What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

this is a parfume shop in Port Said city after it's been burnt to the ground by thugs, do u know why ? because its name is " Momen (believer) parfume shop " and because the owner is a bearded muslim, they killed him too

Im sure you will also condemn the killing of a former police lieutenant who was protesting in Rab3a against the coup. The people there hanged him off a tree as they suspected he was spying for the ministry of the interior, after his death he was repeatedly stabbed and then disposed of in a rubbish dump. Or how about condemnation for a woman who was driving in Alexandria and had a Tamarod sign on her car and so was targeted by peaceful protesters who proceeded to chain her to a lampost and stabbed her 22 times. All I'm asking is for you to stop being a hypocrite.

1001904_681115495231778_1796163178_n.jpg

a shahid inshallah Dr. Ahmed Hamad Mohammed Mohammed , was treating the injured protesters in Rabia square, when the enemies of Allah shoot him in the head , he's just arrived two weeks ago from Syria .
this is a video of his last moment , may allah grant him and all shuhada al jannah inshallah

Last edited by a moderator:
a shahid inshallah Dr. Ahmed Hamad Mohammed Mohammed , was treating the injured protesters in Rabia square, when the enemies of Allah shoot him in the head , he's just arrived two weeks ago from Syria .
this is a video of his last moment , may allah grant him and all shuhada al jannah inshallah

The clashes weren't in Rab3a but about a 1.5km away. That's were he was most likely killed.

yes in the memorial plateform for the unkown soldier , he was helping the injured into an ambulance when they shoot him
944769_681109135232414_1569317573_n.jpg

63057_681226398554021_1247162382_n.png

the brother from the Momen shop , they burn him inside his shop, he wasn't even in Rabia nor a MB .

Brothers it pains us Muslims and Arabs to see a neighboring Arab country such as Egypt in such a state. Whatever your ideologies, your visions of your country then you really need to settle the score with each other in a peaceful way. Do we really want YET another Muslim and Arab country in turmoil which again will have an impact on the whole region? We are living in the 21t century. Such unrest spreads like fire.

The Egyptian army really need to be very cautious. I don't support any side since I am not an Egyptian and your internal matters is not really my business but it paints me to see innocent dead Muslims and people in general. There must be another solution other than violence.

I think that Egypt can learn from Yemen and how people dealt with that revolution although it was bloody too but not as bloody as others. I see many similarities actually.

All I care about is the well-doing of the Egyptian people and not political party x or y. Egypt has not chased to be a Muslim country out of sudden.

Explain to me, why you support rebels terrorists against Syrians regime. Do you feel same similar to Egypt?

Saudi Arabia was cheerful when Morsi was removed from Army coup.

Brothers it pains us Muslims and Arabs to see a neighboring Arab country such as Egypt in such a state. Whatever your ideologies, your visions of your country then you really need to settle the score with each other in a peaceful way. Do we really want YET another Muslim and Arab country in turmoil which again will have an impact on the whole region? We are living in the 21t century. Such unrest spreads like fire.

The Egyptian army really need to be very cautious. I don't support any side since I am not an Egyptian and your internal matters is not really my business but it paints me to see innocent dead Muslims and people in general. There must be another solution other than violence.

I think that Egypt can learn from Yemen and how people dealt with that revolution although it was bloody too but not as bloody as others. I see many similarities actually.

All I care about is the well-doing of the Egyptian people and not political party x or y. Egypt has not chased to be a Muslim country out of sudden.

Besides, when I was back home in Hijaz earlier this week, I saw the sadness of the Egyptian diaspora when they looked towards the direction of Egypt across the beautiful Red Sea. I know that feelings can get high etc. even between you guys here but you are all Egyptians after all and would probably want the best for your country although you have different ideas of how to achieve that.

Although, if I recall correctly, you said that you were an atheist Frogman, then you come across as a rational person and you are probably also aware of the fact that Egypt is 90% Muslim and quite devout. That said then you are entitled to your opinion obviously.

Anyway what makes me wonder is how Egypt which is nearly 90% Arab/Egyptian/Semitic/A mixture of all 3/call it what you want (rest 10% are Copts) is in such a turmoil when there are countries which are much more diverse in terms of religion, ethnic groups, dialects, geographical extent etc.

It is scary because it just shows that even one of the more homogenous countries in our region can turn upside down in an instant.

Besides this takes me to another question. Has this current conflict anything to do with social classes, regions, distribution of wealth etc.? All we hear from is Cairo. I know that 95% of all Egyptians live in the tiny Nile data while the rest of the country is mainly uninhabited.

Can we get some inside information in that regard?

Although, if I recall correctly, you said that you were an atheist Frogman, then you come across as a rational person and you are probably also aware of the fact that Egypt is 90% Muslim and quite devout.

I'm agnostic. The thing that probably angered me most about the previous constitution is that it only accepted Abrahamic religions in the country. So if I didn't have Muslim or Christian or Jewish written on my birth certificate or national ID care I wouldn't be classed as an Egyptian and wouldn't have the constitutional rights afforded to others. I have nothing against any religion, however, what I have issue with is turning religions into ideological movements which eventually destroy the image of said religion.

Anyway what makes me wonder is how Egypt which is nearly 90% Arab/Egyptian/Semitic/A mixture of all 3/call it what you want (rest 10 are Copts) is in such a turmoil when there are countries which are much more diverse in terms of religion, ethnic groups, dialects, geographical extent etc.

Egypt has long been a predominantly secular society but the MB and its affiliates were always present. The mistake of previous regimes was to deal with the MB using its security apparatus only and not dealing with the core issue of why young devout men were being radicalized. So the MB was practically divided from the rest of society for decades, for example they would only ever do business with each other and marry amongst themselves, even praying in their own mosques. They remind me of the free Masons under the watchful eye of the Church (the idea of what the free masons are has been misunderstood for decades).

After Mubarak was toppled the MB tried to reintegrate into Egyptian society but at the same time tried to change that fabric which unified the country. Egyptians much like Americans regard themselves as Egyptians first and Muslims second (not that it makes them less religious than any other Muslim), the MB tried to change that and failed. They also tried to change a tolerant and moderate society to one which gets involved in sectarian issues and conflicts when Egyptians have never involved themselves in such issues.

The problems we have now stem from social problems which will be far more challenging to solve than the political ones.

Besides this takes me to another question. Has this current conflict anything to do with social classes, regions, distribution of wealth etc.? All we hear from is Cairo? I know that 95% of all Egyptians live in the tiny Nile data while the rest is mainly uninhabited.

When you people talk about social classes and wealth distribution in Egypt they often forget or ignore that nearly half of Egypt lives underneath or around the poverty line. In the 25th of Jan revolution the protests were contained to primarily Cairo, Alexandria and Suez and the villages and other cities didn't see much protesting action. The ones leading the protests against Mubarak were the informed youth or disillusioned youth and Egypt's tiny middle class. Egypt's poorest didn't participate.

Now on the 30th of June we saw much larger protests which were held in every major city and governate capitols, the Egyptian villages however didn't participate. Morsi managed to alienate pretty much everyone who sympathized with the brotherhood and many who voted for him (Maybe I forgot to say this but I was actually convincing people to vote for him), however, those in Egyptian villages were uninterested in politics. Last Friday was a completely different case though, as unrest and killings in the Sinai and Cairo increased and the state media continued its propaganda campaign the Egyptian villages came to the defence of the nation because they felt the state and their lives were at risk from the brotherhood and many of these poor Egyptian families who had been conscripted and lost family members in wars and recently in the Sinai (the poorest conscripts are usually stationed with the internal security forces in the Sinai as they get sub-par education) flocked to the streets.

I'm from Minya Alkamh Alsharqiya a little village/town north of Cairo and the family back there reported to me that it was the biggest protest they have ever seen in that village since ever (maybe since Sadat tried cutting subsidies :D ).

The media has this tunnel vision which is primarily focused on Cairo. Its focus is so great that they sometimes don't report murders and other important stories regarding protests and divisions from the rest of the country (the global media that is).

I'm agnostic. The thing that probably angered me most about the previous constitution is that it only accepted Abrahamic religions in the country. So if I didn't have Muslim or Christian or Jewish written on my birth certificate or national ID care I wouldn't be classed as an Egyptian and wouldn't have the constitutional rights afforded to others. I have nothing against any religion, however, what I have issue with is turning religions into ideological movements which eventually destroy the image of said religion.

Egypt has long been a predominantly secular society but the MB and its affiliates were always present. The mistake of previous regimes was to deal with the MB using its security apparatus only and not dealing with the core issue of why young devout men were being radicalized. So the MB was practically divided from the rest of society for decades, for example they would only ever do business with each other and marry amongst themselves, even praying in their own mosques. They remind me of the free Masons under the watchful eye of the Church (the idea of what the free masons are has been misunderstood for decades).

After Mubarak was toppled the MB tried to reintegrate into Egyptian society but at the same time tried to change that fabric which unified the country. Egyptians much like Americans regard themselves as Egyptians first and Muslims second (not that it makes them less religious than any other Muslim), the MB tried to change that and failed. They also tried to change a tolerant and moderate society to one which gets involved in sectarian issues and conflicts when Egyptians have never involved themselves in such issues.

The problems we have now stem from social problems which will be far more challenging to solve than the political ones.

When you people talk about social classes and wealth distribution in Egypt they often forget or ignore that nearly half of Egypt lives underneath or around the poverty line. In the 25th of Jan revolution the protests were contained to primarily Cairo, Alexandria and Suez and the villages and other cities didn't see much protesting action. The ones leading the protests against Mubarak were the informed youth or disillusioned youth and Egypt's tiny middle class. Egypt's poorest didn't participate.

Now on the 30th of June we saw much larger protests which were held in every major city and governate capitols, the Egyptian villages however didn't participate. Morsi managed to alienate pretty much everyone who sympathized with the brotherhood and many who voted for him (Maybe I forgot to say this but I was actually convincing people to vote for him), however, those in Egyptian villages were uninterested in politics. Last Friday was a completely different case though, as unrest and killings in the Sinai and Cairo increased and the state media continued its propaganda campaign the Egyptian villages came to the defence of the nation because they felt the state and their lives were at risk from the brotherhood and many of these poor Egyptian families who had been conscripted and lost family members in wars and recently in the Sinai (the poorest conscripts are usually stationed with the internal security forces in the Sinai as they get sub-par education) flocked to the streets.

I'm from Minya Alkamh Alsharqiya a little village/town north of Cairo and the family back there reported to me that it was the biggest protest they have ever seen in that village since ever (maybe since Sadat tried cutting subsidies :D ).

The media has this tunnel vision which is primarily focused on Cairo. Its focus is so great that they sometimes don't report murders and other important stories regarding protests and divisions from the rest of the country (the global media that is).

Thanks for the long and detailed post, bro. Much appreciated. Whatever the realities or wrongdoings then I hope that you can get your act together and somehow put an end to all this bloodshed, unrest etc. and try to work together for a better Egypt and region.

I just hope that the army will be cautious and likewise the other side. The worst that could happen for our Arab and Muslim world and immediate region (Middle East) would be some kind of civil war in Egypt. It would be disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom