What's new

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after GoI list leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is logically fallacious, as supporting my country's action wouldn't mean supporting DDOS, as the presumption that GOI is behind or responsible of DDOS is invalid.
i think you missed the difference between:

"Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions, and those who are DDOSing websites?"

and​

"Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions and thus the DDOS attacks?"

Too subtle , i guess. :)

That is logically fallacious, as supporting my country's action wouldn't mean supporting DDOS, as the presumption that GOI is behind or responsible of DDOS is invalid.

We don't know who is behind the attacks so I won't say GoI is behind it or not.

But the timing coincides with the release of the list.

This is not true, we do ban/infract people all the time. We don't announce it to the world who we are taking against. Just like you some Pakistanis think we never take action against Indians. Just 5 mins ago I gave someone a warning to watch their language and they replied back "Haan ab toh Indians holy cow hogaye hongay"

Don't you realize how unfair this is? We are treating everyone equally. Civility and talking on topic is mandatory. Of course being critical of India is not disallowed, nor is being critical of Pakistan.

Do it with civility and its all good. Freedom of speech.

just please go through martian2 posts.... you will know what i am talking about......his posts is totally ridiculous ... he make fun of Vietnamese members...... will gave no respect to small countries or members... such kinda posters creates nuisance in this forum ....im not saying PDF is insane but some members got immune...

I don't know about others moderator's but i do like oscar....he is very balanced.....

Great post man!!!
Do you guys have any idea why GoI took such a step , if they did it???I mean I personally think that GoI doesn't have any reason to do so, but what are your views?? And what the hell is a DDOS??

Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When GoI started banning these sites (some of them did have mal-intent, we didn't), some of our competitors emailed them out of jealousy to put our name on it and links were given to our thread which also contained the wrong info.

GoI was most likely used for personal gain by these entities.

GoI still just blocked a few links - but the real damage came when the list containing our website name was released.

Just to point out that a lot of Indians have supported us too, some openly, some privately (GoI going on a rampage can scare anyone so we are being patient).

And that's why the question was directed only toward those who didnt :)

And hence we are back to square one.

BTW, if you or for that matter 'most indians' will support their govt in this case (blindly), then what purpose does this thread/discussion serves and why should we debate out this issue here?

So, you guys have already decided that you are right and others are wrong, plain wrong. So why waste time sweating it out here on PDF?

You sir, are a true representation of that mindset behind all this blocking/banning.

BTW, let me rephrase my question; "Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions, and those who are DDOSing websites?" Be mindful that as per Asim, these attacks are "massive", like cant be undertaken without proper funding/financial assistance - a wannabe hacker dont possess such resources, if you know what i mean.
I think most Indians will support their government,overtly or covertly in this blocking of content context.

But blaming GoI for DDOS attacks on df.pk is debatable because it's not the first time this has happened
Now there is a certain difference between blocking content and blocking a website.....

Indian members themselves are responsible for this action of GOI. Only if Bharatis here weren't that bigot about Islam and Muslims and weren't showing hatred openly for Indian muslims govt of India wouldn't have banned the website. Indian govt was just trying to give a little life to the secular Bharat drama. They just didn't want the Pakistani and BD members to read all the hatred for Indian muslims by the Bharati hindus. Hence this action against the site. :rolleyes:

Don't you realize how unfair this is? We are treating everyone equally. Civility and talking on topic is mandatory. Of course being critical of India is not disallowed, nor is being critical of Pakistan.

Do it with civility and its all good. Freedom of speech.

Obviously, concepts such as "equal treatment" and "freedom of speech" are quite alien to more than a few members here of all flags. :D

Im surprised why such a hullabaloo when GOI has not blocked the site iteslf just for 4 objectionable urls.I think those are quite right decision from GOI as at this time lives of indians are more important to GOI than allowing the rumors to spread over social media. Its the same india which has seen millions dead due to spread of rumors during partition so why someone think that GOI will take chances with lives of citizen vs freedom of citizen.Its like imposing curfew for sometime.

For GOI lives of Indians more important than the revenue loss of blocked site.

just please go through martian2 posts.... you will know what i am talking about......his posts is totally ridiculous ... he make fun of Vietnamese members...... will gave no respect to small countries or members... such kinda posters creates nuisance in this forum ....im not saying PDF is insane but some members got immune...

I don't know about others moderator's but i do like oscar....he is very balanced.....

Give me a few days I'll see... Meanwhile you can even approach Hu, he is handling the Chinese section very well.

Now there is a certain difference between blocking content and blocking a website.....
And there's also a certain way of asking the same websites to do the blocking/housecleaning by themselves, rather then doing it for them.

This is how we demarcate/differentiate between communists and largest-democracies, no?

Im surprised why such a hullabaloo when GOI has not blocked the site iteslf just for 4 objectionable urls.I think those are quite right decision from GOI as at this time lives of indians are more important to GOI than allowing the rumors to spread over social media. Its the same india which has seen millions dead due to spread of rumors during partition so why someone think that GOI will take chances with lives of citizen vs freedom of citizen.Its like imposing curfew for sometime.

For GOI lives of Indians more important than the revenue loss of blocked site.

DDoS attack, AJTR, not the blocking - although I object to that too since its against the fundamental tenet of freedom but I can listen to the argument about immediate danger. Even there we were not approached by GoI through valid channels and were not given a chance to help them out.

Obviously, concepts such as "equal treatment" and "freedom of speech" are quite alien to more than a few members here of all flags. :D
Now which corner of the ring are you standing :D

Why does the site keep on going offline in Pakistan too? Damn these hackers. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom