What's new

ECC approves revival of Karachi Circular Railways: $2.57 Billion project

actually there will be three simultaneous projects under the same funding

1) bus rapid system
2) mono rail system
3) KCR

but till date its unclear who is the contractor and if japanese companies will themselves take part in building the system

do you mean all these 3 projects comes under $2.57 billion fund? :what: then how they gonna make metro look like what they have shown in pictures?

do you mean all these 3 projects comes under $2.57 billion fund? :what: then how they gonna make metro look like what they have shown in pictures?

the number of stations is so low, i mean for dehli rail there is 60 km of track with 59 stations for phase one, while there are 27 stations for 84 km of track in karachi

secondly there will be projects to supply electricity for the system from the given funds(or i guess)

i dunno how will they manage 2.5 billion for all three projects but they if they do(making the standards of projects high) then kuddos to them for making good use of the money

the number of stations is so low, i mean for dehli rail there is 60 km of track with 59 stations for phase one, while there are 27 stations for 84 km of track in karachi

secondly there will be projects to supply electricity for the system from the given funds(or i guess)

i dunno how will they manage 2.5 billion for all three projects but they if they do(making the standards of projects high) then kuddos to them for making good use of the money

or it might come into politicians pocket...

or maybe all these money is just for metro system , need to wait for some clear news.

well i did some research

this is the link to dehli metro cost

DMRC : Project Update

10,571 corore indian rupees

55 indian RS = 1 dollars

10,571 corore = 2 billion dollar roughly(even less)

so i converted them and it came out roughly 2 billion for phase one

where as

i think 2.4 billion dollars are more than enough price to build KCR on modern lines provided the cost of building is the same as in india

well you are wrong delhi metro already finished ... count rupee value by that time..

well i did some research

this is the link to dehli metro cost

DMRC : Project Update

10,571 corore indian rupees

55 indian RS = 1 dollars

10,571 corore = 2 billion dollar roughly(even less)

so i converted them and it came out roughly 2 billion for phase one

where as

i think 2.4 billion dollars are more than enough price to build KCR on modern lines provided the cost of building is the same as in india

well you are wrong delhi metro already finished ... count rupee value by that time..

This project is going to be discarded like all the others.
We have too many cooks spoiling the broth here and everyone wants their share of the money.

when you dont have knowledge about something please dont blabber please

well i am considering the politicians influence in this project... 27 stations is too much low... I think all metro network will use best available technology and standards... so it is lame excuse to use world class technology...

soo another stunt by the govt they just aprove the project few months before elections without any planning or anything so tht the next govt can stop the project & for votes in next elections their party could cry abt "their initiatives" which was stopped by new govt.....BTW who will provide security to the traines? who knows the next protests happens & the Bastards of other political parties will first attack the stations & trains as if they are the properties of the Party who are in govt at the time when it was initiated.........wait till people & esp local parties get some sense of ownership.

Appears to be over budgeted, if the figures are in American Dollars

A locomotive cost is 2 Million , and imagine 15 Boggies (1 million each high quality) still thats 17 million rest is just stations
and rail lines

2 Billion ... for 1 train that keeping runing around

2,000,000 vs 2,000,000,000

The quality has to be there not like the Metro project that someone launched looks so flaky I mean from quality and standard point of view, cheap ticket machine , goofy uniforms , unpainted roads , unmarked streets , no white lines in streets no real ~ STYLE or design to stations

On other notes 2 Billion would have brought Pakistan Railways 500-600 engines easily
thats if the figures are in American Currency

Appears to be over budgeted, if the figures are in American Dollars

A locomotive cost is 2 Million , and imagine 15 Boggies (1 million each high quality) still thats 17 million rest is just stations
and rail lines

2 Billion ... for 1 train that keeping runing around

2,000,000 vs 2,000,000,000

The quality has to be there not like the Metro project that someone launched looks so flaky I mean from quality and standard point of view, cheap ticket machine , goofy uniforms , unpainted roads , unmarked streets , no white lines in streets no real ~ STYLE or design to stations

On other notes 2 Billion would have brought Pakistan Railways 500-600 engines easily
thats if the figures are in American Currency

you forgot the projects to make electricity for the metro project

soo another stunt by the govt they just aprove the project few months before elections without any planning or anything so tht the next govt can stop the project & for votes in next elections their party could cry abt "their initiatives" which was stopped by new govt.....BTW who will provide security to the traines? who knows the next protests happens & the Bastards of other political parties will first attack the stations & trains as if they are the properties of the Party who are in govt at the time when it was initiated.........wait till people & esp local parties get some sense of ownership.

no dear the peoject was planned for atleast an year, in jan 2012 it was stated that funds will be released by japan till december 2012, now japan can release such big funds easily, and the funds are loans with easy interest

well i am considering the politicians influence in this project... 27 stations is too much low... I think all metro network will use best available technology and standards... so it is lame excuse to use world class technology...

27 stations are actually part of phase one

They have approved this project for so many times that I don't even remember the actual figures anymore. They are not going to do anything... if I am not wrong, KCR was approved during the Musharraf's era as well but no practical work was ever done

Believe, when it's completed otherwise I see no reason to raise my eyebrows

As long as we have the transport mafia and feudals in the Sindh government, nothing will happen.

Mustafa Kamal tried his hardest to start KCR but he was shunned away by the feudal government. He then tried to increase CNG buses to ease the pain of commuters but even then he had to face the wrath of the transport mafia (we all know who they are), which resulted in the vandalism of numerous CNG buses. Finally he decided to build more flyovers to ease traffic but he has always said that Karachi needs a metro to get rid of traffic problems, these flyover are a temporary solution.

As long as we have the transport mafia and feudals in the Sindh government, nothing will happen.

Mustafa Kamal tried his hardest to start KCR but he was shunned away by the feudal government. He then tried to increase CNG buses to ease the pain of commuters but even then he had to face the wrath of the transport mafia (we all know who they are), which resulted in the vandalism of numerous CNG buses. Finally he decided to build more flyovers to ease traffic but he has always said that Karachi needs a metro to get rid of traffic problems, these flyover are a temporary solution.

transport mafia as in mini bus mafia, it has nothing got to do with KCR

KCR didnt fail because of transport mafia

transport mafia doesnt involve taxis, rickshaws etc

Salut

This is a pleasant thread to say the least, a day after such a trajic bomb explosion event in karachi. I have to say karachiites are very resilient, had it happen somewhere else it would take weeks before life started becoming normal again. As far as the development project goes, from my perspective it seems like a somewhat essential to have infrastructure for a city of 30 million, keeping in perspective thats equivalent to the entire canadienne population much or less. So infrastructure is a must even if the city goes into excessive debt because infrastructure is economy's life line. On to my second point while I am not into petty partisan foreign politics, can indienne posters(not all of you guys just some ) on this forum please stop trying to be immature teenagers and stop the chestthumpting. Like seriously any time, there is a positive event, you guys are always trying to show how your country is better than others especially pakistan. i am sick of this immature behavior, we come on this forum to understand each others perspective and discuss in a constructive manner, seriously. If you want to compare your country so much, how about you compare yourselves to canada eh, we only about 34 million yet our economiè is almost equivilant to yours(1billion pop.), so should I now be looking down upon you since your country is incapable of feeding its people. No rather i understand your situation and know what you went through in the post colonial period so I understand the struggles of your people, so in the sam e manner, can`t you extend the same generosity to your fellow western neighbours and keep partisan politics out of it.
Once again I apologize if I offended your country but I am seriously losing it everyday reading such derogatory and immature comments. Grab a coffèe, have a baguette , enjoy life instead of wasting time posting such vile diatribe. I mean if your not going to learn anything from this forum , why come here in the first place.
@danger007 , @veekysingh

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom