What's new

Do you have any questions about Egypt?

Is Egypt a strict islamic code country are its people liberal in views
i dont know if you mean the goverment or the people the president is from the muslim brotherhood but he is not extremist like salfis
the people were just trying this is why the Islamists got so many votes in the parliament elections then the librials got a bigger total votes in presidential elections

When is Egypt making a strategic partnership with Pakistan ?

This thread is almost 6 years old! Anyway, Pakistani Chief of Staff was in Cairo a few months ago to discuss exactly that. We should see more cooperation develop in the near future.

This thread is almost 6 years old! Anyway, Pakistani Chief of Staff was in Cairo a few months ago to discuss exactly that. We should see more cooperation develop in the near future.

What has come out of the dialogue? whats the future gohead of Egypt and Pakistan?

Any weapons sales, aircrafts sales between the two countries?

What has come out of the dialogue? whats the future gohead of Egypt and Pakistan?

Any weapons sales, aircrafts sales between the two countries?

Nothing as of yet except for that official meeting. Sometimes these things turn into something but most of the time they're just diplomacy in action. If we end up seeing anything, it will most likely be something along the lines of combined, military exercises. In the past, some of the things that developed into something of worth were projects like the K-8 Karakorum being built in Egypt (even till this day) and Pakistani marines participated in Bright Star, but that was about it.

Nothing as of yet except for that official meeting. Sometimes these things turn into something but most of the time they're just diplomacy in action. If we end up seeing anything, it will most likely be something along the lines of combined, military exercises. In the past, some of the things that developed into something of worth were projects like the K-8 Karakorum being built in Egypt (even till this day) and Pakistani marines participated in Bright Star, but that was about it.

There's a joint cadet/Officer exchange programme for training. Both take looks at how the other side does things. That's about it.

The K-8E was mainly in partnership with China. Pak played little to no role in as far as I'm aware.

The K-8E was mainly in partnership with China. Pak played little to no role in as far as I'm aware.

I was always under the impression it was more of a Pakistani/Egyptian than a Chinese venture. especially since they called it the Karakorum.

I was always under the impression it was more of a Pakistani/Egyptian than a Chinese venture. especially since they called it the Karakorum.
its was 25-75 Pakistani china venture and remains so.

its was 25-75 Pakistani china venture and remains so.

I wasn't talking about the Pakistani K-8s, I was referring to the K-8s that are being built in Egypt. I thought they were more of an Egyptian/Pakistani endeavor than an Egyptian/Chinese one, but apparently not according to @Frogman who says the ones being built in Egypt are strictly a joint venture with China, and Pakistan has nothing to do with it.

I wasn't talking about the Pakistani K-8s, I was referring to the K-8s that are being built in Egypt. I thought they were more of an Egyptian/Pakistani endeavor than an Egyptian/Chinese one, but apparently not according to @Frogman who says the ones being built in Egypt are strictly a joint venture with China, and Pakistan has nothing to do with it.
they were built from knock down kits exported component came from BOTH pakistan and china
well Mr frogman is probably talking about some other aircraft

they were built from knock down kits exported component came from BOTH pakistan and china
well Mr frogman is probably talking about some other aircraft

That's what I was saying. As a matter of fact, I gave Pakistan a higher percentage of the kit productions that are being assembled in Egypt than the 25% you stated, but I'll take your word for it.

In the meantime, what do you have to say about this, @Frogman ?

only the first came knock down kits Egypt did got manufacture them under licence
remember Pakistan has only air frame 25% part, avionics and engine is the customer choice..at the end its very small share in complete aircraft.

negotiations are conducted by both PAC and Nanchang Aircraft Manufacturing Company (CNMC) but ultimately and each sometime end up with the sale agreement but its JV and ultimately work and profits are shared like any other JVs

the same is with thunder, PAC/CAC will sometime independently pitch sale but ultimately its JV, so Pakistan wasnt invovled in Myanmar negotiations(which is going to be licence productions) but parts were still built in Pakistan but again avionics and engine is the customers choice

That's what I was saying. As a matter of fact, I gave Pakistan a higher percentage of the kit productions that are being assembled in Egypt than the 25% you stated, but I'll take your word for it.

How come Egyptian women are so curvy and beautiful? lol.seriously though..

The Chinese may have worked with Pakistan on the first kits but Egypt dealt with China throughout the program. Go through any videos from the Aircraft Factory on the K-8E and you will find zero references to Pak.

The Chinese may have worked with Pakistan on the first kits but Egypt dealt with China throughout the program. Go through any videos from the Aircraft Factory on the K-8E and you will find zero references to Pak.
so...what's your point?
why would Pakistan be involved in license manufaturing, as said both of countries dont need to get involved ...

initial knock down kits would have produced in their respective countries while profits shared from licence production

Back
Top Bottom