What's new

DRDO to complete feasibility study for AMCA project in 18 months

but I would suggest GoI to keep on eye open to purchase a 5th generatoin fighter from some where. Look at how long it takes to buy MRCA. This process should also be streamlined when time comes and AMCA is not ready.

That's a good troll. You are having good time here.

Well, that can actually happen if corrupt IAF revised its requirements again for AMCA, when it comes near its IOC around 2019-2020 and drops the project & went for imports based on that excuse.

That can't be denied if you consider the ratio of bribes paid at Aero-India'2011 by French company will go up in multiples by 2019.

And, I am sure you will be happy if that happens, as your own country(Taiwan) never made anything itself.

Lol

My friend,experience is a part of this R@D,its just like u r manufacturing bicycles and one one day jumped to produce space shuttles,now do u get what one mean by experience.

technology gap?do India even have a proper stealth testing lab?

oh my dear friend, if you let them start work on AMCA, isn't it obvious that they will setup Stealth testing facility too in the process?

Now if you don't let them do their work on AMCA, why they will setup that facility?

Or, do you really think they should FIRST setup stealth testing facility and ONLY AFTER THAT, goto government and ask for permission to work on AMCA?

India directly jumped from Marut to tejas and the result was 20 long yrs(this is what i call exp),the same mistake they r committing with AMCA programme,they still need 6 more yrs for developing the Mark 2 of tejas,on that speed I am really counting on AMCA

The bold part is correct. So you admit now why LCA took 20 years.

But calling it a mistake, would be like saying, "I learnt how to draw a plane on paper and then learnt how to make it fly in air. Now, I regret it. I want to quit"

That doesn't make sense. We learnt. Now, it's time to move on.

Secondly, LCA took long because gap was too long. But moving to AMCA, gap is far smaller. It makes even more sense now to go for AMCA than it made 2 decades back for LCA. Damn, your own logic is beating you back!

The more we delay AMCA, the technology gap will widen, time will be lost and it will be harder to catch on. FGFA can't replace home-based R&D.

The more we delay AMCA, the technology gap will widen, time will be lost and it will be harder to catch on. FGFA can't replace home-based R&D.
There is no home based RnD. The whole bet is on FGFA project. I we lose in that project AMCA fate might even be worse than LCA. We might have to develop the 5th gen techs on our own which will require time.

Also i always doubt about our FGFA project. Its not clear enough whether we will be able to get hands on all the techs or not ?? Also nobody cares from Indian side so no voice will be raised if we won't get enough techs and our 5 billion $ will be a waste.

There is no home based RnD. The whole bet is on FGFA project. I we lose in that project AMCA fate might even be worse than LCA.

If there is no home-based R&D, then who planted that AMCA design in Aero-India-2011? Must be some aliens?

AMCA has nothing connected with FGFA. DRDO has said so, just to win some support from paranoid and naysayers in IAF, who don't believe in Indian brains and I think it worked.

We might have to develop the 5th gen techs on our own which will require time.

And, I thought you said, "we shouldn't attempt it, because we can't do it". Now you sound different.

Also i always doubt about our FGFA project. Its not clear enough whether we will be able to get hands on all the techs or not ?? Also nobody cares from Indian side so no voice will be raised if we won't get enough techs and our 5 billion $ will be a waste.

Seriously. Then you have a thing to worry about your plans. Basically, that's why pursuing AMCA as backup option, is even more important.

this place is filled with idiots and jingos,

why cant they see tejas ?????? when whole bl00dy world is phasing out fourth gen fighter india is planning to induct one in next 5 years. right now tejas is not fourth gen fighter.
it will be in next 5 years.

china is done with fifth gen they are planning sixth gen fighter by the time india wil have a first prototype of fifth gen. they will be close to inducting sixth gen fighter.

this gap is increasing wider -

whats the point of it ? ??? why cant they just go jv and rubbish this idea when its planned too bl00dy late ?

china is done with fifth gen they are planning sixth gen fighter by the time india wil have a first prototype of fifth gen. they will be close to inducting sixth gen fighter.

2nd prototype of PAK-FA is flying. Open your eyes, dear.

And if China is in position to do their own 6th Generation, then credit goes to Chinese militay, who has refused to buy or accept any foreign weapon supplier in big way and they want China to focus on domestic R&D. They stood behind their chinese talent and didn't sh*t in pants like cowards and whine-"china will die, import, import!!!"

Sadly, IAF & MoD, never planned with long-term vision and landed India into a mess of Russian imports era, benefiting everyone from MoD to IAF top brass families.

whats the point of it ? ??? why cant they just go jv and rubbish this idea when its planned too bl00dy late ?

The technology gap will go up even more, if India delayed AMCA more now.

