What's new

France will have to accept India’s binding conditions in MMRCA deal

So Indian MOD has no confidence in HAL :omghaha: Then why ask for the kits why not have all the work done by french.This way you will get your guarantee and face savings.:rofl:
Assembling kits ? We are manufacturing under license SU-30 MKI. India is at least good at it. :D

Assembling kits ? We are manufacturing under license SU-30 MKI. India is at least good at it. :D

Actually, just like the MMRCA contract stipulates, gradually the production is localised so from assembling knocked-down kits, then assembly of semi-knocked down kits and then gradually the process becomes more and more Indian-central until the majority of work and assembly are done in India by Indians with Indian materials.

The Rafales will follow the same path.

let us stop posting on this issue for sometime. this is absurd to post on same topic for years. lets wait til the final decision is made.

No France does not have to accept all of inde's demands, the french republic is a current super power(being realistic as of this point) and inde has not achieved that status yet( i know you folks are working hard, no need to crush me with responses), yes I do understand the monstrous size of this deal of nearly 12 billion dollars worth of transaction but do not ever underestimate the French economie. France can have other buyers, I am not meaning to insult inde and I understand the matter of national securitie for the country but still I see the problem more or so being with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and now this is not to say that they are incompetitent. However given inde's history from this forum's sources and Janes( sorry don't have Stratfor :( ), the past indeginious procurement have had massive delays forexample the LCA TEJAS multirole aircrafs/l'avion and the Arjun(gen 3++) mbt is still not in full production as we expected given the delay. I mean you cannot simply put the onus on Dassault Aviation , when the inde military's indeginious production is abysmal given the timings not being met and this is not to say that I do not have confidence in the military industry but simply pointing out that the outrage being made by indienne is stupid and a tad bit hypocritical.

PS. I am sounding a tad bit harsh but I am just tired of everyone blaming french for their problem, there said it. I still love inde so please do not give me an onslaught, spare me :) .

1st thing, they came into the competition when the RFP was issued and it has not changed since then, so the French are the ones acting like hypocrites, when they are "negotiating".
2nd, No French is hardly a "current" superpower and why does India come into the equation?
3rd, correction the deal is worth around $20 billion which now the French are reconsidering it to $26 Billion.
4th, French economy has nothing to do with it, Dassault stand to lose out more than anyone else, no one other than France has deployed the rafale in active service so no matter how many buyers Rafale has they'll never have a deal better than the MMRCA or even close to it. And if I am not wrong Dassault were the ones under pressure to sell.
5th, as for indigenous production, go check out how much time Rafale took to be built it is only a few years lesser than when Tejas will be inducted.And do please go check out Su-30MKi which is now being produced by HAL, if u actually think they are incompetent compare a Su-30MKI with a Rafale.
6th No one needs your confidence to go ahead with the deal, HAL HAS performed, and we have the RIGHT to question the French coz no matter what they say now, they had been handed the RFP before they came offering Rafale, so to Dassault I'll say "nut up or shut up", there are still plenty of fish in the sea who are willing to accept a $20 Billion deal so it is Dassault who are haggling like 3 year olds not us.
You can't have the cake and eat it too.

FYI you are not sounding a "tad bit harsh", but full-on hypocritical.

so $20bn for 126 Rafale jets including weapons, right? any figures about maintenance and operating costs of the jets?

See, no country will lose its interest in any deal. Indian government also has to think that so a middle way must be sorted out. If I make gadget and patent it and I give contract and license to build by some one I will make it sure that the quality of this gadget is maintained so that it does not comes out to be faulty by quality and loses market.
But deal will surely happen as I said 2-3 years delay is expected.

No country gives 100% TOT to another country specially sensitive tech such as engine and AESA radars. Were chanakyans day dreaming about french giving up their priced techs to Indian plates?:cheesy:

Chanakyans should sound more logical in their demands. France won't have any shortfall of Importers if chanakyans don't buy. Brazil, Malaysia, Indoneshia, ME countries are all racing to modernise their AF. :coffee:

:lol: Yeah sure - whatever.

No country gives 100% TOT to another country specially sensitive tech such as engine and AESA radars. Were chanakyans day dreaming about french giving up their priced techs to Indian plates?:cheesy:

Chanakyans should sound more logical in their demands. France won't have any shortfall of Importers if chanakyans don't buy. Brazil, Malaysia, Indoneshia, ME countries are all racing to modernise their AF. :coffee:

Did you even read the news, the French don't have problem with ToT, they rather have problem with who will be responsible for the 108 jets that will be made in India. France wants its partner to get the lead role in building the jets, while the Indian government wants HAL to be responsible for the work with the French providing technical know how and support so there is no delay in the production.

:omghaha:
fail-owned-pole-vault-fail.jpg

We are not dealing with France for the jet fighter project.
india is!

And I am sure given the same offer and counter offer the contract between China and France (barring a third party intervention) would have been long concluded in the midst of celebrative fanfare of hands-shaking, hugging and popping rounds and rounds of champagnes

Your first post was off topic do you have something useful to contribute or you just come here to vent out your frustration

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom