What's new

DF-21D Ant-Aircraft Carrie Missile officially confirmed!

Haven't hunted for awhile. Last time I've even been to the range was last summer in Iowa. ( fired a dessert eagle, what a blast! (even considering I've used Ma duece))

Did you know that you can even purchase a minigun? Now that would be sweet.

Haven't hunted for awhile. Last time I've even been to the range was last summer in Iowa. ( fired a dessert eagle, what a blast! (even considering I've used Ma duece))

Nice! Did you ever get to fire off varmint rounds?

p.s. I think we can start a discussion on this on another thread.

Did you know that you can even purchase a minigun? Now that would be sweet.

hell, you can buy a 40mm anti-aircraft gun! My Uncle has an old Nambu (Japanese machine gun, he has a classIII permit). But he won't let me fire it because ammo cost (not a common calibre) Imagine the cost of firing that mini-gun!

hell, you can buy a 40mm anti-aircraft gun! My Uncle has an old Nambu (Japanese machine gun, he has a classIII permit). But he won't let me fire it because ammo cost (not a common calibre) Imagine the cost of firing that mini-gun!

pretty high but that would just be due to quantity of bullets needed. 7.62x51mm is pretty common.

The problem is China doesn't care what anyone else thinks. It was tested and is good enough to be fielded that is good enough for China.
Whether it was tested or not is still up to debate.

However, I must be fair on this argument. Even proven technology has its flaws and doesn't perform as expected in real war scenario. Many claims are simply for marketing purposes targeting potential buyers. We are all too familiar with the common "State of the art" label.
The label 'state of the art' usually mean the system employed the supposedly 'latest' technology. The reason why any system fail to perform to expectations, as opposed to fail to function, is from inadequate testing.

Taiwanese purchased US missile defense was one perfect example.
Yup...Same for the Iraqis using Chinese weapons...:rolleyes:

Regardless of the DF-21D being a "Real threat" or not, it is "still a threat". It is doing a good enough job in preventing carrier groups entering Chinese waters in a threatening manner and forcing its adversary to spend more on R&D or refining its systems to deal with the potential threats. China has already achieved its objectives.
It's not like the U.S. wants to experience and find out anytime soon.
It is? Already? The US was working on theater level ballistic missile defense long before the idea of a DF-21 'carrier killer' variant was in the public domain. There are several levels of 'threat' and the 'immediate' is usually when countries are ready to go to war. For now, the DF-21 remain a hypothetical threat more than a real one. As long as China's territorial waters are not breached, we will move wherever we want in Asia.

US economy will go banrupt before they build new weapons to counter china.

u need money to build a huge military and maintain it.
US economy is in dire straits.

mickey mouse asian nations are no threat to china, they will forever live under the power and influence of china.

watch this:
Breaking the code of history

when china speaks, the world listens!

you know why?

because this is china's world, everybody else just lives in it!

mickey mouse asian nations are no threat to china, they will forever live under the power and influence of china.

watch this:

you know why?

I heard China is buying up parts of Idaho.

watch this:

you know why?

United States will NOT go backrupt. They'll inflate their way out of their current crap hole. However, their status as the world's reserve currency is nearly at an end, and their living standard is about to take a hit. The problem is when they print money, they wipe out a chunk of China's wealth also.

Whether it was tested or not is still up to debate.

That is the thing. China does not care what others think. They can debate day and night to no avail. You either believe or you don't, but neither makes a difference. It is still being fielded.

The label 'state of the art' usually mean the system employed the supposedly 'latest' technology. The reason why any system fail to perform to expectations, as opposed to fail to function, is from inadequate testing.

Yep, state of the art patriot missiles which failed to live up to its expectations painted many red faces in Taiwan several months ago. I am pretty sure it was tested thoroughly as per American standards prior to the sale.

Yup...Same for the Iraqis using Chinese weapons...:rolleyes:

As in cold war era weapons? AK's and RPG's? :)

It is? Already? The US was working on theater level ballistic missile defense long before the idea of a DF-21 'carrier killer' variant was in the public domain. There are several levels of 'threat' and the 'immediate' is usually when countries are ready to go to war. For now, the DF-21 remain a hypothetical threat more than a real one.

Yes it is. Like I say, so long they are not in Chinese waters and performing aggressive maneuvers or drills then they are fine. Those DF-21D's can target Japan and Taiwanese waters already, so it has already achieved the objective of having a mobile area defense against the carrier groups. Moreover, it will and is not the only defense capable of threatening the carrier groups. China also have a huge fleet of submarines, frigates and destroyers. Chinese carrier groups will sooner or later emerge into the the theater. In addition China also possesses anti sat technology and is highly capable of electronic warfare. Theater level ballistic missile defense maybe good (theoretically) to prevent an attack in land or from above, but out in the open sea where it can be targeted by land-sea-air will significantly limit the effectiveness.

As long as China's territorial waters are not breached, we will move wherever we want in Asia.

Anyone can so long its International waters. To put it into equal perspectives China's future carrier groups will also be roaming Latin American waters and perform drills. America won't be able to do anything about it so long they are not violating America's water.

uhh... i'm one of the losers. i thought DF21D is a lie.

I never mean to call people who had doubt about DF-21D "loser".
My post points out that those who still question the existence of J-10B/J-15 are losers.

J-10B/J-15 are similar to DF-21D in the sense that they are publicly confirmed by verified undisputed photos or by officially confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom