What's new

ECC approves revival of Karachi Circular Railways: $2.57 Billion project

Even I was curious as to why would Karachi govt want to build a Circular Railways today. Today all the modern cities build metros, not circular rails, that is a very old concept.

The circular railway map is OLD.

The map is updated. I think this is it:

8273309470_2126e2a9fe_b.jpg

The circular railway map is OLD.

The map is updated. I think this is it:

8273309470_2126e2a9fe_b.jpg

no u got it wrong brother
its not a revised KCR plan but a Mass Rapid transport system(something like BRTS with intercity highways) along with KCR
KCR is limited to the doted line shown in the pic

here is more clear pic of Karachi Mass Transit System(excluding KCR)-
picture2eb9.png

no u got it wrong brother
its not a revised KCR plan but a Mass Rapid transport system(something like BRTS with intercity highways) along with KCR
KCR is limited to the doted line shown in the pic

hereb is more clear pic of Karachi Mass Transit System(excluding KCR)-
picture2eb9.png

CDGK is now defunt since one year, its now KMC which is handling the affairs, so will have to wait for new plan and construction details

CDGK is now defunt since one year, its now KMC which is handling the affairs, so will have to wait for new plan and construction details

i didn't knew that but i was just clarifying that the picture posted in post no.47 was not a revised or new KCR but more of a combination of KCR with Mass transport system...:agree:

Salut

This is a pleasant thread to say the least, a day after such a trajic bomb explosion event in karachi. I have to say karachiites are very resilient, had it happen somewhere else it would take weeks before life started becoming normal again. As far as the development project goes, from my perspective it seems like a somewhat essential to have infrastructure for a city of 30 million, keeping in perspective thats equivalent to the entire canadienne population much or less. So infrastructure is a must even if the city goes into excessive debt because infrastructure is economy's life line. On to my second point while I am not into petty partisan foreign politics, can indienne posters(not all of you guys just some ) on this forum please stop trying to be immature teenagers and stop the chestthumpting. Like seriously any time, there is a positive event, you guys are always trying to show how your country is better than others especially pakistan. i am sick of this immature behavior, we come on this forum to understand each others perspective and discuss in a constructive manner, seriously. If you want to compare your country so much, how about you compare yourselves to canada eh, we only about 34 million yet our economiè is almost equivilant to yours(1billion pop.), so should I now be looking down upon you since your country is incapable of feeding its people. No rather i understand your situation and know what you went through in the post colonial period so I understand the struggles of your people, so in the sam e manner, can`t you extend the same generosity to your fellow western neighbours and keep partisan politics out of it.
Once again I apologize if I offended your country but I am seriously losing it everyday reading such derogatory and immature comments. Grab a coffèe, have a baguette , enjoy life instead of wasting time posting such vile diatribe. I mean if your not going to learn anything from this forum , why come here in the first place.
@danger007 , @veekysingh

I guess you are immature..... Indian and pakistani politicians fully corrupted .... I am not offending any one... but only stated the natural mindset of politicians.... bring a project proposal grab as much money they can get from it..... If you are sure that project will come out without any bribes and scams... i am happy to hear that news.... I am an just an ordinary citizen who fed up with these bribes and scams... chest thumping,immature ....wooh.... are you hurt? If you are after my nationality, and If you are sure that, this project will come out clean.. my apologies...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom