What's new

Energy Marriage - Saudi Arabia and India

Bit off topic but,
On the contrary, aren't you saying the same to Babri Mosque....Gujarat genocide... Kashmir cause....etc. etc.

Can you compare Al-Aqsa with Babri mosque?? Al-Aqsa our first Qiblah and third holiest site in Islam??. Even though after seeing here how Indians revel on the killing of Muslims and how they are more Zionist than Israelis themselves I have to say I do not like anything coming out of that country anymore.

If Pakistanis wish to recognize Israel as a legitimate country even though we don't then by all means no one is stopping you. However last time I check both Pakistan and India acknowledge the existence of each other and without a doubt I stand behind Pakistan in the Kashmir Issue even our media calls it "Occupied Kashmir". This latest stunt by India to "Entice Tourists into Kashmir" will ring for a while in all three countries.

And Aryan_B by your logic Makkah and Madinah are currently occupied by Non-Muslim powers correct??

You need to look at your own history before blaming any other nation of being an american lapdog.

We have had political leaders who have been bribed or bullied to support Americans. It has often been named as a transactional relationship. On the whole our public are very anti american. You and your countrymen need an ally whether it be Russia or America as you know you can kicked like pop corn by the Chinese with whom you have issues with. Further its propaganda that you are not close allies of Americans since your ruling establishment gave up on the Soviets and excepted a uni polar world in the early nineties to date. Pakistan has never excepted even now this uni polar view of the world.

Anyway we digress Saudis are lapdogs of Americans and are carrying out their diktat

We don't have to be support Palestinian cause to our detriment. Indians here claim to support Palestinian cause but are friends with Israel we should do the same. Yes we support Palestinian cause just like Turks or even the Indians. Recognition of Israel is a must if we are to look after our country first like others do.

There may be a difference of opinion, but one can not but help to acknowledge Pervez Musharraf's insight that "Why do Pakistanis feel obliged to show concern and speak for the entire Muslim world." ??. We need to address our own interests first, and not to bring life to a stand still for the sake of others.

There may be a difference of opinion, but one can not but help to acknowledge Pervez Musharraf's insight that "Why do Pakistanis feel obliged to show concern and speak for the entire Muslim world." ??. We need to address our own interests first, and not to bring life to a stand still for the sake of others.

Thank you Winjammerji exactly the point i was trying to make by putting this thread. Saudis I have no problem them being American monkeys or dealing with India they can do what they want that they think is in their interest I simply don't care. We must do whats best for Pakistan first and I honestly believe that we have no reasons to be make enemies of Israel. So far in my life I have had Jewish partners and friends, I also have come across some Saudi Arabs and to be honest the Jews I have come across are people that I would rather know and spend time with than the Saudis but that might be just the ones I have met

The US Fifth Fleet is there for dual purpose. I am sure it has been made very clear to the Saudis that the American guns can point both ways. It's not going to be easy to free yourselves from America.

Saudi Arabia is not a sovereign country. It is just an outpost of American influence in the region. Without American support Saudi regime can not survive three weeks. And if they ever take on American, the Saudi regime can not even survive three days. Saddam who was much more powerful than Saudi regime fought just 22 days. These guys can not even fight chickens, let alone the fifth fleet. Fighting a real army needs lots of courage. Anyways, US does not need to change the regime in Saudi Arabia. They have always been the best servants of American interests and Saudi regime is even proud of serving US, so this relation will continue into future.

We don't have to be support Palestinian cause to our detriment. Indians here claim to support Palestinian cause but are friends with Israel we should do the same. Yes we support Palestinian cause just like Turks or even the Indians. Recognition of Israel is a must if we are to look after our country first like others do.

Like I wrote elsewhere, any mythical benefits from Israel are imaginary. Israelis are not stupid. Not one single thing will change for Pakistan. Not one.

Any military technology we get, you can bet your bottom dollar India will get 10x better technology.

Yes, this is the same Musharraf who was ready to give up the Kashmir cause by making LOC permanent.

Saudi Arabia is not a sovereign country. It is just an outpost of American influence in the region. Without American support Saudi regime can not survive three weeks. And if they ever take on American, the Saudi regime can not even survive three days. Saddam who was much more powerful than Saudi regime fought just 22 days. These guys can not even fight chickens, let alone the fifth fleet. Fighting a real army needs lots of courage. Anyways, US does not need to change the regime in Saudi Arabia. They have always been the best servants of American interests and Saudi regime is even proud of serving US, so this relation will continue into future.

Can you imagine if the Saudis stopped accepting the dollar? The end of the suuppppa powwwa i reckon?

:lol: your country is the biggest lapdog after the independence...

Read Ayub khan -- Our army is your army ...master US

Don't shy away by taking the name of your Beloved Pakistani army who was in love with american arms. Don't forget more than half the years you have been ruled by Generals. so blame them also who was also licking white *****.

Everyone needs an ally but that should be based on Mutual respect and equality. we have followed this principle you failed miserably because of the habit of having free dinner. We never gave up soviets they themselves have got broken thanks to you.

Indian read and learn instead of trolling see what your former Ambassador said before you go off at a tangent:

I would say that M.K.Bhadrakumar a diplomat in the Indian Foreign Service. Devoted 3-decade long career to the Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran desks in the Ministry of External Affairs and in assignments on the territory of the former Soviet Union. Other diplomatic assignments abroad included as Ambassador to Turkey and Uzbekistan and Acting/Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad, besides postings in the Indian Missions in Bonn, Colombo and Seoul. Briefly held charge as Charge d’Affaires in the Indian embassies in Kuwait and Kabul knows more than you arm chair internet warriors this is what he had to say
:

Dai Bingguo heading for Islamabad

Francis Fukuyama wrote a sequel to his celebrated book The End of History and the Last Man (1992) no sooner than he realised that he was hopelessly wrong in his prediction that the global triumph of political and economic liberalism was at hand. He wrote: “What we may be witnessing is not just the end of the Cold War, or the crossing of a particular period of postwar history, but the end of history as such… That is, the end point of mankind’s ideological evolution and the universalization of Western democracy as the final form of human government.” But in no time he realised his rush to judgment and he retracted with another book.

However, unlike the celebrated American neocon thinker, Indian foreign policy thinkers who were heavily influenced by his 1992 thesis are yet to retract. The Indian discourses through the 1990s drew heavily from Fukuyama to throw overboard the scope for reinventing or reinterpreting ‘non-alignment’ in the post-Cold War setting and came to a rapid judgment that Russia belonged to the dustbin of history. Our discourses never really got updated despite Fukumaya’s own retraction.

Indeed, western commentators also fuelled the consequent sense of insecurity in Delhi through the 1990s by endorsing that India would never have a ‘Russia option’ again and Boris Yeltsin’s Russia itself was inexorably becoming an ‘ally’ of the west — and, therefore, what alternative is there for India but to take to the New American Century project? Remember the drama of the Bill Clinton administration arm-twisting Yeltsin not to give to India the cryogentic engines?

In sum, India got entrapped in a ‘unipolar predicament’. The best elucidation of this self-invited predicament has been the masterly work titled Crossing the Rubicon by Raja Mohan, which was of course widely acclaimed in the US. While releasing the book at a function in Delhi, the then National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra even admitted that India’s main foreign policy challenge was somehow to engage the US’s “attention”.

Russia, of course, went on to prove our pundits completely wrong. Russia remerged as a global player and the evidence of it is today spread (and is poised to expand) all across global theatres — Libya, Syria, Iran, Central Asia, Afghanistan, etc.
Why I am underscoring all this is that I am strongly reminded of that sad chapter in the recent history of India’s foreign policy when I see the huge ‘psywar’ being let loose on Pakistan currently when that country too is at a crossroads with regard to its future policy directions in a highly volatile external enviornment.

In Pakistan’s case, the ‘psywar’ substitutes Russia with China. The US’s ‘Track II’ thesis is that China is hopelessly marooned in its own malaise so much so that it has no time, interest or resources to come to Pakistan’s aid, the two countries’ ‘all-weather friendship’ notwithstanding. Let me cull out two fine pieces of this ongoing ‘psywar’.

One is the lengthy article featured by America’s prestigious flag-carrier Foreign Affairs magazine in early December titled “China’s Pakistan conundrum”. Its argument is: ‘China will not simply bail out Pakistan with loans, investment, and aid, as those watching the deterioration of US-Pakistani relations seem to expect. China will pursue politics, security, and geopolitical advantage regardless of Islamabad’s preferences’. It puts forth the invidious argument that China’s real use for Pakistan is only to “box out New Delhi in Afghanistan and the broader region.”

Alongside the argument is the highly-tendentious vector that is beyond easy verification, namely, that US and China are increasingly ‘coordinating’ their policies toward Pakistan. Diplomacy is part dissimulation and we simply don’t know whether the US and China are even anywhere near beginning to ‘coordinate’ about ‘coordinating’ their regional policies in South Asia, especially with regard to Pakistan (and Afghanistan). The odds are that while the US and China may have some limited convergent interests, conceivably, their strategic interests are most certainly in sharp conflict.

A milder version of this frontal attack by US pundits on Pakistan’s existential dilemma appears in Michael Krepon’s article last week titled ‘Pakistan’s Patrons’, which, curiously, counsels Islamabad to follow India’s foreign-policy footsteps and make up with the US. Krepon literally suggests that the Pakistanis are living in a fool’s paradise.

The obvious thrust of this ‘psywar’ — strikingly similar to what India was subjected to in the 1990s — is that Pakistan has no option but to fall in line with the US regional strategies, as it has no real ‘China option’. The main difference between India and Pakistan is that the foreign policy elites in Islamabad — unlike their Indian counterparts — are not inclined to buy into the US argument with a willing suspension of disbelief. In a way, the Sino-Pakistan relationship is proving once again to be resilient. Pakistan is in no mood to get into a ‘unipolar predicament’, as the Indian elites willingly did in the 1990s.

Thus, the visit by the Chinese delegation led by State Councilor, Dai Bingguo to Islamabad at this point in time assumes much significance. Dai is one of the highest-ranking figures in the Chinese foreign-policy establishment and the fact he is leading a delegation that includes of senior Chinese military officials is very significant. Dai is scheduled to meet not only Pakistan’s political leadership at the highest level but also army chief Ashfaq Kayani and ISI head Ahmed Shuja Pasha.

Obviously, Beijing is making a big point through the timing of this visit as well, which, incidentally, is taking place at a time of great uncertainties in Pakistan’s internal affairs. When it comes to relations with China, it must be assumed that Pakistan’s civil and military leaderships are together.

Dai doesn’t really have a US counterpart as he is ranked above the FM. Arguably, it would be secretary of state Hillary Clinton. If so, to what extent Dai ‘coordinated’ his proposed visit with Clinton will be of particular interest. The future of the US’s ‘psywar’ on Pakistan is at stake.

The big question is whether this would be Dai’s last major trip to South Asia, as he is a key member of President Hu Jintao’s team and China is moving into a period of transition at the leadership level. Dai’s visit to Delhi for the Special Representatives meet was called off at the last minute.
Posted in Diplomacy, Politics.

By M K Bhadrakumar – December 23, 2011

Dai Bingguo heading for Islamabad - Indian Punchline

Back on thread Saudis live in a unipolar world and are lackeys of Americans just like Indians. so its not surprising they are being pushed together

I want Pakistani members who come and argue and pm me to tell me how good Saudis are to see how Indians are treating these actions of Saudis.

Dear, Saudi is not an independent country. It is just an American puppet. They do what their masters tell them. Now, their masters have ordered them to give cheap oil to China and India in order to cut off Iranian exports. If tomorrow American masters tell them to give oil to Saudi Arabia, they will do that too. It all depends what the master of Saudis want them to do.

string_puppet.gif

Jews I have come across are people that I would rather know and spend time with

The Jews I have came across have left a very positive impression on me. I do have a positive view of Jews in general based on my interaction with them and this includes teachers, colleagues etc.

Back
Top Bottom