What's new

Explosion in Karachi

According to some reports, famous TV actor, Sajid Hasan lost his brother and bhabhi in these attacks. Sajid Hasan was also injured:

Actor Sajid Hasan was coming out of the smoke billowed site. “My whole family comprising my three brothers, sister and nephews were with me when the blast took place. I still can’t find my elder brother and some of my other family members,” he said sounding desperate. “I myself have been hit by shrapnel,” he informed as he lifted his shirt; he was wounded, but hardly realized. “My nephew has been badly hurt and I hope someone has managed to shift him to the hospital.”

Describing the scene moments before the blast took place, Sajid said: “The procession was moving ahead smoothly. We passed by a camp set up by a Memon merchant and I stopped to have a word with an old man sitting at the roadside. When the blast took place, I felt something sharp hit me. I instinctively fell on the ground immediately. When I got up, I saw the old man lying dead in front of me.”

“There was a complete pandemonium and chaos thereafter. A dark cloud of smoke had engulfed the place and the first thing that came to my mind was to find out where was my family.” Sajid added that he heard sounds of gunfire and screams almost immediately after the blast.

It was reported later that his brother and sister-in-law both had expired in the tragedy.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Horror in Karachi

No words in the world can tell the pain he is going through , May Allah save his nephew (we all should pray for that).

Burning 400+ shops is no random and easy job, its by people who are expert in such incidents and acts, people who are on the look out for such opportunities.
How could it all be done so fast, without pre-planning and organization? And what would the motive be? From this distance, it doesn't smell like a TTP job to me. And ill-behaved mobs seem very unlike Al Qaeda. It does feel more "sectarian" than anything else. Could it be a local real estate mogul out to pick up property on the cheap, utilizing sectarian conflict to achieve his ends?

Karachi blast: Geo reporter’s son, niece among victims

KARACHI: Senior reporter of Geo News Faheem Siddiqui’s son and niece have been killed in Karachi suicide blast while the reporter is also injured.

He was present at the Muharram procession when the blast occurred.

Faheem’s 6-year old son, Bazal Siddiqui, and 13-year old niece, Anzalna Hanif were among the deceased while Faheem got injuries on his legs.

He was taken to Jinnah Hospital and later shifted to Aga Khan Hospital, where his legs were operated.

Doctors said his condition is under control now.

Karachi blast: Geo reporter?s son, niece among victims | What is Next?

Sky News was reporting two explosions, one being a suicide blast,
Looking at the footage, i may be wrong, but this one certainly doesn't look like a suicide blast. The size, the severity and above all the smoke/dust cloud indicates towards ground concealed explosives.

Its becoz 16 KG of C4 has been used, making it appear such a huge explosion and deadly explosion, plus TV channels reported the ranger took the bomber to the ground.

How could it all be done so fast, without pre-planning and organization? And what would the motive be? From this distance, it doesn't smell like a TTP job to me. And ill-behaved mobs seem very unlike Al Qaeda. It does feel more "sectarian" than anything else. Could it be a local real estate mogul out to pick up property on the cheap, utilizing sectarian conflict to achieve his ends?

The mobs were not TTP nor AQ nor their planned thing. Its sectarian but not for the objectives you mentioned.

We have a history of sectarian conflict.

I saw news on BBC, there were people targeting police vehicles, this is height of stupidity. These guys was working day and night for your security, is this what they deserve.

Crap... the fire at Boulton Market is still not under control... some channels are running tickers of 3 days mourning...

The mobs were not TTP nor AQ nor their planned thing. Its sectarian but not for the objectives you mentioned.

We have a history of sectarian conflict.

Well they're clearly unleashing their hatred on the supposed ''yazidees'' followers, poor rangers and policemen, who happen to be there to protect the shias.

unfortunately you can't convince the sectarianists

the processions have been there for 60 years and it will carry on till judgement day no matter if you think they are obligatory or non-obligatory point is they are conducted since long ... so as other events like sufis .Mashaikhs ,Auliyas and many other cultural or religious events .. ! if you think they shall stop you are giving up my friend .. we say NO to any one who think him or them have the right to kill pakistani fellowmen just becuase they dont agree with the their sect or beleif and it applies on all religions practiced in Pak.

The shia top clergy in Iran banned public matam sessions realizing that it serves no Islamic purpose other than exposing a strange religious practice that rather does a very poor PR job for them in the world.

No point in discussing this further if you hold the belief that those processions are sacred and above and beyond the sanctity of an innocent human life.

You certainly have this deep hatred inside you about mqm but they are voted by millions so you are prety offensive to a lot of ppl ! not that you give a **** but MQM nor any political party has nothing to gain from this if you are refering to the carnage carried out by mobs.
I have hatred for all parties that are inclined to break and disrespect the law of the land and particularly those terrorize people into political submission, regardless of the party ethnicity, religion etc. they belong to.

With all the vote riggings and threatening and bullying opposition, no surprize they get elected every time ....unchallenged.

Wrong my friend you have no idea 27th of december we were on the streets and all saw who carried out the siege of khi ! i dont want to name any one as its going to raise more hatred amonst us. May be u will get successfull in your flame bait but your BS remarks towards MQM doesnt solve a thing except raise more tensions, !

So why don't you enlighten us who carried out the attacks?

MQM is to be blamed because they're in power and it's their responsibility to provide security to the people of Karachi. They should be made to answer for administrative incompetence that led to this crisis.

Musharraf condemns Karachi blast

ISLAMABAD: Former President Pervez Musharraf said terrorism should be whitewashed in order to improve the security and peace condition in the country.

Talking to Barrister Saif Ali on telephone, Pervez Musharraf condemned the Karachi blast and expressed his concerns over ongoing terrorism activities.

He urged the nation to unite and remain calm. He further said war against terrorism should continue.
Musharraf condemns Karachi blast - GEO.tv

33 dead and 80 wounded

Where are those ppl who wants gov to have a dialogue with these sons of b****es:angry:.

I am wondering why they havent released the videos of the riot to the news, which they did with the blast. There are cameras all over the place and they must have captured it. then we could find out who these idots are.

to stop these attacks you could have a lot of cameras, the one who can see through your clothes. But this is not going to stop any time soon. First they need to close the borders and then start cleaning up, and then make more cities so that so many people dont live in the same place, like karachi, lahore, etc.

wow, Karachiites are unbelievable, one suicide attack in two years and they're running amuck setting fire to vehicles and over a thousand shops. Look at the people of Peshawar, one single bombing in the market there killed over 120 people, but they remained peaceful, look at the people of Pindi and Islamabad where bombings have been carried out in public, universties and even in Majids and yet they remained peaceful, look at the people of Lahore, the bombing in Moon Market took a huge human and financial toll and even they stayed peaceful.

Now with this wonderful display of their humanity karachiites have shown ttp where to attack, get ready.

The bomb attack was on the religious freedom and expression. They went on attack whatever come across. Even in india after friday prayer, they attack and create disturbance. People store weapons, stones in mosque. They attack from the mosque on the police and other religion procession.

Not for the sake of the TTP rats, but for the sake of your own security. Last time i checked those processions are not religiously binding nor they're obligatory on muslims, and Pakistan being at war with Al Qaeda thugs who're known for having a tit-for-tat rivalry with shias, common sense dictates that shia's processions would be counterproductive as they would open an another avenue for terrorists to unleash terrorism.

Let the military finish them off first then you may carry out processions as per your likings.

I agree with this, wth is wrong with our people, the entire country is war, suicide bombing almost everyday, and they're carrying out their massive processions. No amount of security can cover such large scale people gathering. And honestly, this entire shiites procession thing, beating chests, using knives and whips, it's lunacy.

Back
Top Bottom