What's new

Exercise Indradhanush: Indian Airforce and Royal Airforce

Indian Airforce should have 50 Squadrons, that is 1000 fighters in my opinion, Where it should have more heavy fighters as offensive platforms, and light fighters for defence. Also other squadrons of Bombers, AWACS, Refuelers, Gunships, Cargo of Medium, LArge;

Malay,

Both Typhoons and Tornado's are taking part

Sir,

I expect the Typhoons to win

Hi Hi Hi lets make it interesting If India wins or even break even, I win you send me 10 Dollors and if the TY wins now you said hands down than I will send you $10/- Its a bet.:lol: :chilli:

Sir,

Are you telling me that MKI will win against the Typhoon. I consider a MKI a good contender but somehow the Typhoon is a much advanced version.

Adu.

Sorry Adux, Typhoon, though undoubtedly superior still does not have the abilities to 'wipe the floor' with the Su-30. It wont be a cake walk for the Typhoon either. Please dont underestimate the Su-30 and over estimate the Typhoon.

e0a01b70d657ee22bbd4072b203b6a7c.jpg

ce264e530cb015a3aa5499861acc06bf.jpg

dc898b37cfd303012641f87ff518cdd9.jpg

12c34ef16a4b2471671736386c6c94b8.jpg

e18b3e1711b36f0415c0a914b8a6b7f9.jpg

b35af63e4521376bff9488d753e93b46.jpg

why dont they? saving money?

I am sure we dont have money ;),
on a serious note, i think it is a continuation of the russian traditions and influence's. They have a history colouring wheel disk's army green and cockpits teal and IAF isnt exactly known for its style. But i have to say their new flight-suits are amazing and trendy.

PAF always had superior training and superior technology in 1960's and 1970's... things have slowly changed here.

Right but while things have improved for the IAF, PAF has always invested heavily on pilot training from the get go. Pilot training is still top-notch in the PAF...as newer technology becomes available (in the pipe-line) and as PAF gets exposure to multi-national exercises (AE series), PAF is bound to stay competetive in terms ok training and skillsets.

Blain,

I am sure PAF has a leagacy, that they will make sure their skillsets is never lost, and the lamp is passed on from one generation to the other.
What I see in the IAF, is the quatuam leaps they have made in Tactics, Weaponary and Training. There is a difference, and it is welcome change and long overdue. Now all I wish for is some more style in the IAF...lol

My two bits.

Everybody is talking about the superb aero-dynamics of the IAF Su-30 MKs in UK. Just saw a news clip. The IAF must be really proud that they can fly all the way here with their own air tankers.

Regards

My two bits.

Everybody is talking about the superb aero-dynamics of the IAF Su-30 MKs in UK. Just saw a news clip. The IAF must be really proud that they can fly all the way here with their own air tankers.

Regards

Yes we are, I am just hoping our idiotic babu's can increase their payscale's and attract better talent. Anyways it seems IAF is the best news in UK now.

IAF's Sukhois attract attention at RAF airshow

NEW DELHI, JUL 2 (PTI)
The Indian Air Force's frontline Sukhoi-30 MKI fighters, which are away in England to test their mettle against the fourth generation Euro fighters, stole the show at the two-day Royal Air Force (RAF) Waddington International Air Show 2007.

In the show, which had an electric mix of flying machines - military and civil, vintage and modern - the Indian Sukhois stole the thunder.

The visitors at the static part of the air-show were an instant draw with both air crew and aviation enthusiasts were seen persuading the IAF air warriors to part with their squadron and aircraft badges for keepsakes, an IAF spokesman said.

It was not only the English, but also Norwegians who were awe-struck by the Sukhois. Lieutenants Elden and Nordtun, F-16 pilots from the sniper squadron of the Norwegian Air Force, asked the IAF pilots if the Sukhois could come for air-shows in their country.

The IAF was declared 'Best Static Display' among a hundred aircraft of various types on show.

The IAF Sukhois jet-fighters and their air-warrior pilots will match flying skill with the Euro-fighter Typhoon during the Indo-British joint air exercises 'Indradhanush 07' which began today.

Back
Top Bottom