What's new

Explosion sinks INS Sindhurakshak Submarine with 18 onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
07.jpg

This is the picture of the Russian submarine Kursk. Several torpedoes had exploded, but the rest of the submarine remains intact. So there is a very good chance for survival if the sailors were at the aft part of the submarine at the time of the explosion. Let's hope survivors had sealed themselves off, which should give them several days worth of oxygen to survive.

But this Indian explosion seems to be bigger one. Also there are not just a single submarine rather 2 or 3 of them in total...

now i ask my final question, is there by any chance, i mean any chance, any possibility of radioactive leak from warhead explosions?

Very nice question!!!

Really if the missiles on board the submarines were nuclear capable then it might be possible that due to some heat problem they might have exploded.

no policy sometime they parked like this
pakistani agustas
4fRVd.jpg

YGSnA.jpg

I am also sure that these 3 Kilo Submarines were also standing with each other like that.

Interesting the Mumbai fire brigade have withdrawn to leave the IN to deal with this themselves.

The naval bases usually have their own fire brigades. It might be possible that they fire is no longer upto the extent for the Mumbai fire brigade to continue....

But this Indian explosion seems to be bigger one. Also there are not just a single submarine rather 2 or 3 of them in total...

Very nice question!!!

Really if the missiles on board the submarines were nuclear capable then it might be possible that due to some heat problem they might have exploded.

and our member @wanglaokan, was jumping up and down asking "let us help, let us help"

are babba.... wait and see.... if that is true, then he must thank me that i saved him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky news says there are unconfirmed reports about missile parts being found in the dockyard...There was something wrong with the batteries which might have caused the missiles to explode!

It can turn into a big disaster if the submarine was a nuclear one.I wish the fire will never reach near the nuclear reactor inside the submarine and may god help those trapped submariners .

Mera bhai... They don't keep the subs ARMED NUCLEAR in peace time.

Even in war time they don't arm it with nuclear missiles unless a threat of unconventional warfare is available...

This submarine has sunk , another one parked in the vicinity is damaged of the same Kilo class . Fire brigades were called for two other naval ships , initial reports said . No news on the ships .

You are sounding wise, as the ships near by might have damaged due the exploding of the 3 Submarines....

very conflicting reports coming... i have a feeling that it was something bigger than what we are assuming...

i guess media has not been allowed there...

because their sat cam resolution is superior...

remember.., when Liaoning made the first sailing... usa took a sat photo and gave it to the media

From news and reports as well; I suggest that the missiles on board these submarines have been exploded which might be of N-Capable that have caused this massive explosion and I am 80% sure that all 3 Kilos have been damaged.

Very nice question!!!

I am also sure that these 3 Kilo Submarines were also standing with each other like that.

Only one submarine is involved in the explosion(s), the other two were simply collateral damage and both got away pretty much intact.

from the one picture i've seen, it is more than just damaged - probably a total loss. this sub had a fire in 2010 also. so safety seems to be the issue.

sad loss of 18 brave sailors - RIP

here you go with another PIC they parked them like this too
its same place mumbay naval base with old image

20100901INDIANKILOS.jpg

Not just two parked like this but rather 3 of them and their explosion have damaged the facility of the Dockyard as well as the Ships near by for which the Fire Tenders have been working on...

3 Submarines might be under water..

You can't be serious, there is 18 lives inside. we can deploy this to help.

sub.jpg

Hey bright boy, The men are dead as any body who saw the video of the explosion and has any clue of submarines will tell you so. The submarine was alongside a wharf and everybody knows the depth in Mumbai Base is approx 8 meters at low water and about 10 meters at High Water so if it is resting at the bottom you could still walk on it. Your DSRV is useless. The Indian Navy has been very careless in the last 10 years and have lost a Missile Corvette, Leander Frigate and now two submarines. I am saying two because the chatter on the Naval websites are very reliable and claim both submarines were berthed side by side. Usually when a submarine is fully armed it is kept in seclusion and hence Indian Navy has to explain and come out with the truth why it was berthed in a crowded part of the dockyard . I know the Indian press is stating that only one submarine sank but my information is two and if that is true India's capability is severely hampered. If I was in-charge of Ops in the PN I would be happy. Only silver lining is that it happened in Harbor so the truth will be easy to find out.

Only one submarine is involved in the explosion(s), the other two were simply collateral damage and both got away pretty much intact.

Can't say as the video is showing many explosion coming from near by locations....

Wait and see as reports say submarine also exploded and 3rd one is damaged; later they will say 3rd one is also damaged too.

If the damage to Sindhurakshak was accidental then damage to Sindhuratna was man-made having been parked close to another Sub.
Even if this happens to be normal procedure in other countries as well , time has come to review this procedure. Damage to another sub could have been avoided if it had been docked afar . We can't undo what has happened but hopefully prevent repetition of these mistakes. This is major blow to Indian Navy . Such loss is not acceptable even in war time .

Everyone knows when it comes to maintenance our record is not very good ! Time to buckle up !!!

now i ask my final question, is there by any chance, i mean any chance, any possibility of radioactive leak from warhead explosions?

There was no nuclear weapon/nuclear reactor on-board, so there must be no radioactive leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom