What's new

Do Pakistan Need a Nuclear Submarine to Check US

With her constrains Pakistan at least needs a brown water fleet. For that at least two nuclear subs should be acquired.

Honestly, the idea of 1 or 2 or few more Nuclear Subs against USN to 'check' (ostensibly so) that mighty Navy sounds outlandish... You can not fight a whole force with one or few weapons, you fight a force with force and that league is only Russia versus US or China versus US, when Chinese Navy steps up to that league of USN...

That is the first sane thought on this thread!!!!! What is wrong with us? Do we have a death wish or what???? Or we have given up on this land of ours and see no hope so it is time to put the jacket on and take one or two down with us!!!!

We need sane thinking here people! We need to follow the middle path and not go overboard in loving and hating our firends and foes alike.

Thank you, Mr. Hussain... that is a great thought diplomatically and practically! Personally, minds like these invite one to PDF... Not the usual troll fest from both sides... Refreshing thoughts!

if we opt for a nuclear sub it would be to check the expansion of the IN and not the USN.

And that is the defensive doctrine that pakistan maintains publically that its forces invest heavily in defensive mode and this does sound like a great idea for deterrence and containment.

Try again? Alright. Though I do not quote low life trolls who come and go on this forum, I’d love to tell you that sir Mastan Khan and I once had a debate with VCheng and Nabil_05. The topic was on the development of a Anti Aircraft Carrier torpedo/missile by Pakistan. We are currently working on a Nuclear tipped anti A/C/C missile aiming at you’re A/C/Cs. In part of the argument, this picture was posted and I replied affirm by what our move will be. A JF-17 Thunder or Mirage V with Ra’ad or a Babur fired from shore into this formation can simply take away all of those. Pakistan wont mind firing a nuke on this formation if they are heading towards us with an intention of open war.

Just two questions which are begging for an answer mate:

> Why would you fire a Nuclear Tipped Missile against a CBG?

1. Requirement of first use: What is the distinct advantage that you will have by using a 'Nuclear Tipped missile'... IMHO, people now a days just use that term as if that just another weapon... You need a missile to hit and disable the CBG and 'Nuclear or non-nuclear' does not have any relationship with that part.

2. Consequences of first use: I always thought Nuclear Missiles are the greatest form of deterrence because they are weapons of mass destruction and you ideally use then to stop a war from happening. When you use them, you create that impact that either it completely disables the enemy or takes out their second strike capability ... or else you risk a massive retalliation.

Now I hope u don't ever want to hit a US CBG with a Nuke, if all u have is just a few nuclear subs. Might as well suck it up and use that energy on something positive. Because, they will not think about anything after that! And, if you think Nuking Indian CBG is an option, then again, you just give Indians a chance to retalliate for the loss of a CBG in the form of a massive retalliatory nuclear strike on mainland, which will have no adjective fitting enough for the destruction... And I always pray that none of us ever have to see that kind of a day, from either side...

And therefore an Anti A/C or CBG missile is an awesome thing. Chinese A/C killer missile did rattle USN.... But, confusing that with tipping it with a Nuclear tip just to make a point that 'look, I can nuke you', when the loss is limited to a CBG and the retalliation risk so high, is just not a sensible or meaningful policy... What FATMAN mentioned made huge sense but what what you mentioned, i could not see any merit in the logic presented by you... the highlighted part, I mean... my 2 pidly cents

if we opt for a nuclear sub it would be to check the expansion of the IN and not the USN.

Shouldn't our weapons be enemy specific instead of India specific, be it any enemy? When was the last time India showed any aggression to us? With India we can actually sort out all problems through dialogue and negotiation.

That is the first sane thought on this thread!!!!! What is wrong with us? Do we have a death wish or what???? Or we have given up on this land of ours and see no hope so it is time to put the jacket on and take one or two down with us!!!!

We need sane thinking here people! We need to follow the middle path and not go overboard in loving and hating our firends and foes alike.

What you may call a death wish is actually a wish to live with dignity or to die with it! You have probably not lost anyone on this so called terror war but Pakistan has lost a lot and she continues to lose while she gets blamed as well. I say enough of this, we either get credit for everything that we have done and not blamed for anything that is not proven or we take the highway.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Again.. I would say ridiculous.
That Chinese sub was "allowed" to surface as a stunt for more funding.

Perhaps, but nobody really knows for sure, yeah?

They wont understand. military all over the world uses such stunts to get more funds...

Believe me if I was a US senator I would have questioned the use of Billions of $$ in R&D if a much cheaper Chinese sub could evade all the fancy gadgets. I would have grilled the Navy/Military over their spending because if they cannot detect a Chinese Sub with all the money they have already spent then no matter how much more I give them they will remain a step behind.

It wasn't really smart on the part of the Navy to look that bad but on the other hand they could have detected the Sub from a long distance, challenged it, created all kinds of fuss and could have made a much bigger point to their senators that the tax dollars were well spent and that continued investment in R&D would ensure dominance. Not really very smart!

US will be mighty difficult for any country leave alone Pakistan !! What you guys need to do is bring the economy back in place.. Stop taking aid from US or any other nation.. Dont think of war.. War is shitty costly and more so are defense weapons...Pak has nuclear weapons I dont see any country will take chance to see if Pak starts using them if they attack... Remember one thing nothing gets attention like war or war like hysteria so the govt might use that to take the attention away from the real issues....

We are thinking of a war with US? We cannot fight a war with Afghanistan let alone the US mate, but what happens if a war is indeed imposed on us? There is only so much **** that we can take, right? All these 'hypothetical' situations are being discussed only in the event that Pakistan is threatened with a full scale war.

and what about the F-18, F-16 and other beasts on the US air craft carrier. Are they just for taking riding.

F-16's on Air Craft Carriers?? I don't think so. It would be F-18 Super Hornets and perhaps F-35 JSF's. However, C-803 can be launched almost 250km's away, other cruise missiles could be launched at higher distances still. So unless the Jets are flying CAP in a 500-1000km radius they may just be there for the ride.

Besides, what if the missiles/torpedoes are fired from a submarine? Would we care even if the submarine is destroyed as long as they takes out that Naval Armada?

What nuclear bombing on US aircraft carrier. Oh Meray bhai. Yaar atleast think once before you write. (Only an Pakistan enemy can think of such a dooms day scenario.)

US aircraft carrier is very close to Karachi in international water in arabian sea. Wind blows directly from sea towards karachi. With nuclear strike on any US aircraft carrier formations in open sea million of Karachities will die within next few hour due to radiation.

Tactical Nuclear Weapons or Nuclear Tipped Missiles are intended to be used close to humans so the radiation is fairly minimal. Besides, it may not be possible to sink an Aircraft carrier without a Nuclear strike.

That is why your can't even do anything against Pakistan after 26/11 xpect passing STATEMNETS!

Your post telling how fool you are actually and how your media and bollywood stories making your mind lol!

Ain't you feel lucky??? Your economy is not great, Food and fuel prices are sky rocketing. Still you want war???

How old you are??? or are you out of your mind??? A small misadventure of your (Kargil) pushed your country 10 year back, Imagine what a full scale war will do..

And more ever, why do India need to attack you when you are attcaked by Taliban and USA. We Indian are busy in Development and annihilating Corruption...

In simple bhaasha may "Our doctrine is not for US, our strategy and military made up for India". Regarding your post related affordability. We spend more than your any war you have fought with Pakistan. We already spend 80bn$$ on this WOT and just got not more than 18 BN$ on this whole WOT from US. Hope you get it now
C'mon, get a life! Stop blabbering for a change! Where the heck did you get this figure of $80 billion? Utter rubbish!

Let's know how you have arrived at this nonsensical outlandish figure of $80 billion! You can't! You have just reproduced what some clown has said in some stogy tabloid. Get real and stop living in the clouds. :cheesy:

time of using nuclear weapons are gone buddy and they wont loose anything id they strikes on you..you dont have capapbility to send missiles to u.s:lol:
:hitwall: We spent billions of dollar on nuclear programme not just for diwali / shabebarat. for bold part ;) its secret:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom