Credit- TEEJ

79d21f19ed8d18e8af6db143515675d0.jpg

f72b3f8a073339186b2568877d8352fa.jpg

6c1b668be1e8dd887767137b1047a563.jpg

1ab431d444b6c433258bcc1132caad33.jpg

29b13ac0fe6535c4245aebc0444eed51.jpg

0034673972d1c7869234cffa288a3bae.jpg

look at the sheer size of the IL..

Those IL-76 engines probably makes out one of the loudest noise when flying.
My office being right next to the Bangalore airport, the noise of these engines are constant feature.
One evening an IL-76 flew over my office and my ..I should say the noise was unbearable and every glass in my office was vibrating.

A few Brits in my office also got a taste of the noise IAF can make :devil:

Adux excellent photos buddy.

I dont think this is a fair exercise SU vs tornados. They should have made it interesting the first part which was in India RAF used Tornados and got there ***** kicked in this one RAF should use typhoons
Su vs typhoon would be fantastic. There is no doubt that IAF pilots have shown the world that they are good at what they do with what they have.
I picked this from the iet
As is now customary, the Indian Air Force was at great pains to explain that the exercises were about training, joint formations and lessons learned and not so much about who scored more hits. This has to do with the attitude of being gracious hosts and not wanting to stir up a controversy. The Royal Air Force, on the other hand, were perfectly candid on the outcome of the exercises. This was refreshing and a sign of their professionalism in handling media.

The fact of the matter was that the RAF's Tornados were overwhelmed in the exercises by the presence of the Su-30 MKI, the Bison and the tactics of the Indian Air Force. To quote Air Commodore Julian Stinton, "The Indian Air Force did very well, thank you very much."

Answering specific questions on the role and performace of the Su-30 MKI in these exercises, the Air Commodore added, "the RAF pilots who flew the Su-30 came back with a silly smile on their faces." When asked about whether the Su-30MKI vs Tornado match up was unfair, the Air Commodore who I interviewed extensively had this to say about the MKI: "This is a third straight or fourth generation fighter behind me ... absolutely wonderful piece of kit ... I would love to fly it ... that (pointing to Tornado) is a maginificent warplane ... its 1980s technology ... If you want to put this in Star Wars terms, that is a Battle Station and this is an X Wing fighter." "In the dog fight arena, there was no comparison."

This isn't to say that the British Tornados didn't have their share of kills. Referring to BVR engagements, the Air Commodore said "In the BVR arena, if there was a trap, then there was a trap."

Now some specifics:

* The two sides used notional missiles which had ranges of 20 miles and 18 miles.
* British Tornados flying mixed formations with Indian jets communicated information which they were picking up on their data links.
* Several systems on the Tornados and the Sukhoi remained classified.
* IAF Su-30 pilots did not reveal the ECM or ECCM characteristics of the radar.
* Air to air refuelling was used in the large force engagement exercises which were conducted in an airspace of 120 km by 60 km and involved 4 vs 4 engagements.
*The British referred to the exercises as an immense success.
* The Tornado pilots were by and large far more experienced than their IAF counterparts. Some of the pilots had flown 4000 hours plus.

Thats all I can remember right now

Sir,

IAF has put so much into training from the mid 1990's. They have transformed a hell lot of those training. I have to say Israeli's helped quite a lot in Airforce training. PAF always had superior training and superior technology in 1960's and 1970's... things have slowly changed here.

THis is time it is the Sukhoi's vs Typhoon's in the UK, though Tornado's will be a part of the ex. But i have to say the Typhoon's will sweep the floor

You know what, they should paint the Sukhoi's wheel disk WHITE rather than stupid Green

Sir,

IAF has put so much into training from the mid 1990's. They have transformed a hell lot of those training. I have to say Israeli's helped quite a lot in Airforce training. PAF always had superior training and superior technology in 1960's and 1970's... things have slowly changed here.

THis is time it is the Sukhoi's vs Typhoon's in the UK, though Tornado's will be a part of the ex. But i have to say the Typhoon's will sweep the floor

Remember one thing a good pilot can out manouvers the machine.Pros and cons SU is very quick in High-g turns but Big in Target.

I thought the Su's wil actually compete with the Typhoons at waddington? Is RAF using tornadoes again?

No adux, things are changing and slowly at that. The induction of Hawks for the IAF was the first sign. At the end of the day, our pilots are not getting the required numbers in the air, simply becaues of shortages of physical planes in the inventory. And the ones that are there, are aving their frame life shortened much faster than normal because of the number of pilots flying them.

Only the MRCA and the LCA will goto help that, nothing else.

Our Navy is still confused in what they want for their aviation wing. They still are not making concerted efforts to acquire the Goshawks from US, they are the naval counterparts of Hawk. The MiG training facilities of IAF, which IN is currently using is absolutely sh*t.

Though IAF has started moving more and more towards using simulators, and this is a very welcome change. The simulators in the future will impart more and more training to the pilots of both IAF and IN. However we quite simply put, need more planes. Those planes are being acquired though slowly, and i frankly donot understand the governments apathy towards fast tracking this process. I am dumbfounded by the babu's reluctance in issuing even the friggin RFP's, let alone have trials and price negotiations.

Back
Top Bottom