What's new

Foreign Cargo plane forced to Land in Karachi By PAF

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
News coming in that a Foreign cargo plane has been forced to land at karachi airport by PAF..The plane had violated Pakistan's air Space.
Anybody knows details?

Karachi: A US military cargo aircraft was forced to land in Karachi at the Jinnah International Airport on the orders of the Pakistan Air Force, sources said on Wednesday.

According to the sources, the Russian-made plane was forced to land in Karachi on the basis of intelligence information provided by the Air Intelligence.

Geo TV reported that the plane is used for Nato supplies. The plane took off from Bagram Airbase in Afghanistan and was flying towards Al-Makhtum Airport in Dubai.

The crew of the aircraft was being interrogated till the filling of this report.

Pakistan suspended Nato supplies after a cross border US raid on its check-posts in Mohmand Agency November last year that killed two dozen Pakistani troops.

Islamabad had linked the resumption of Nato supplies with unconditional US public apology over the raid. The unpopular government in Islamabad seems reluctant to reopen Nato supply routes amid anti-American sentiments prevailing in the country ahead of next general election.

In the meantime, President Obama is also facing the same process this November and doesn’t want to tender an apology after he tendered one over the desecration of the Holy Quran at the hands of US soldiers in Afghanistan.

But what about the suppli lines through air for the NATO.....I guess they are already going through......:smokin:

Nothing here. It was an An-124 , of a Russian company operating on contract for US/NATO. I usually here this aircraft going over Dubai once or twice a week. This was not a military plane.

And was not carrying any weapons. It had the designation Alpha Romeo or tango Romeo , and these designations don't carry any weapons or anything. The one with weapons are of whiskey designation jis ko utarnay ki himmat nhn humaray pas.

So nothing to be surprised about, the aircraft just did not have a scheduled permit to come in like this.

Good move, Perhaps first "action" taken against USAF? But what were they doing flying a Russian made plane? i guess it was a NATO bird not a USAF bird?

Nothing here. It was an An-124 , of a Russian company operating on contract for US/NATO. I usually here this aircraft going over Dubai once or twice a week. This was not a military plane.

And was not carrying any weapons. It had the designation Alpha Romeo or tango Romeo , and these designations don't carry any weapons or anything. The one with weapons are of whiskey designation jis ko utarnay ki himmat nhn humaray pas.

So nothing to be surprised about, the aircraft just did not have a scheduled permit to come in like this.

The problem might have escalated from cargo plane not following the assigned route for civil aviation/airliners Or may be it wasn't listed to use that airspace on the given timeline. The case will be same if PAA helicopter/liaison aircraft move from Base A to Base B without following the right protocol. What do you say?

It was a contract plane, most probably of Volga-Dnepr.

some reports say it had cargo other than allowed for it...So it appears it was carrying weapons while not designated to do so?

The problem might have escalated from cargo plane not following the assigned route for civil aviation/airliners Or may be it wasn't listed to use that airspace on the given timeline. The case will be same if PAA helicopter/liaison aircraft move from Base A to Base B without following the right protocol. What do you say?

yes, the designatedflight route if disturbed, can be a cause for action against any aircraft.

Although PAA helis do give out a flight path, but they can have a degree of free movement upto an extent.

But what I found amusing was the Channels running it as if a Hornet had been brought down.!!!

As i mentioned earlier, this was not a weapon carrying aircraft,

some reports say it had cargo other than allowed for it...So it appears it was carrying weapons while not designated to do so?

i highly doubt it.

NATO/US are pretty strict about this, and the designation if changed wrongly can have serious repercussions.

The designation on TV was Alpha Romeo/Tango, so it was not a weapon carrying aircraft, or it had the wrong number (tried to fool us).

This report has the least probability. Unless pilot knows details of items on-board and they share all information "truly" with ATC:D.

And the aircraft has been cleared to go.

Most probably just a mix-up of flight schedules.

And the aircraft has been cleared to go.

Most probably just a mix-up of flight schedules.

...and this incident will reach top spot in coming week's conspiracy theories. Especially the T.V channels and Urdu news papers will get any meaning they want from this mix-up:D

Back
Top Bottom