's made it's move in Myanmar.
Syria and Iran are under china/Russia control.
Libya unfortunately was lost and is now under American control.

I think America is very happy it got the Indian chess piece under its control, that was a big geopolitical win for America. America lost Pakistan.

Georgia is under America control. Belarus under Russian control. Ukraine is an interesting one, not too sure about them.

I think Africa is where the major chess moves will be played.

America knows its got to contain china's rise before America loses everything. Chinese leaders must be smart, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand key to this. Indonesia is probably the biggest one in southeast Asia that is currently being played. Chinese leaders must get indonesia under control.
America has more resources to buy client states using economic, financial, military, political, technological, information and cultural power.

Whoa, just because the truth hurts doesn't mean you can distort terminology like that. The bondage I'm talking about is obviously in the geopolitical arena, and that bondage is a hard fact. It has nothing to do with domestic working conditions. After all, Victorian Britain, the superpower of its era, was famed for its child labor and oppressive working conditions, something social commentators like Charles Dickens would lament in many works of literature. It didn't stop Britain from sailing halfway across the world to enslave India and smack down China, among many other Asian victims. One country learned its lesson, the other suffers from a debilitating concoction of nostalgia and Stockholm syndrome.

Are you really comparing China of 2010 to Britain of 1800s? Is oppressive working condition a must for development? Just because it was happening in Britain in the 1800's makes it ok for China in the 21st century? :cheesy:

Forget it thats off topic. Tell me why is China allowed to have allies like Pakistan, North Korea, Sudan but India is expected to have no allies at all?

Can we say that Pakistan, Sudan and North Korea are slaves of China or China is a slave of Pakistan?

Obvious flame thread.

There are only 3 true independent countries in this world, USA, China and Russia.

The rest are just stooges to the 3 big powers.

Pretty much all the wars since WW2 have been proxy wars between these 3 powers. They are all chess moves in the greater strategic chess game.

In this world there is no independent country....Specially Chine who has export centric economy....I wonder who are those stooges of China....

:lol:
Actually Bangladesh is currently neutral and up for grabs, but currently Bangladesh chess piece is not yet a major part in the grander chess game. America has India under control, china got Pakistan under control. Sri Lanka is being becoming an important chess piece, I would say china currently has the upper hand on Sri Lanka over america.
Obviously Japan, south Korea, Australia, Philippines, etc are all under American control.
Vietnam is going towards America although if the Chinese leaders are smart we could salvage vietnam.
But most interesting is Myanmar, they are Chinese control but America has decided its a key chess piece in containing china and so it's made it's move in Myanmar.
Syria and Iran are under china/Russia control.
Libya unfortunately was lost and is now under American control.

I think America is very happy it got the Indian chess piece under its control, that was a big geopolitical win for America. America lost Pakistan.

Georgia is under America control. Belarus under Russian control. Ukraine is an interesting one, not too sure about them.

I think Africa is where the major chess moves will be played.

America knows its got to contain china's rise before America loses everything. Chinese leaders must be smart, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand key to this. Indonesia is probably the biggest one in southeast Asia that is currently being played. Chinese leaders must get indonesia under control.
America has more resources to buy client states using economic, financial, military, political, technological, information and cultural power.

As per your post...Only Pakistan is under China's control and rest belong to USA :D

I am trying to understand how many friends and enemies earned by two largest economies of Asia -India & China.

India's Friends

1. Russia
2. USA
3. Israel
4. Afghanistan
5. Vietnam
6. UK
7. France
8. Japan
9. South Korea

China's Friends

1. Pakistan
2. North Korea

India's Enemies

1. Pakistan
2. China

China's Enemies

1. India
2. Vietnam
3. Japan
4. South Korea
5. Philippines
6. USA
7. Australia
and other South sea countries

I have taken of common friends out.

This is my list...feel free to correct this list.....:wave:

You will see the list of Indian friends dropping down to 0, 1 or 2 when India will pose any threat to the world. At the moment they are just like any country and the West want to see them strong against China.

China already posseses the threat to the old big boys and not willing to compromise on it's national interests so their friendship with powerful states is not the best... it's more like Superpower A versus emerging Super Power B... and Super Power A is so old that it does not want to give away it's crown so easily and the enemies of "emerging" Super Power B immeditately becomes the friend of Super Power A :rofl:

Enemy's enemy is my friend :D

India hasn't reached that peak yet and they compromise on western influence (i.e. sidelining from Iran-Pak-Ind pipeline) etc so once they will pose any real thread to the world... there would be a different story

Are you really comparing China of 2010 to Britain of 1800s? Is oppressive working condition a must for development? Just because it was happening in Britain in the 1800's makes it ok for China in the 21st century? :cheesy:

Forget it thats off topic. Tell me why is China allowed to have allies like Pakistan, North Korea, Sudan but India is expected to have no allies at all?

Can we say that Pakistan, Sudan and North Korea are slaves of China or China is a slave of Pakistan?

Yes, oppressive working conditions are necessary for the initial stages of development. All wealthy countries went through this process. I hope you're not one of those 'fair-trade' nutjobs that thinks farmers in the developing world should have the same wages as their counterparts in the developed world. Here's a clue: those anti-sweatshop movements were created by protectionist groups like labor unions to stop employment from being outsourced. They don't give a damn about the livelihoods of citizens in developing countries.

I don't really understand your second question. No one has said India cannot have allies because that's not issue at all. Instead, it's about the power dynamic between them - China doesn't saddle its allies, like Pakistan, with humiliating demands like drone strikes with massive 'collateral damage', nor does it perform military operations, like the OBL assassination mission, on Pakistan's sovereign land without informing the government. Likewise with NK - you may have noticed that NK is not at all subservient to China and its recent provocative missile tests surprised and incensed the Chinese leadership. India's relationship with its 'friends' is clearly not one of equals. Why does it toe the line for Washington in the UN every time, even when the issue is directly counter to India's interests (Syria against its 'friends' Russia and Iran, the Sri Lanka vote which forced SL to tilt towards China)?

You will see the list of Indian friends dropping down to 0, 1 or 2 when India will pose any threat to the world. At the moment they are just like any country and the West want to see them strong against China.

China already posses the threat so they have lost good old friends... it's more like Superpower A versus Super Power B... and Super Power A is so old that it does not want to give away it's crown so easily and the enemies of Super Power B immeditately becomes the friend of Super Power A :rofl:

Wrong with your theory..USA should not have ...even single friend....whether you like it or not ..USA has lots of friends and China only 2-3.....

Wrong with your theory..USA should not have ...even single friend....whether you like it or not ..USA has lots of friends and China only 2-3.....

that is what i am saying.... old Superpower vs Emerging superpower. USA has dominated the large part of 20th century and they do not want to give up in the 21st century... so making India friend is just one of their many tactics to dominate the world. If China wasn't so powerful there would be less indian friends in the world... that's my theory and you are free to disagree

I don't really understand your second question. No one has said India cannot have allies because that's not issue at all. Instead, it's about the power dynamic between them - China doesn't saddle its allies, like Pakistan, with humiliating demands like drone strikes with massive 'collateral damage', nor does it perform military operations, like the OBL assassination mission, on Pakistan's sovereign land without informing the government. Likewise with NK - you may have noticed that NK is not at all subservient to China and its recent provocative missile tests surprised and incensed the Chinese leadership. India's relationship with its 'friends' is clearly not one of equals. Why does it toe the line for Washington in the UN every time, even when the issue is directly counter to India's interests (Syria against its 'friends' Russia and Iran, the Sri Lanka vote which forced SL to tilt towards China)?

So two examples? Voting against Syria didn't make our friendship with Russia any worse and at the same time won us goodwill in the rest of the Muslim world, who also voted against Syria mind you. Voting against Sri Lanka was due to the pressure from Tamil community in India, had nothing to do with USA asking India to do it.

India's relationship with its allies is not that of equals is your wishful thinking cause I don't see any evidence for such claim.

Almost all of China's allies are pariah countries. China works these countries like muppets against its adversaries, North Korea to counter South Korea/America and Pakistan to counter India.

And China does its best to keep its allies in this state so that it can keep using them against other countries. Your allies are your "suicide bombers".

**** it we r onl frnd with those who serve our interest, otherwise u will pay the price.

China already posseses the threat to the old big boys and not willing to compromise on it's national interests so their friendship with powerful states is not the best... it's more like Superpower A versus emerging Super Power B... and Super Power A is so old that it does not want to give away it's crown so easily and the enemies of "emerging" Super Power B immeditately becomes the friend of Super Power A :rofl:

India hasn't reached that peak yet and they compromise on western influence (i.e. sidelining from Iran-Pak-Ind pipeline) etc so once they will pose any real thread to the world... there would be a different story

agreed what u said, good to see someone is posting sane. :tup:
well india is progressing fast on all fronts, with time we will reach our peak but i can assure u we not let anyone be our enemies, although it will cause some discomfort to friendly countries.

Back
Top Bottom