What's new

Debate: Should India be a permanent member of the UNSC?

I hope India doesn't become permanent member of UNSEC.

Currently,We are already 3rd largest economy by PPP. After 10-15 years, We will be 3rd Largest economy in nominal GDP with 2nd or 3rd strongest defence capability. We are doing all silently, But once India becomes permanent member, We won't able to do in same way.

For example, China is still not able to launch 1st CBG as it will mean China is aggressive. On other side, we are close to have 3 CBG and many people don't even know. :tup:

Since when did India become a Superpower all of the sudden? You can't just DEMAND a seat at the UNSC.

Define "responsibility".

Better to start from the basics first rather than getting lost in pipe dreams buddy.

In future there won’t be any superpower. Certainly there will be multiple power centres that will be confined by their geography. IMO, US, EU, Brazil, Russia, China and India are certain to be power centres

India can get the UNSC seat, but this all depends on how much we progress in the economic sphere. This may take around 10 years more. I hope by that time Indian economy be in top five by nominal GDP measure

how so. In the present system China has a veto. So you will have to get them on side, which does not look likely at the moment

In future there won’t be any superpower. Certainly there will be multiple power centres that will be confined by their geography. IMO, US, EU, Brazil, Russia, China and India are certain to be power centres

thats much better then single god damn power which start war on every corner of earth .look at history and wars of US since WW2 they messed up whole earth .

how so. In the present system China has a veto. So you will have to get them on side, which does not look likely at the moment

Although, I am not so keen in UNSC seat. But the day, China oppose India or abstain, India-China relation will be over. Also, we might move to US for new alliance. US has invited many times for new alliance for long time. As of now, we are with no one. Will China make India as official enemy ? Let see , We are waiting !!

Let China opposes India, Hopefully till then we will become very strong. :enjoy:

Currently,We are already 3rd largest economy by PPP. After 10-15 years, We will be 3rd Largest economy in nominal GDP with 2nd or 3rd strongest defence capability. We are doing all silently, But once India becomes permanent member, We won't able to do in same way.

For example, China is still not able to launch 1st CBG as it will mean China is aggressive. On other side, we are close to have 3 CBG and many people don't even know. :tup:

When US cease to be the sole superpower, the importance of UN will be grow manifold. UNSC seat means influence and India should strive to get one

Although, I am not so keen in UNSC seat. But the day, China oppose India or abstain, India-China relation will be over. Also, we might move to US for new alliance which is calling us for long time. As of now, we are with no one. Will China make India as official enemy ? Let see !!

i dont agree. I think india is already allowing itself to be used by america. China already does things far worse than oppose you a seat and yet your govt seems very timid in its responses. Maybe the govt knows something more than you and me and is scared of china?

what??? i am in those people who don't know..care to elaborate???

you should have noted the bolded part in my post and comprehended my post and to whom it was directed...anyways even then I should remind to you,China is not India's no.1 enemy...India is reacting(Indians rather) just as it is being treated by the Chinese.We dont have problem with China's rise as USA has...we dont have any religious clashes...infact i would rather say its India who is being created as no.1 enemy by China....and I guess the reaon is just the same..the expansionist mindset of China....and India's growth is definitely going to hurt it..so am not surprised that China is against india's UNSC seat...

OK let me ask you, what do you think,if India wouldnt have objected to any Chinese projects wether its land grabbing in India or projecs in Pakistan,support to pakistan in defence or support to maoists in India,etc would China have supported India with UNSC ??

China has nothing to do with your Maoists, just as Germany has nothing to do with China’s Maxists.

For other issues you mentioned in the 2nd paragraph, all root out from Indo-China land disputes.

If the land problems are resolved, and regional conflict mitigated with India’s constructive intervention, I have no doubts China will support India’s position, for India has thus contributed to part of the global peace.

Expansionist? Don’t preach us that India doesn’t have expansionists! Remember Akhand Bharat movement?

India is not qualified for being China’s number 1 enemy. Period. If China wants to erect enemies, your rank should be way behind S. Korea. You may consider this as insulation, but no, this is a fact.

wow seeing the anti India experts' comments on this forum clearly tells that they know the criteria of becoming a permannet UNSC member much more than the premiers of the remaining four countries who have supported India's bid for UNSC...so that leaves us with only the hinese who then prove to be the best candidates for the UNSC as they have not supported India yet.

..that leaves me with few option to becoming UNSC member...1)India should start a war with its neighbour/s (in any case it is accused of bothering its P.E.A.C.E.F.U.L neigbours :angel:) that should result in WW3..then it should back out from the war so that the war ends and its contribution is noted by the world and it gets the UNSC seat...or simply wait for the war to happen..but we know the saints already present in the UNSC council who would never attack or threaten a country wether for oil or for land or in the name of terrorism occupying another country...would never allow a war to happen...so we should better start preparing for a war now.

Yes…money talks. Why do you think India is a favoured nation of the west? Do you think democracy, or population?..No..It is money. Wait until the trade between India and China grows to near 200 or 300 billion dollar, and then see how China will then start singing new tunes

Yes…money talks. Why do you think India is a favoured nation of the west? Do you think democracy, or population?..No..It is money. Wait until the trade between India and China grows to near 200 or 300 billion dollar, and then see how China will then start singing new tunes

eh I think they are scared at the rise of china and would like to use indians to contain chinas rise in my opinion

yaar confuse na ker aik story suna na please.first you post 50 posts that india should be member now you are doing opposite job .lolz

i am sick i am going to sleep now .:hitwall:

i dont agree. I think india is already allowing itself to be used by america. China already does things far worse than oppose you a seat and yet your govt seems very timid in its responses. Maybe the govt knows something more than you and me and is scared of china?

Well, it's opposite. US is using Pakistan for last many decades. You can check the facts. India was never friend of USA. Indeed, India was with Russia for 40 long year of Cold war era. Even today, Our best friend is Russia. I agree, US is no more Pakistan friend, most likely it will become enemy sooner or later.

But I personally think, US wants India to make new group with last 2-3 years of activity. But we have not joined any group. Indeed, We are also ready to join SCO. We have not tried any aggressive alliance with China's neighbours. You think, India is not capable ? We could do many things, But we not doing. But Once, China opposes India, All will be over. Then, India will go with US and we will keep Russia as good friend. It depends on China, Ball is in her court. We are waiting till we can. China is already helping Pakistan for many decades which will be used against India. Still, We didn't moved to any group. China will become more aggressive, More we will move towards USA. Simple !!

Give me one instance where America has used India. I think it is the other way around.
And as regarding China, if there is any country in this region that can confront China, then it is India, and off late India is becoming assertive

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

eh I think they are scared at the rise of china and would like to use indians to contain chinas rise in my opinion

Why India...why not Australia or Japan.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom