What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Actually Beast's statement makes sense.

Why would China allow the export of JF-17 and share the revenue when it can export the FC-1 and pocket the entire money considering that FC-1 is itself an export version ?

I may be wrong though.

Yes you are.

Marketing JF-17 is Pakistan's respectability, so dealing any potential customer is not the job of CATIC but PAC. Even if any customer contacts China instead of Pakistan for the purchase, Pakistan will get its 50 % share of profit. So no worries !

BTW @Beast Have u forgotten the contribution of Pakistan in JFT Program. China was about to scrap the Super-7 Project until we gave the green signal in late 90's. JFT meant alot to Pakistan that why we invested & Contributed and so there were few agreements & one of them was that Pakistan will share the profit 50-50. China would not like to loose its 50 % for ceasing any potential sale from Pakistan end or won't be able to eat the cake all alone. :) Be wise.

Marketing JF-17 is Pakistan's respectability, so dealing any potential customer is not the job of CATIC but PAC. Even if any customer contacts China instead of Pakistan for the purchase, Pakistan will get its 50 % share of profit. So no worries !

That is so so not true.

BTW @Beast Have u forgotten the contribution of Pakistan in JFT Program. China was about to scrap the Super-7 Project until we gave the green signal in late 90's. JFT meant alot to Pakistan that why we invested & Contributed and so there were few agreements & one of them was that Pakistan will share the profit 50-50. China would not like to loose its 50 % for ceasing any potential sale from Pakistan end or won't be able to eat the cake all alone. Be wise.

I dont mean to be offensive..but there is nothing that Pakistan contributes to JF-17 that China can't make on its own. Perhaps Beast was referring to that.

Actually Beast's statement makes sense.

Why would China allow the export of JF-17 and share the revenue when it can export the FC-1 and pocket the entire money considering that FC-1 is itself an export version ?

I may be wrong though.

Well you are wrong -- because its a 50/50 project between PAC and CATIC, look it up.

Who is saying that China can't produce anything which Pakistan is producing for JF, Take example of Euro Fighter, don't you think that any of the nation involved in the production don't have potential to make it on their own? It's about cost and profit sharing.

That is so so not true.

I dont mean to be offensive..but there is nothing that Pakistan contributes to JF-17 that China can't make on its own. Perhaps Beast was referring to that.

Can't get rid of the troll within, can you?

JF-17 export will never materialise.. China will not allowed that.

I think JF-17 is a 50/50 Chinese-Pakistani JV. So if the sales arm does not deviate from the research, development and manufacturing model, the sales will go 50/50!

I am not an Air Force expert but I personally don't see any export potentials as of 2012. While the second block of JF-17s is being developed, it will be much better than block 1 and will probably attract even more attention since block 1 already has much attention. Even then, I think PAF should consider getting these jets for itself rather than export them to buyers and not have any for itself. By mid/late 2012, block 2 will be ready and for the next 1-2 years PAF should acquire around 100 jets for itself while taking orders from potential buyers and start the deliveries by 2014.
-Farhan

Is Iran interested or will it first check to see if any Arab country decides to buy it ?

China is not the only one with say.. infact you are completely incorrect..
the reason as to why the JF-17 export has yet to materialise is because the PAF is not allowing it till its own initial orders are met.
CATIC is all for export and has the full backing of the Chinese government in this.
Why would they go along at airshows and give presentations?

Whether its PLAAF or PAF should consider running parallel manufacturing modules, take the orders as they do not come by everyday, do careful operational researches and logistics so as to accomodate BOTH internal and external demands!

and why do you think that China wont allow it.. JFT is already an export model..

Becos china got another plane called L-15 trainer. The trainer term is a bit delusive. Actually this plane can dogfight and if install with proper radar and datalink. It can be as capable as JF-17. It has a huge advantage over JF-17 that is it is twin seater. So it will solve the trainer problem while at the same time performing the role demand by small airforce.

L-15 has already gone into mass production. First shipment of Ukraine after burner engine have already ship to china for final assemble . PLAAF and 2 foreign countries have already order L-15 and will enter service end of this year.

Now u know the reason why a twin seater JF-17 never materialise? Check out the spec of L-15, it is very similar to JF-17, top speed Mach 1.6 , ferry range 3000km.

Check out YouTube for L-15 trainer air demo in Dubai airshow. It is as agile as JF-17 with max thrust 8400kg.
Most importantly, all profit from this plane will go to AVIC unlike JF-17.

Now you know the reason why desPite so many talk, any export of JF-17 to other countries never materialise..

I think we should talk to BD, SRIs and other ASIAN, AFRICAN, S.AMERICAN and E.U states on the Block-IIs.

Becos china got another plane called L-15 trainer. The trainer term is a bit delusive. Actually this plane can dogfight and if install with proper radar and datalink. It can be as capable as JF-17. It has a huge advantage over JF-17 that is it is twin seater. So it will solve the trainer problem while at the same time performing the role demand by small airforce.

L-15 has already gone into mass production. First shipment of Ukraine after burner engine have already ship to china for final assemble . PLAAF and 2 foreign countries have already order L-15 and will enter service end of this year.

Now u know the reason why a twin seater JF-17 never materialise? Check out the spec of L-15, it is very similar to JF-17, top speed Mach 1.6 , ferry range 3000km.

Check out YouTube for L-15 trainer air demo in Dubai airshow. It is as agile as JF-17 with max thrust 8400kg.
Most importantly, all profit from this plane will go to AVIC unlike JF-17.

Now you know the reason why desPite so many talk, any export of JF-17 to other countries never materialise..
1- L-15 is a trainer, not a fully capable combat aircraft. For turning L-15 into combat aircraft, it would need serious modifications.
2- Twin seater version of JFT is said to be funded by PAF, CAC is also interested because it would increase the appeal for it being used as dedicated attack as well as trainer aircraft. But, JFT has a very friendly interface alongwith carefree handling. Isn't it surprising that PAF has been running its training and conversion program on single seaters and has been very successful till now.
3- Range, thrust and speed are only apparent characteristics, the capabilities are essential to compare. Its sort of funny when somebody posts a comparison of different aircrafts using apparent traits such as speed, range, capacity etc and claim PAK-FA is superior to F-22 and J-20. I say how can a reshaped SU-27 derivative can be compared to F-22.

I think we should talk to BD, SRIs and other ASIAN, AFRICAN, S.AMERICAN and E.U states on the Block-IIs.

Nishan, BAF has ordered 16 [squadron] F-7BGI which would be inducted end of this Year-Next Year 2013 and Fly till 2025. In Another News BAF is also negotiating to purchase [squadron] of YAK-130/131 multipurpose apart from in Trainer Role could be used as recon-light attack. Thus their hands are full, by next 2-3 Years after complete induction of F-7BGI/YAK; they might have room to replace remaining F-7s in favor of something at the moment the rumors are sukhoi-mig.

Nishan, BAF has ordered 16 [squadron] F-7BGI which would be inducted end of this Year-Next Year 2013 and Fly till 2025. In Another News BAF is also negotiating to purchase [squadron] of YAK-130/131 multipurpose apart from in Trainer Role could be used as recon-light attack. Thus their hands are full, by next 2-3 Years after complete induction of F-7BGI/YAK; they might have room to replace remaining F-7s in favor of something at the moment the rumors are sukhoi-mig.
BAF's decision also has a very important dimension, the political ties. Unless Awami league is in the corridors of power, I dont see any good development in the bilatral relationships. From PAC's prospective, it would also be a risky sale.

1- L-15 is a trainer, not a fully capable combat aircraft. For turning L-15 into combat aircraft, it would need serious modifications.
2- Twin seater version of JFT is said to be funded by PAF, CAC is also interested because it would increase the appeal for it being used as dedicated attack as well as trainer aircraft. But, JFT has a very friendly interface alongwith carefree handling. Isn't it surprising that PAF has been running its training and conversion program on single seaters and has been very successful till now.
3- Range, thrust and speed are only apparent characteristics, the capabilities are essential to compare. Its sort of funny when somebody posts a comparison of different aircrafts using apparent traits such as speed, range, capacity etc and claim PAK-FA is superior to F-22 and J-20. I say how can a reshaped SU-27 derivative can be compared to F-22.

May I know what kind of serious modification needed to make it a basic fighter? L-15 LERX gives it a very high angle of attack and it's thrust to weight ratio is 1:1, 7 hardpoints. It's flying profile and ability is no different from JF-17.

Back
Top Bottom