What's new

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after GoI list leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we would have been approached by GoI we would have removed them on the simple grounds of them being too graphic let alone correct or not. But putting our names on a list has provided motivation to criminals who think they are doing some patriotic duty by attacking us.

We were not the ones who posted those pictures, the general public did and while someone can post false information you also are allowed to point out that this information is wrong and also request us to remove it.

Resorting to cyber crimes is a lot more severe.

The pics were reported "multiple times" and yet no action was taken. Perhaps the powers that be did not realize that it would land them in a soup later on.

Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions?

We are in the mood to show some degree of tolerance, just to end an ugly situation as soon as possible and to let people know we aren't the evil demons that GoI has made us out to be by putting our names on that list.

Of course we don't allow people to come on our own forum and advocate people leaving this forum. Humne forum mehnat se banaya hai.

The pics were reported "multiple times" and yet no action was taken. Perhaps the powers that be did not realize that it would land them in a soup later on.

Many times members are reported for posting propaganda images like on burma issue..
even few post fake pics of the ppl killed in drone strikes so reaction was legit upto few extent

We are in no hot soup with the GoI, just the - attackers.

No we make mistakes too, you have to realize, we didn't take much interest in the debates... We would have removed them for just being too graphic. Ramadan going on followed by Eid, some things got overlooked.

I think the reports were seldom and few and got buried somewhere. Also I repeat in all the time you were free to point out as emphatically as you wanted that the posts are factually incorrect.

Hum iss tarhan ke log nahi hain who would enjoy putting up factually incorrect things purposely. Our record in the debates we do participate in speaks for itself. When we claim to something we stick to it and provide solid evidence for it.

If we would have been approached by GoI we would have removed them on the simple grounds of them being too graphic let alone correct or not.
I had reported them a few times as hateful and gory.But they were still there :rolleyes:

If Bikini pics or semi nude pics can be removed in a few mins ......not sure what went wrong that day?

I had reported them a few times as hateful and gory.But they were still there :rolleyes:

If Bikini pics or semi nude pics can be removed in a few mins ......not sure what went wrong that day?

They get seen much quicker. We don't go through all the posts. But we do take action on reported posts.... Sometimes they get so many that a few get missed. Its just a mistake nothing more.

I think most Indians will support their government,overtly or covertly in this blocking of content context.

But blaming GoI for DDOS attacks on df.pk is debatable because it's not the first time this has happened
And hence we are back to square one.

BTW, if you or for that matter 'most indians' will support their govt in this case (blindly), then what purpose does this thread/discussion serves and why should we debate out this issue here?

So, you guys have already decided that you are right and others are wrong, plain wrong. So why waste time sweating it out here on PDF?

You sir, are a true representation of that mindset behind all this blocking/banning.

BTW, let me rephrase my question; "Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions, and those who are DDOSing websites?" Be mindful that as per Asim, these attacks are "massive", like cant be undertaken without proper funding/financial assistance - a wannabe hacker dont possess such resources, if you know what i mean.

If we would have been approached by GoI we would have removed them on the simple grounds of them being too graphic let alone correct or not. But putting our names on a list has provided motivation to criminals who think they are doing some patriotic duty by attacking us.

We were not the ones who posted those pictures, the general public did and while someone can post false information you also are allowed to point out that this information is wrong and also request us to remove it.

Resorting to cyber crimes is a lot more severe.

Well GOI didn't publish the list, rather it was leaked or hacked, here GOI is the victim of cyber crime.

Are you suggesting GOI is behind the DDOS attack, well I don't think, it seems to be another instance of ongoing forum war.

We are in the mood to show some degree of tolerance, just to end an ugly situation as soon as possible and to let people know we aren't the evil demons that GoI has made us out to be by putting our names on that list.

Of course we don't allow people to come on our own forum and advocate people leaving this forum. Humne forum mehnat se banaya hai.

We are in no hot soup with the GoI, just the - attackers.

No we make mistakes too, you have to realize, we didn't take much interest in the debates... We would have removed them for just being too graphic. Ramadan going on followed by Eid, some things got overlooked.

I think the reports were seldom and few and got buried somewhere. Also I repeat in all the time you were free to point out as emphatically as you wanted that the posts are factually incorrect.

Hum iss tarhan ke log nahi hain who would enjoy putting up factually incorrect things purposely. Our record in the debates we do participate in speaks for itself. When we claim to something we stick to it and provide solid evidence for it.

some guys like martian2,sino challenger etc always post anti or Indian bashing threads or posts....reported plenty times...but no use.... calling us-big mouth Indians, nuking India, nuking Delhi etc... some topics like Toilets so and so are in Ban list, but still some members posts those thread...when we report , mod's will remove after some time... if an Indian member posted like that... he will definitely get banned...

I support GoI step because these RIOTS causes instability....

Indian cyber crime dept does not have the intent or capability to guard its own sites from being hacked and here there are people accusing it of sophisticated DDoS attacks.

You people give a lot of credit where it is not due.

"Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions, and those who are DDOSing websites?"

That is logically fallacious, as supporting my country's action wouldn't mean supporting DDOS, as the presumption that GOI is behind or responsible of DDOS is invalid.

some guys like martian2,sino challenger etc always post anti or Indian bashing threads or posts....reported plenty times...but no use.... calling us-big mouth Indians, nuking India, nuking Delhi etc... some topics like Toilets so and so are in Ban list, but still some members posts those thread...when we report , mod's will remove after some time... if an Indian member posted like that... he will definitely get banned...

I support GoI step because these RIOTS causes instability....

This is not true, we do ban/infract people all the time. We don't announce it to the world who we are taking against. Just like you some Pakistanis think we never take action against Indians. Just 5 mins ago I gave someone a warning to watch their language and they replied back "Haan ab toh Indians holy cow hogaye hongay"

Don't you realize how unfair this is? We are treating everyone equally. Civility and talking on topic is mandatory. Of course being critical of India is not disallowed, nor is being critical of Pakistan.

Do it with civility and its all good. Freedom of speech.

They get seen much quicker. We don't go through all the posts. But we do take action on reported posts.... Sometimes they get so many that a few get missed. Its just a mistake nothing more.
At the end of the day everyone is human and going through heaps of posts isn't the best job in the world...which everyone is aware of.

So the context that they were not reported by forum member's isn't also true.......

And hence we are back to square one.

BTW, if you or for that matter 'most indians' will support their govt in this case (blindly), then what purpose does this thread/discussion serves and why should we debate out this issue here?

So, you guys have already decided that you are right and others are wrong, plain wrong. So why waste time sweating it out here on PDF?

You sir, are a true representation of that mindset behind all this blocking/banning.

BTW, let me rephrase my question; "Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions, and those who are DDOSing websites?" Be mindful that as per Asim, these attacks are "massive", like cant be undertaken without proper funding/financial assistance - a wannabe hacker dont possess such resources, if you know what i mean.

Just to point out that a lot of Indians have supported us too, some openly, some privately (GoI going on a rampage can scare anyone so we are being patient).

If anyone wants to write a polite note to the GoI or their ISPs on removing our name from this list (out of their own volition), we would greatly appreciate it.

India needed a communal violence instigated by internet manipulated fake paranoid news and related articles to start looking at the dangers of letting free cyberspace open.

Your friend China was 3 steps ahead on filtering the content that is presentable to their popula.

When we do... you cry... but believe me if Pakistan bans all Indian websites, nobody will be crying from this side.:police:

This is not true, we do ban/infract people all the time. We don't announce it to the world who we are taking against. Just like you some Pakistanis think we never take action against Indians. Just 5 mins ago I gave someone a warning to watch their language and they replied back "Haan ab toh Indians holy cow hogaye hongay"

Don't you realize how unfair this is? We are treating everyone equally. Civility and talking on topic is mandatory. Of course being critical of India is not disallowed, nor is being critical of Pakistan.

Do it with civility and its all good. Freedom of speech.
Great post man!!!
Do you guys have any idea why GoI took such a step , if they did it???I mean I personally think that GoI doesn't have any reason to do so, but what are your views?? And what the hell is a DDOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom