What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

I think Jf-17s are very vital for Egypt. they may have 250 F-16s BUT none of them carry AMRAAM simply because US deny them that.
Jf-17 Blk II or III WILL give Egypt Air Force much needed BVR capability and ofcourse, like someone above said, a cheap replacement for f-7 and other obsolete aircrafts in EAF inventory.

Why not have the JF-17 as VTOL at least experiment one

Here is something I agree:

..and this true if Pakistan can make the JF-17 vtol it would be great advantage. Jf-17 is light a few modification can be done.

What about the countries that can land their planes directly on the freeway/motorway?

Pakistan is one of the few countries that can do that.

I think JF-17 cause more headach to West than to India, as it will definitly speed up muslim world's technological know-how of developing modern fighter, because unlike other western fighters, if you buy JF-17 you are getting TOT, and with that TOT those end user countries can build their modern aviation industry based on that with much less finacial and political costs.

I think JF-17 cause more headach to West than to India, as it will definitly speed up muslim world's technological know-how of developing modern fighter, because unlike other western fighters, if you buy JF-17 you are getting TOT, and with that TOT those end user countries can build their modern aviation industry based on that with much less finacial and political costs.

Do you think China would induct some later blocks of the JF-17 in some quantities, at least ! Or the J-10s, J-11s and the J-20s are what China is going to concentrate on, solely, instead.

Egypt's F-16's are disabled. They cannot use them against Israel. Therefore, JF-17 BLK II would be a much better option for Egypt.

Do you think China would induct some later blocks of the JF-17 in some quantities, at least ! Or the J-10s, J-11s and the J-20s are what China is going to concentrate on, solely, instead.

Not the topic, but yes China will induce atleast 1 squadron of Block I and possibly two more Squadrons, which maybe block II.

i really have no idea to be honest, because J-10 can do what JF-17 does, even with sufficient fund but CAC and SAC has huge burden to complete their current top priority projects which are 4th gen (chinese standard) stealth fighters and 3.5 gen J-10B and J-11 families, and also it shows a clear indication that the PLAAF are not going to stick J-15 as their ideal naivy fighter, so it is possible that both of them competing for next gen aircraft based fighters too.

but in terms of JF-17, China's main aim is to help Pakistan to quickly grasp the essence know-how of building a modern fighter with your own capability, so it is very likely that Pakistan is going to play major roles in development of upgrading JF-17XX, all if i am optimistic.

so as I am always insisting that JF-17 is not just a 4th gen (western standard) low-end fighter, it is a stratigic assets Pakistan has that as important as its nucler arsonals....even India still cannt make the same class LCA as mature and progmatic as JF-17

Although if PAC and CAC has decided to used Composites, RD-93Bs, Retractable In-Flight Refueling Probe and FLIR in the PT-06 along with the trainer to fly in 2007 and complete its test and get inducted in 2008 with the same things that are present on single one then I am sure even the PAF with Chinese and local avionics would have gone for 110 JF-17 Block-Is with 30 Dual seat and about 50 Dual seat as dedicated AJTs. With these elements in JF-17, I am sure that it will be sold like hot cakes in ASIAN, African as well as in middle east.

Although if PAC and CAC has decided to used Composites, RD-93Bs, Retractable In-Flight Refueling Probe and FLIR in the PT-06 along with the trainer to fly in 2007 and complete its test and get inducted in 2008 with the same things that are present on single one then I am sure even the PAF with Chinese and local avionics would have gone for 110 JF-17 Block-Is with 30 Dual seat and about 50 Dual seat as dedicated AJTs. With these elements in JF-17, I am sure that it will be sold like hot cakes in ASIAN, African as well as in middle east.
with all of these kits, price is going to be another issue, only if Pakistan has total independency of producing all of them locally and in big numbers...the CAC indicates that Russian engines making a big chunk in the unit price of JF-17, thats why in China, we believe when its 99% home made then can be safely said its indigenous.

so PAF needs to be patient, as you are in the right track, as long as your country is stable and growing more surprise will come.

and also bare in mind that we will face a lot of barriers to sell JF-17 to other countries, free trade only applies to U.S and some western countries.

Have a Jf-17 thunder build Votol for experiment purposes

Back
Top Bottom