What's new

French JF-17 Deal Could Anger India

Status
Not open for further replies.
where the hell does it says likely .....and for showing up IAF is doing all the work these days :victory:

1:are you sure india's 30B budget can make every arms suppliers happy?
2:are you sure it's a smart strategy for india to keep pushing pakistan -china military tie closer?

and i am not really sure what is "finalized ".the deals india always try to block or india's defence industry?

Last edited:
2:are you sure it's a smart strategy for india to keep pushing pakistan -china military tie closer?

and i am not really sure what is "finalized ",the deals india always try to block or india's defence industry

India is the biggest export market, not only for its defence forces but also its homeland security.

Hi,

I will try to answer the two questions you have posed.

1: India's defence budget is set to increase by 15+% this year (and thanks to new attacks may be even more). This sets the number at $35 billion for this year. At the same time, we should realize that with india growing at the rate it is, it's defence budget should also grow consummately at 8-10% each year (budget about $100 billion in 2025). Since about 30% of that is for military purchases, you can clearly see how the capital outlay would increase in coming years ($30+ billion by 2025). This is at a time when western govts. specially in Europe are reducing defence outlays and are expected to grow at much slower rates in the coming decade!! This makes it important for most of these firms (like french) to make sure that they tap into the indian market!

2: Pak-China military ties have been close for a long time now. The only way for us to stop china from selling hardware to pakistan is to put down our guns and jump into the ocean. No country in its right mind will let its defence languish when you have external/ internal threats to deal with. For Indians, China continues to be seen as a source of possible aggression in future and thus it is imperative that we shore up our defenses. Similarly, growing Indian capability will rightly be seen by Pakistan as a threat and they have the right and the justification to forge ties as they deem fit.

Hi, I do not understand all the arguments being made. From the article below, it should be obvious, Le Frenchie will sell to anyone!!! Well provided you show the money first.

/*************************************/
India, France to finalise upgrade of Mirage jets in Rs 10,000 cr project

India and France are now finally close to inking the around Rs 10,000 crore project to upgrade the Mirage-2000 fighter jets in the IAF combat fleet after protracted negotiations. The first four to six IAF Mirages will be upgraded in France, while the rest 50 will equipped with new avionics, weapon and sensor suites to enhance their combat edge by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd in India under transfer of technology in the project. "It (the project finalisation) should happen shortly,'' IAF chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik told TOI on Monday. This will be the second such big programme with the upgrade of 63 MiG-29s already underway under a $964 million contract inked with Russia in March 2008.......................................Timesofindia

its rather ironic that we have all been debating the merits of buying the UAE MIRAGE2000-5 and ADDING FRENCH TECH TO THE BRAND NEW THUNDER..

When the indians steal the march and announce their own mirage2000 upgrade

Both the mig29smt upgraded and mirage2000-5 upgraded will give IAF really good modern 4th gen platforms for another 15 years me thinks.

More than enough to handle all PAF current fighters including both the Thunder/ f16s

its rather ironic that we have all been debating the merits of buying the UAE MIRAGE2000-5 and ADDING FRENCH TECH TO THE BRAND NEW THUNDER..

When the indians steal the march and announce their own mirage2000 upgrade

Both the mig29smt upgraded and mirage2000-5 upgraded will give IAF really good modern 4th gen platforms for another 15 years me thinks.

More than enough to handle all PAF current fighters including both the Thunder/ f16s

& yet india follows the MRCAA competition :coffee:

^^^ may be because India will have to face more than Pakistan if things go that way...

^^^ may be because India will have to face more than Pakistan if things go that way...

ummm so they should save this money for 5th gen rather than now spending on 4th gen? wont these upgarded fighters with MKI give "more than Pakistan" (you know what im talking about) a tough time....I mean think MKI man.....

thats what i wanted...but can any of us dictate the politicians..???

another cause might be diversifying the source and tech. to boost indigenous capability...

ummm so they should save this money for 5th gen rather than now spending on 4th gen? wont these upgarded fighters with MKI give "more than Pakistan" (you know what im talking about) a tough time....I mean think MKI man.....

India wants to operate 42+ sq so all of them cant be 5 gen thats why we have opted for 4++ and the best available there :cheers:

YUP deepak kapoor painted a beautiful picture before he was officially declared disabled! :agree:

however, stop trying to SCARE YOURSELF! no one is going to attack you! YOU will attack either China or Pakistan! & that to not simultaneously!

The U.S. is concerned about technology leakage to China, and India is already a lucrative market for French industry. Enthusiasm for the JF-17 upgrade could be tempered if there were signals that this might jeopardize business in India.
Most funny indeed.. while US have no objections of such sort when it self sells defence equipment all around the world...incl. Pakistan. Why US sales to Pakistan does not anger indians?
It has been reported occasionaly that US defence equipment has been in hands of terrorists incl. theft of Uranium from indian facilities.

Hi,
As far as i have felt french crave markets not a single market, so i don't really think that French will pay any heed towards Indian concerns about French JF-17 deal, i mean economic interests are not the only priority for French rather for any country, remember Americans giving military hardware to Pakistan as well, when the Jewish and Indian lobbies are so strong over there and despite Indians huge protests they will be providing Pakistan with Block 50/52. If International Politics was that simple and predictable every country would have a key to become a super power, so some people can think what ever they like to provide their hearts some relief, but that's the way things are.:bunny:

US calls Pakistan their biggest non nato ally but still they always embargo sales to Pakistan even if it is done by another country like frnace...lol when india buys new tech from US then nobody has concerns even the US dont have concerns of the technology to b leaked to Russians but when Pak buys just few thngs everyone has concerns...US and our Leaders are just using Pak for their own benefits...every one talks about US military aid of 1billion to Pak ...but what about that amount of 35-40 billion dollars which we lost during so called "our war on terrorsim" ( which actualy is not our war it was initiated by americans but we are the one who are suffering the most)? Man can u imagine what we could buy with these 40 billions

Reactions: aks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom