What's new

Football in the Indian subcontinent?

You use what you want and we will use what we want. I think that is the only way out of this quagmire.

India sucks at rugby...!

But apparently @Rajaraja Chola has seen the Indians winning the U19 WC !!!.. I wonder on which planet though.. :lol:

Yeah... the financial climate has improved recently but it has not reached the bottom level of the sporting community. But overall the outlook has improved but the old mentality of our people to label rugby as hooligans game as not died yet. :)

on the contrary..As somebody who has played the game at a higher level in both Lanka and Australia I can tell you Rugby till recently was considered a elitist sport in the island(It's changing now with the sport spreading to the provinces.. Actually It is football that is known as the hooligans game in SL

Last edited by a moderator:
But apparently @Rajaraja Chola has seen the Indians winning the U19 WC !!!.. I wonder on which planet though.. :lol:

May be he confused with Cricket to Football.... :cheesy:

on the contrary..As somebody who has played the game at a higher level in both Lanka and Australia I can tell you Rugby till recently was considered a elitist sport in the island(It's changing now with the sport spreading to the provinces.. Actually It is football that is known as the hooligans game in SL

The spreading is not actually effective. The boys who play in the remoter areas do not even have proper equipments. However it is still the most elitist sport. I do not thing Rugby will fall from that grace in Sri Lanka. :)

BTW which club did you play. I played for Havlocks for couple of years in C team.

The spreading is not actually effective. The boys who play in the remoter areas do not even have proper equipments. However it is still the most elitist sport. I do not thing Rugby will fall from that grace in Sri Lanka. :)

BTW which club did you play. I played for Havlocks for couple of years in C team.

Well we migrated when I was 17.. I played for the school till then.. I came back to Lanka for a year and played for CR(CR&FC) for one season.. In Australia I represented the Rowville Rangers and played state Rugby for Victoria

The SLRFU has taken an initiative to spread the game wide.. Jaffna is the latest edition.. The results will be reaped whithin years I can assure you.. Even if you take the current national pool majority of the players are indeed from lesser known schools.. So yes the game is indeed spreading to the wider community

If there is a competition for breeding.. We all know which country will win hands down..

China is already a sporting super power.. Doesn't need to validate itself on over population.. So that leaves the most unathletic weak billion on earth.. :yay:

I thought you were talking about the human population when you used the word "breeding"......never knew it was some kind of sporting activity. :cry:

Is it played indoors or outdoors, how many player in a team :undecided:

As long as the stupid, foolish, staged, fixed, drama like cricket is watched, football can never be encouraged.

As long as the stupid, foolish, staged, fixed, drama like cricket is watched, football can never be encouraged.

India actually qualified to play in the 1950 FIFA football(Soccer) world cup in Brazil.. Since Japan didn't field a team due to allied occupation at the end of the WW II.. In Asia, the Philippines, Indonesia and Burma all withdrew, leaving India to qualify by default.. But they did not participate due to lack of finances for travel and most of the players were used to play barefoot and FIFA had regulations changed making it compulsory to wear boots

1950 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actially I wanted to mean U 16 . Not U 19. Didnt notice my bad until u highlighted. Ty.

Actially I wanted to mean U 16 . Not U 19. Didnt notice my bad until u highlighted. Ty.

Dude that is even more preposterous.. :rofl:

Junior rugby in India is virtually non existent(Except for a handful of elite schools in Bombay and Culcutta).. And there is only one junior Rugby WC it's the U19 JWC..Pls just try and not post general comments on subjects you know next to nothing about.. Your belittling other Indians.. You're just digging your self in to a bigger hole every time you try to cover up BS.. And you didn't even know the difference between Rugby and American football to begin with(Most Indians don't).. Why make such a stupid statement when anybody with common sense can just google stuff to know that India is sadly nothing in World Rugby?? :lol:

BTW SL is the only country from Asia along side Japan and Korea that actually qualified to play in the JWC in 2001 in Argentina

Dude that is even more preposterous.. :rofl:

Junior rugby in India is virtually non existent(Except for a handful of elite schools in Bombay and Culcutta).. And there is only one junior Rugby WC it's the U19 JWC..Pls just try and not post general comments on subjects you know next to nothing about.. Your belittling other Indians.. You're just digging your self in to a bigger hole every time you try to cover up BS.. And you didn't even know the difference between Rugby and American football to begin with(Most Indians don't).. Why make such a stupid statement when anybody with common sense can just google stuff to know that India is sadly nothing in World Rugby?? :lol:

BTW SL is the only country from Asia along side Japan and Korea that actually qualified to play in the JWC in 2001 in Argentina

I had read it long before. Now have the link just to shut up ur blabber. Its U 14.
Now if u had the guts to go through the link Mr. Preposterous.

Orissa tribal boys are rugby*world champions - Livemint

I had read it long before. Now have the link just to shut up ur blabber. Its U 14.
Now if u had the guts to go through the link Mr. Preposterous.

Orissa tribal boys are rugby*world champions - Livemint

“We beat Zambia, Romania, Kenya and Swaziland to reach the final,” said one of the coaches, Sanjay Patra, in an email from London.
:omghaha:

captain of the India under-14 team that lifted the International School Rugby Tournament in London on Saturday

It's a international schools tournament.. Doofus!!.. And a third rate one at that.. Jeez you people find the most absurd ways to try validate yourselfs.. Again you're just digging yourself to a deeper hole.. Stick to what you know Kabbadi or bullock cart racing dude.. Don't become a universal joke

Back
Top Bottom