What's new

Emergency Imposed!

Vote about Emergency Imposed!

• I support it. I am done with CJ, political instability, Benazir.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • I condemn it. Musharraf needs to step down, and elect as a RETIRED General.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters
The Pakistani army doesn't really conduct operations in the tribal areas. The Western media keeps saying the regular army and the para-military forces are the same. But they are not. The para-military does all the patrols etc. The regular army conducts limited operations on militants if there is intelligence. If the regular army had done everything they wouldn't have ever surrendered as the para-military troops do.

Mr Unknown, can you kindly read even the names of regular army units and Div and brigade before commenting lol. This aticle tells it very clearly.

By the way if para-military is surrendering, who commands them? Everyone knows it is commanded by officers i.e. Maor General to Captains (various ranks).

I feel our army does have history of surrender, re-1971 (90,000 troops).

I am afraid our army is NOT one of the best professional army now, as a lot of focus in civil affairs rather than military practice.

This is a mini marshal law, the big one is soon to come, one of the smaller generals will force Musharraf to resign from office, and after that they will allow elections to be held and then go back to the army Barracks where they should be.

This will only happen when the People of Pakistan and especially the Lawyers of Pakistan come out on the streets and right now at this very moment the army heads and army men are talking about Musharraf, they are fed up of being targeted by insurgents and the citizens, the army is really very unpopular because of Musharraf their moral is down and they cant even wear army suits to go any where around the country they a constantly targeted, this is his last days before he either escapes the country or gets hanged.

Thanks for that assessment, all knowing one :cheers:

41d984d026701d995efe7c17e26387e7.jpg

Long live Pak army and may Musharraf rule us for ever

Reasons behind imposition of emergency

* Attacks on state infrastructure, security agencies

Judicial interference:

* Affecting war against terrorism, economic growth

* In executive functions

* Weakening government’s writ

* Demoralising police, hampering intelligence agencies

* Release of some militants by court orders

* Judges overstepping their authority

* Supreme Judicial Council made irrelevant

* Judges humiliating government officials in courts

* Trichotomy of powers eroded, law and order affected

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I thought the forums were supposed to give a realistic view, such an awakward response from admin is strange as here we need to discuss on ground facts and not one opinion. However thanks for accepting atleast the fact.

Lol

so much anger on issue, thanks for accepting the fact!

I thought the forums were supposed to give a realistic view, such an awakward response from admin is strange as here we need to discuss on ground facts and not one opinion. However thanks for accepting atleast the fact.

Hmmm I think you have mentioned this enough and frankly how you have so much knowledge about the issue sitting in the U.K. is a mystery, when people in the armed forces in PAK have told you you are wrong.

Persist and I will take this further due to the fact that you annoying me personally.

Reasons behind imposition of emergency

* Attacks on state infrastructure, security agencies

Judicial interference:

* Affecting war against terrorism, economic growth

* In executive functions

* Weakening government’s writ

* Demoralising police, hampering intelligence agencies

* Release of some militants by court orders

* Judges overstepping their authority

* Supreme Judicial Council made irrelevant

* Judges humiliating government officials in courts

* Trichotomy of powers eroded, law and order affected

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

That list sounds fine. Wonder why there's no mention of the media though. Not sure what it means by "JUdges humiliating government officials in court". That sounds fine. The other points look good though.

well it is not a mystery as in the UK people do have access to newspapers such as bbc, Asia times etc. Anyways lets chill and keep quiet and not further discuss it

Mr Unknown, can you kindly read even the names of regular army units and Div and brigade before commenting lol. This aticle tells it very clearly.

By the way if para-military is surrendering, who commands them? Everyone knows it is commanded by officers i.e. Maor General to Captains (various ranks).

I feel our army does have history of surrender, re-1971 (90,000 troops).

I am afraid our army is NOT one of the best professional army now, as a lot of focus in civil affairs rather than military practice.

The website you speak of is not even considered a "article". It is an independent blog run by 1 person. Therefore the facts stated on it can be relevant to the views of its owner, making it biased.

Para-military forces are NOT run by the Pakistani Army. They are independent and have their own commanders.

The military can interfere in politics if it is in the best of the nation. If the leader of a country tells the enemy that hes nation has 6 days before they lose a war, I deem it necessary to get rid of that leader.

Although it is highly negligent of you to say that the Pakistani military is "unprofessional".

Any one further discussing the issue of FC VS Pak Army will be banned immediately.

Thanks.

Musharraf addresses to the nation after imposing emergency.... Key Points
Sunday November 04, 2007

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has to take some important but painful decision otherwise the solidarity of the country will be endangered. I have made the decisions under the principle of Pakistan First.

Pakistan comes first, is my guiding rule and it is above all personal gains.
The situation rapidly changes in last some months; terrorism and extremism are the affliction throughout the country.

The heart of Pakistan Islamabad is also afflicted by the extremism; the extremist elements want to enforce their archaic, outdated notions on all.
In my view, senior office-bearers are going to the Supreme Court and they are being insulted; so, they are reluctant to take any action.

I am being told that there 1000 cases regarding these officials are pending in the apex court. The air of disappointment prevails over the country.

The assemblies completed their full terms; I hoped that when the assemblies complete their full terms, the transition to the democracy would be completed.

Accordingly, I am very sorry to say that the economic boom has come to a halt. The investors have stopped investing in the country.

There is a boom in every sector including building and construction, agricultural system; I fear that my struggle of seven years may not be spoiled; I cannot see it declining and being spoiled.

I am being phoned and asked and taunted and said that you are such a decision-maker; why are you lagging behind in your decisions. The situation was going from bad to worse.

The media could not lend a helping hand to improve the situation but added insult to the injury, rather. This is the same media, which I gave full freedom; I said frequently that the media should not be negative; but, on some channels the situation was not bit better.

There has been clash between the legislature and the government institutions and the judiciary; both sides were in trouble; the government system was semi-paralyzed.

I hammered out a strategy in 1999. I played the professional role from 1999 to 2002. From 2002 onwards, the democratic system was run. This second phase was well steered.

It would be the first time in the history of Pakistan that National Assembly and Local Bodies would complete their tenures.

The third phase of transition was set in 2007, when the assemblies were coming to the conclusion of their term on November 15; and the polls would be well convened; first the presidential and then general elections scheduled to be held.

The first time in the history we introduced the transition under a strategy and it was making headway. But, the vested interests were obstructing its path.

There were only three months left; however, for the personal gains, the process was being halted by some unscrupulous people.

The economic conditions were on the rise towards well being; but the hurdles were put by these people and the investors ceased to be interested any more to invest in the country.

On the recommendation by the Prime minister, I sent reference against chief justice; it was a constitutional measure. This reference went into the Supreme Judicial Council as well.

Afterwards, the situation worsened; the political elements aggravated the already declining situation.

The Supreme Court gave verdict on the reference against the chief justice, which I accepted with an open heart, as this was the verdict of the highest court of Pakistan.

I wanted reconciliation and wanted to work for the stability of the Pakistan; I tried my best; extended cooperation; but, the standoff could not be resolved.

Meantime, the Lal Masjid tragedy occurred; the extremists took law in their hands; and all this happened in the capital of Pakistan, Islamabad; we were exposed to the whole world insulted; we were abashed that we could not control the capital; our image was tarnished.

The extremists were on the rampage with their will unbridled; they martyred the policemen, abducted them; torched the shops; took hostage to the Chinese nationals, manhandled them; I had to seek forgiveness from the Chinese government.

I want to address the foreign world, particularly the United States, European Union, Commonwealth.

Kindly understand the situation in which I have taken this decision. Pakistan is on the verge of destabilization.

I cannot allow this country to go through suicide attacks.

I had planned a programme for democratic transition. I started a three-phase programme in 1999.

I want to complete the third phase with all my conviction. Therefore, I request you to stay with us against all these evils.

Please do not expect your level of democracy, which is centuries old. Please give us time to take our country to stability.

Pakistan News Service - PakTribune

^ Is anyone here disagreeing with that? If Musharraf is doing this for power.. isn't Benazir and Nawaz doing the same? I believe Benazir is the master mind of all this. She knew that Emergency will be imposed, and she left the country. She leaving the country doesn't make sense a bit! Think!

Not to forget CJ, judiciary fully supports the PPP.

Is it a translation of his speech? It seems he's more peeved with the judiciary than the media, though he mentions the media as being too negative, which they are. He's given them complete freedom after all.

I think the CJ got carried away after being found no guilty. He's obviously not the right person for the job. A CJ should be completely independent, it's common knowledge he's back by political parties.

This kind of explains the government official humiliation by the judges

"In my view, senior office-bearers are going to the Supreme Court and they are being insulted; so, they are reluctant to take any action.

I am being told that there 1000 cases regarding these officials are pending in the apex court. The air of disappointment prevails over the country."

Back
Top Bottom