We did the right thing by going ahead with AMCA. If something goes bad with FGFA after 5 years, then we will have some backup(5 years of work on AMCA) to land on otherwise we will crashland on hard surface and then IAF will cry again, "import or we will die"!!.

this place is filled with idiots and jingos,

why cant they see tejas ?????? when whole bl00dy world is phasing out fourth gen fighter india is planning to induct one in next 5 years. right now tejas is not fourth gen fighter.
it will be in next 5 years.

:what: So china's 5th gen plane is in production and they are working on 6th gen.

this place is filled with idiots and jingos

you are damn right buddy, just dont forget to count urself in.:devil:

:what: So china's 5th gen plane is in production and they are working on 6th gen.

during Zhuhai-2008 the Shenyang Warrior Eagle and the Shenyang Dark Sword. those next gen to fifth gen. 5.5 gen fighter ucav with such great capabilities.

they already have a fifth gen fighter and will be inducted earlier than russian give it to india.

during Zhuhai-2008 the Shenyang Warrior Eagle and the Shenyang Dark Sword. those next gen to fifth gen. 5.5 gen fighter ucav with such great capabilities.

(they already have a fifth gen fighter and will be inducted earlier than russian give it to india)pathetic english vocabulary :agree:

so now you drifted to UCAV EVEN THOUGH it yet to take her 1st maiden flight but our dear Highest tax payer friend knew everthing about its capability and wait wait he even placed these in 5.5 generation category :haha: :D

also they might even have a 5th gen aircraft before india :lol:

they already have a fifth gen fighter and will be inducted earlier than russian give it to india.

Dude are you serious??? just by displaying mockups, you think one achieves the capability??? even india can display aura UCAV mockup. US after having been invested so many years in the predator, is taking the next steps and testing UCAV. China even doesn't have a decent UAV that one can compare with the predator. (pls dont come back with look alike that china has)

What do you mean by they already have a 5th gen fighter??? by your logic India also has 5th gen pakfa because its more mature and ahead in testing phase than the j20.

this place is filled with idiots and jingos

yeah man!!:coffee:

If I'm the government of India, I would keep all the options open. Does India currently have ability to build a 5th generation fighter within 10 year from now? I'm not talking about inducting, I'm talking about first flight. How long did it take LCA from planning to first flight to induction? Well, its not inducted yet so we do not know the induction time as the first squadron is no flying yet. But we can use today as the induction date.

I'm not talking about inducting, I'm talking about first flight. How long did it take LCA from planning to first flight to induction? Well, its not inducted yet so we do not know the induction time as the first squadron is no flying yet. But we can use today as the induction date.

That's a good start I would say, even though it's coming from a troll.

I will try find and posting LCA project timeframes, then we can extrapolate AMCA's projections.

If there is no home-based R&D, then who planted that AMCA design in Aero-India-2011? Must be some aliens?
what you are talking about those posters and those wind tunnel models which change in every aero india ??/ Well, as far as i know ADA claims they have very good people in design department and according to them they can design a good model for AMCA but building a stealth design is very critical.
Even in US and Russia some designs have failed but our designer designs a 5th gen fighter without anything. A wind tunnel model is just a beginning and it does not tell us how stealthy a fighter is. As far as i know they just designed a medium category fighter jet which resembles like Raptor.
Funny thing is they haven't even done a feasibility report and they are telling the whole world that they will build a 5th gen fighter.

AMCA has nothing connected with FGFA. DRDO has said so, just to win some support from paranoid and naysayers in IAF, who don't believe in Indian brains and I think it worked.
The whole purpose of AMCA is to just put together the technologies learnt from FGFA and MMRCA. Just think why we are spending 5 billion $ on FGFA, its just gain all the necessary tech and be a part of a 5th gen program so that they could incorporate this in AMCA. This is proven by the timeline set for AMCA. According to which i think they are planning to build both fighters simultaneously. Whatever they will learn in FGFA they will put it in AMCA.

Also we haven't started the research on 5th gen techs, how do you explain the completion of project by 2020 unless somebody teaches you the concepts. If we will start from beginning it will take the same amount of time as we took in LCA but here it will not be because of untimely ban and lack of support but will be due to the difficulty of the project.

In short we have not yet started and its a long road to go.

And, I thought you said, "we shouldn't attempt it, because we can't do it". Now you sound different.
Sorry you misunderstood me. What i meant is we are not going to develop all 5th gen techs on our own, we will develop displays and HMD and avionics and engine and aesa on our own and rest we will gain from other techs.

I never said we shouldn't attempt. I am saying we will not be doing that. Its not my opinion, its what HAL and DRDO are doing.

Seriously. Then you have a thing to worry about your plans. Basically, that's why pursuing AMCA as backup option, is even more important.
What the hell are you interpreting ??/ My plans ??/ AMCA is not a back up option. I said that because of this report and i have a right to say because i am a taxpayer.

Read this...

fgfar.jpg

I read this few days back....

Back
Top Bottom