• God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i do .. I believe in Allah !!!

Religions are man made...god is omnipresent...
while in the dark ages religions gave hope and united people...in this day and age...they have outlived their purpose...
the potrayal of god as a vengeful being to please whome you have to follow your religion is phoney.
I do not believe in any religion...but I do believe in god.

What makes you think we are not still in Dark Ages?

first of all had you known even a little about Islam you would know that the first humans (Adam and Eve) were Muslims, and so were all the prophets who came after Adam.

and since when were you the rest of the world?

is life expectancy supposed to hide the fact that the suicide rate is sky high?

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

This can be a controversial thread.. however I was born into a Hindu family, my girlfriend is that of pakistani Muslim origin. My sister is married to a Sikh, and I consider myself a follower of Sanātana Dharma (Hinduism) which states everyone has a purpose on Earth..
however Hinduism shouldn't even be classified a religion, as it is more of a philosophy.
Basically there are 3 sects in Sanātana Dharma

1. Polytheism
2. Monotheism
3. Atheism (More agnostic/scientific)

I am the third. :cheers:

My belief in God is scientific.

The thing is science cannot disprove God, nor can it prove how life came into existence.

The theory of God is better than the theory of evolution. Since theory of evolution does not explain how the first life came to be. Which shows that life was made by an intelligent being by design.

So the theory of God holds stronger than the theory of Evolution.

Now as far as religion is concerned, there has to be room for error as man gets involved here and hence everything should be critiqued and judged, but that doesn't mean that we also ascribe things to it, judging what God would probably want us to do.

Prayer/Worship should not be mandatory in terms we usually think off. We think if we don't worship God, we would go to hell. Instead it should be that if we don't worship God we're being rude and offensive to a being that gave you life and everything else. It shouldn't be understood that God wants you to worship, it should be that you want to worship God.

Also the politics of religion should come under greater scrutiny as organized religion slowly becomes a club with full hierarchy with several power bearers. Religion should be personal.

Islam has all avenues open for it to become the perfect such religion. Only thing is its implementation and for Muslims to have the courage to think out of the box and realize that practically there is nothing wrong in this, and technically a more modern approach to God and religion holds true as per the Quran.

I am waiting for silent ninja to give a more convincing reply than the Adam, Eve , Apple story. But thanks to him , I thought they were Christians..

Just like the Indus Valley belonged to "Ancient pakistanis" and that the number zero was created in "Ancient pakistan" Adam and Eve are sure to be Muslims ;)

i have got a friend in bhutan....this guy belongs to a certain tribe which workships the tail of a particular snake....once every four months or so the snake comes out and they have a big celeberation and get together.....now this guy is religious....a devout whaterver his religion is....he is absolutely sure like some of my friends above that his religion is the true path to gods abode.....my point exactly is that god exists....but all the religions are just our imagination and naive attempt to explain the creation.....my friends tribe explained it in their own fasion and according to their own creativity....so did muhammad,so did hindus and so did sikhs,chrisritians,jews etc

i have got a friend in bhutan....this guy belongs to a certain tribe which workships the tail of a particular snake....once every four months or so the snake comes out and they have a big celeberation and get together.....now this guy is religious....a devout whaterver his religion is....he is absolutely sure like some of my friends above that his religion is the true path to gods abode.....my point exactly is that god exists....but all the religions are just our imagination and naive attempt to explain the creation.....my friends tribe explained it in their own fasion and according to their own creativity....so did muhammad,so did hindus and so did sikhs,chrisritians,jews etc

Exactly what I believe as well :cheers:

Hinduism is more Nature/Ancestral worship (in a way) or even more closely related to Philosophic ideas.. rather than an organized religion as that of Judiasm, Christianity and Islam

dharm-grandh sab jala chuki hai jiske antar kee jwaala
mandir masjid girje sab ko toD chuka jo matwaala
panDit momin paadriyoN ke fandoN ko jo kaat chuka
kar sakti hai aaj usee ka swaagat meri madhushaala

laalayeet adhRoN se jisne haaye nahiN choomi haala
harshit kampit kar se jisne haay madhu ka chooaa pyaala
haath pakaD kar lajjit saaqi ko paas nahiN jisne kheencha
wyarth sukha Daali jeewan kee usne mahdumay madhushaala

bane pujaari premi saaqi ganga jal paawan haala
rahe ferta awirat gati se madhu ke pyaaloN kee maala
aur leeye jaa aur peeye jaa isi mantr ka jaap keeye jaa
maiN shiv ki pratima ban baiThooN mandir ho ye madhushaala

ek baras meiN ek baar hee jagti holi kee jwaala
ek baar hee lagti baaji jalti deepoN kee maala
duniya waaloN kintu kisi din aa madiraalay meiN dekho
din meiN holi raat diwaali roz manaati madhushaala

:cheers::cheers:

The thing is science cannot disprove God, nor can it prove how life came into existence.

The theory of God is better than the theory of evolution. Since theory of evolution does not explain how the first life came to be. Which shows that life was made by an intelligent being by design.

Now as far as religion is concerned, there has to be room for error as man gets involved here and hence everything should be critiqued and judged, but that doesn't mean that we also ascribe things to it, judging what God would probably want us to do.

Prayer/Worship should not be mandatory in terms we usually think off. We think if we don't worship God, we would go to hell. Instead it should be that if we don't worship God we're being rude and offensive to a being that gave you life and everything else. It shouldn't be understood that God wants you to worship, it should be that you want to worship God.

Also the politics of religion should come under greater scrutiny as organized religion slowly becomes a club with full hierarchy with several power bearers. Religion should be personal.

Islam has all avenues open for it to become the perfect such religion. Only thing is its implementation and for Muslims to have the courage to think out of the box and realize that practically there is nothing wrong in this, and technically a more modern approach to God and religion holds true as per the Quran.

A lot of it could be explained by probability theory. A combination of a lot of factors create life and that combination just happened to work here in Earth. That is it. We really don't need a supreme being to create an amoeba and just wait and watch the rest. Or you believe in Adam-Eve story too?

No religion is perfect, Islam included. The sooner people accept it the better it is for muslims and all other believers.

Science cannot disprove that sorcerer Harry Potter exists. So what?

In fact there are good theories about it. We dont know everything about evolution and life formation since studies started only 100 years ago. Similary we dont know everything about the formation of lightenings. Does it mean that Greek theory about Zeus casting lightenings is better?

zeuslig2.gif

Science cannot disprove that sorcerer Harry Potter exists. So what?

In fact there are good theories about it. We dont know everything about evolution and life formation since studies started only 100 years ago. Similary we dont know everything about the formation of lightenings. Does it mean that Greek theory about Zeus casting lightenings is better?

zeuslig2.gif

Off topic: Is that actually you in tht picture? :smokin:

I am waiting for silent ninja to give a more convincing reply than the Adam, Eve , Apple story. But thanks to him , I thought they were Christians..

The problem lies in your minds, even though being athiest or sm things, you ppl carry grudge against muslims.

One question... for Adam and eve to be christians, jesus must be the first person on earth, is it so? what made you believe they were christians? Enlighten me with your logic plz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom