What's new

Explosion in Karachi

We will keep on blaming foreign agencies and TTP for everything that is happening in our country but the bitter truth is that we are responsible for all of this. What foreign agents or TTP were looting and setting fire to the shops? they were all Pakistanis.
What foreign agents and TTP were setting fire to factories, shops and trains and looting banks and raping girls after benazirs death?
There are shouts of Blackwater presence in our country but who's houses are they renting and what Ex-SSG are they recruiting?
The situation will keep getting worse till the time we sit in our houses and conveniently blame others for what is happening in our country. I will only blame ourselves for what we are facing today.
Wake up before its too late.

Last edited:
It is definetly pre planned. A shia maulana named naqvi just said on ary that this has to be pre planned, and that lay enforcement should concentrate on the people who brought chemicals and a lot of fuel to the shops to burn them. This is to make a civil war between mqm and anp.
Everyone entering the procession was thoroughly checked and there's very little chance that a group of people was there waiting with chemicals and 'lots of fuel'.

The pathan shopkeepers were not targeted, the blast happened just across the road, the people got agitated and started to destroy the first thing they could, which happened to be the light house market and the KMC building.

As for the 'chemical theory' the light house market has hundreds of shops selling second hand clothes and used shoes, you don't need a lot of fuel to burn those and there were no firefighters there for atleast an hour after the blast, plenty of time for the fire to take hold.

But these people who do such things are also Pakistanis. They live in the same country and same city why would you do something like this to your own countrymen. It is the responsibility of the state to provide security, if people will pick up arms for their own protection the situation will go out of hands.

Rangers and Police departments are biggest defaulters of government utility dapartments ,how you expect that they will protect government and public property?

Where judges ,police officers were appointed based on corruption and poltical affiliations ,peace and security can not be restored.

A spokesman for the paramilitary Rangers said one of their members died as he pinned down the suicide bomber, claiming that otherwise the blast would have inflicted far more casualties.

"Our soldier Abdul Razzaq spotted the suicide bomber and jumped on him and both fell to the road after which the bomber exploded himself," spokesman Major Mohammad Aurangzeb told AFP.

So Rangers gave their lives away in protecting the people of Karachi , they should give them some respect.

This person has show act of courage that is incomparable, it is people like this that are needed.

I don't really understand the behavior of people of Karachi.Okay a attack happened but why the **** would you burn property and then blame everything on police.Look at brave people of Peshawar they face these kind of attacks daily but they dont whine like Karachities.

Actions of some can't be blamed on the entire city my friend. Most Talibans are either Pushtoon or Punjabi but no one can/should blame the entire Pushtoon or Punjabi population of Pakistan.

I am sure that majority of Karachites, whether Sunni or Shia, whether Urdu speaking or non Urdu speaking, condemn these riots.

Rangers and Police departments are biggest defaulters of government utility dapartments ,how you expect that they will protect government and public property?

Where judges ,police officers were appointed based on corruption and poltical affiliations ,peace and security can not be restored.

And the very same Government that appoints Law enforcement officials come into power with our votes.
So who should we blame ?

Numerous policemen have sacrificed their lives to prevent these attacks from happening, even today a brave soldier saved many more lives that could've been lost.

These people put their lives on the line everyday and don't get any appreciation in return.

Show them some respect please.

well said instead of acussations and silly speculations we must focus on this disastrous event .. my point is this strech of MA Jinnah road for those who knew khi well is the only place where the largest amount of pukhtoons hold businesses.. so correct me if i am wrong but the enemy behind wanted to kill as many mourners to increase sectarian tensions on the other hand it takes a few more miscreants who can provoke anger in the crowds and direct them towards the shops.
That's exactly what i was implying in my initial posts and some members took it wrong, we have had bomb and suicide attacks in all major cities across Pakistan but thank fully Karachi was pretty much spared however as witnessed, such terrorist attacks only strengthened the nation's resolve, but attacking a religious procession was bound to create a backlash and then the vested interests were there to add fuel to the fire.

Numerous policemen have sacrificed their lives to prevent these attacks from happening, even today a brave soldier saved many more lives that could've been lost.

These people put their lives on the line everyday and don't get any appreciation in return.

I second this thought and would like to add that our police force and agencies have done a great job in preventing higher number of casualties.

From Karachi to Peshawer, our security forces and police and other agencies have sacrificed their lives for their countryemn. Hats off to Abdul Razzaq Shaheed and many others!!

Lets find these terrorists and also those rioters who are worst than vulchers.

These thugs are nothing other than political activists taking part in every political protest and long march.
ANP is sure is complicit in harboring TTP elements in NWFP and Karachi.

Their is no link between TTP and ANP ,ANP leadership is hidding in Islamabad due to fear of suiciodel attackes of TTP.

We need to get ride of our corrupt leadership , which is root cause of all corruption and insecurity in our country, intelligence and security forces are also corrupted by these politicians who are authorised for their transfers and appointments.

Since you have revised your intent, all one can suggest is that perhaps you should write more clearly. And tone down your liberal use of expressions such as "character" and "rant" because you can get as good as you give. Or better.

I am not revising anything as that was my original intention, and when other party resorts to degrading words then obviously some form of reply is in place and should be expected. period.

Actions of some can't be blamed on the entire city my friend. Most Talibans are either Pushtoon or Punjabi but no one can/should blame the entire Pushtoon or Punjabi population of Pakistan.

I am sure that majority of Karachites, whether Sunni or Shia, whether Urdu speaking or non Urdu speaking, condemn these riots.

I blame the entire city of karachi for electing MQM - a terrorist party - to represent them.

Ever since MQM has been in power, thugs looters and criminals have had a free rein in Karachi under their leadership.

Be honest to yourself and ask why these incidents don't happen in any other city in the whole country?

Guess what? people can't even file a complaint against them in courts, because as history shows, they're simply kill you or go burn the court house as they've done before.

they're no better than the TTP in my humble opinion, though far more connived political terrorists and criminals

We have respect for our police man , I am blaming the local administration and big shot sitting in their AC Offices and government rest house enjoying free utilities , civilian are bearing their salary and luxourous life style for what?

I blame the entire city of karachi for electing MQM - a terrorist party - to represent them.

Ever since MQM has been in power, thugs looters and criminals have had a free rein in Karachi under their leadership.

Be honest to yourself and ask why these incidents don't happen in any other city in the whole country?

Guess what? people can't even file a complaint against them in courts, because as history shows, they're simply kill you or go burn the court house as they've done before.

they're no better than the TTP in my humble opinion, though far more connived political terrorists and criminals

Yaar I am no fan of MQM myself but quite frankly what has MQM got to do with this?

One of the previous post is from the cousin of a shop owner who said that people got our of control and attack shops etc.

As far as the people of Karachi are concerned, what other choices do people in Karachi have??

How many times did NS or Imran Khan or BB met the ordinary people of Karachi?? From Mustufa Kamal to Farooq Sattar, all of these guys visit their areas and meet with people.

Other politicians of Pakistan have actually surrendered Karachi to MQM.

What about the work done by Mustufa Kamal? There are reasons for support for MQM.

Show support to the victims in this thread and leave Karachite bashing for an another thread :)

I want to quote something I said when there was a blast in Multan at the ISI building.

Barrett said:
For heavens sake, we all know that the politicians are a bunch of incompetent and corrupt fools so why should we expect anything from them or from the ones who will replace them, they are tried and tested more then a couple of times.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.
To dare: that is the whole secret of revolutions and in retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.

WAKE UP!

Back
Top Bottom