What's new

F-60 / J-31 stealth fighter aircraft for Pakistan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of china making a STOVL fighter out of J31? Is it possible for china to make something like F35 B in J31?

It's certainly possible, I wouldn't be surprised if they're researching the technology as we speak. The problem is how long it will take to implement such a technology into a fighter aircraft, and if it is even needed at all.

To this day, I still find the very concept of STOVL as a luxury gimmick that a military doesn't really need, but is nice to have.

Any confirmation or source ??
I read somewhere that Bangladesh rejected JF-17....

Sri Lanka has already been confirmed, according to SL members of the forums, their initial purchase will be 6 fighters with an option of 12 more.

Airforce to purchase 06 combat planes

Bangladesh probably did reject it, and even if they didn't, Pakistan wouldn't be too happy with the sale. Giving the JF-17 to Bangladesh is the same as handing it over to India.

I know Bangladeshi members on these forums would disagree, but with their government being pro-Indian as it is, their government would happily let India take a look at it all they want.

I will even go so far as to ask what need does the BAF have of the JF-17? It's current fleet is good enough to handle it's current needs. It's not under the threat of foreign forces using advanced jets to invade BAF air-space, so I don't see the logic in purchasing such an advanced fighter.

I think this is very good deal if it happens it will be very good for future JF-17 sales.
Is the deal with Sri Lanka is for block-1 or block-2 .. ??

any news about Chengdu: J-10 when its to coming to PAKISTAN or is the Deal Scrapped??????? any one Kindly Put light on this matter

Yeah my friend, the deal is looking to be converted to other one which is J-31 and I am not so much sure but there is a possibility that PAC have been a partner in this program.

pakistan-air-force-paf-stealth-fighter-f-60-j-21.jpg

pakistan-air-force-stealth-aircraft-f-60-j-21-j-18.jpg

J31-f35-compare.jpg

china+J-31+21fifth+generation+stealth%252C+naval+carrier+aircraft+prototype+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force++OPERATIONAL+weapons+aam+bvr+missile+ls+pgm+gps+plaaf+test+flightf-22+1+pl-12+10+21+paf+export+pakistan+%25282%2529.jpg

I am hopeful that PAF Chief will going to visit Russia to gain license of RD-93B to be assembled at PAC and INSHA ALLAH will start production of JF-17 Block-IIs from 2014. Later on start the production of J-31 in Pakistan.

Yeah my friend, the deal is looking to be converted to other one which is J-31 and I am not so much sure but there is a possibility that PAC have been a partner in this program.

J31-f35-compare.jpg

china+J-31+21fifth+generation+stealth%252C+naval+carrier+aircraft+prototype+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force++OPERATIONAL+weapons+aam+bvr+missile+ls+pgm+gps+plaaf+test+flightf-22+1+pl-12+10+21+paf+export+pakistan+%25282%2529.jpg

I am hopeful that PAF Chief will going to visit Russia to gain license of RD-93B to be assembled at PAC and INSHA ALLAH will start production of JF-17 Block-IIs from 2014. Later on start the production of J-31 in Pakistan.

Source or not real news. The J-10 is expected to be inducted in 2014-15 timeline, and it's already being tested with the new engine (making it legal for China to export it to foreign nations).

Pakistan and China are in a partnership on a project called J-2X, no one is sure if it's a 5th gen fighter or a 4.5 gen fighter with the quality and capabilities of a 5th gen. It could very well just be a stealth variant of the JF-17 thunder.

some basic info, if you're interested...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/108436-possible-single-engine-j-2x-concept-diagram.html

J-2X - yet another regional fighter? - Asian Skies

Chinese Military Photos(new thread) - Page 169

any news about Chengdu: J-10 when its to coming to PAKISTAN or is the Deal Scrapped??????? any one Kindly Put light on this matter

2014-15 is the deadline for the transfer of the Jets to Pakistan, it may be delayed as the new WS-13 engines are still stuck on major roadblocks (i.e poor quality turbine blades). We still have a year to see if the Chinese can make it happen, but the deal will go through.

As for the J-31, don't expect that till 2020-25 at least. The Chinese are a long way off before it's finished.

Some mighty ambitious speculations in here. Rangageaing from license building of j31 to some other top secret j2x. Unfornately most of this is from pdf sources rather than offical pak govt or chinease govt lips. If only speculation was all we needed today paf would already have 100 j10. In services rather than 300 f7 and mirage 5. We could do with some real offical news to make feel this is really being discussed .even the 36 j10 looks to have cooled lately

Not the same circus as MRCA, LCA etc...

Some mighty ambitious speculations in here. Rangageaing from license building of j31 to some other top secret j2x. Unfornately most of this is from pdf sources rather than offical pak govt or chinease govt lips. If only speculation was all we needed today paf would already have 100 j10. In services rather than 300 f7 and mirage 5. We could do with some real offical news to make feel this is really being discussed .even the 36 j10 looks to have cooled lately

Buddy this is the standard mode of attack to mock any developments. We've seen this reasoning for many many years now. Nothing surprising about it. Have you heard of foot-in-mouth disease? Indians are particularly prone to it, especially when discussing China (and Pakistan).

I've seen rumors emerging, getting stronger, and finally being validated by actual existence of projects. Case in point: J-20. A single-engine stealth fighter does not seem to be an impossibility. There is nothing wrong with discussing it. Its best to wait and see. But by the time a rumor does get confirmed. You would have changed your user name and be back talking BS. May I suggest 'Blind Bat' to be your next user name? Might be apt.

Nobody is disputing existence of j20 and j31 what I question is this huge Pakistani mindset and assumption that Pakistan is buying them or they in discussion for them. The best one yet we may get license production.

Why the hel would chins pass on its best technology having spent billions on research and development. You get nothing for free in this world

Don't you get tired of speaking nonsense? I've already had this very discussion with you, unless you have a short term memory, you shouldn't keep repeating yourself.

If you find all of this as being nonsense, you're free not not visit there forums.

Nobody is disputing existence of j20 and j31 what I question is this huge Pakistani mindset and assumption that Pakistan is buying them or they in discussion for them. The best one yet we may get license production.

Why the hel would chins pass on its best technology having spent billions on research and development. You get nothing for free in this world

Again, you and I have already discussed this. No one expects China to just give out licence production for the J-31, but it has already been confirmed as being an export plane. Who buys Chinese planes? Those that are closest to China and can't afford to buy western and Russian counterparts, i.e countries like Pakistan (which usually is the one of the first ones to order Chinese planes).

TOO THAT GUY
I would be very surprised if the chinease made their cutting edge weapons avaiable for export as soon as they arrive in PLAAF

FOR ME ALL 3 of J10 and potentially J20/J31 are cutting edge weapons.

J10 has not a single export order since induction in 2006

WHY ?

What is real name of the fighter... J-31 or J-21..???
pretty confusing..

J31-f35-compare.jpg

Thanks my friend

Source or not real news. The J-10 is expected to be inducted in 2014-15 timeline, and it's already being tested with the new engine (making it legal for China to export it to foreign nations).

Pakistan and China are in a partnership on a project called J-2X, no one is sure if it's a 5th gen fighter or a 4.5 gen fighter with the quality and capabilities of a 5th gen. It could very well just be a stealth variant of the JF-17 thunder.

some basic info, if you're interested...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/108436-possible-single-engine-j-2x-concept-diagram.html

J-2X - yet another regional fighter? - Asian Skies

Chinese Military Photos(new thread) - Page 169

2014-15 is the deadline for the transfer of the Jets to Pakistan, it may be delayed as the new WS-13 engines are still stuck on major roadblocks (i.e poor quality turbine blades). We still have a year to see if the Chinese can make it happen, but the deal will go through.

As for the J-31, don't expect that till 2020-25 at least. The Chinese are a long way off before it's finished.
Thanks Brooooooooo

Whenever PAF decides to buy 5th generation aircraft, it will be to replace the f-16s (blk-15)
which are gonna stay with us till 2020 at least.

And till then China will have all the time it needs to mature its engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom