What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was for bush era, i would expect a very sweet deal may be a , fa -18 super hornet with growler and source code and good amount of TOT. Also shifting of major production unit in india. and offer to get in to f-35 as an equal partner and share technology.

that would have kicked pak-fa out but who knows ........

that would have made indo - us relation closer than ever.

Russians stand to gain the most because the bidders have been asked to revalidate their bids. With Russian currency devaluing more than 11% they can afford to reduce the price.

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: Nervous Indian Oil Corp Refuses To "Hot Refuel" Gripen During MMRCA Evaluation Tests

Nervous Indian Oil Corp Refuses To "Hot Refuel" Gripen During MMRCA Evaluation Tests

080714-F-8732E-004.jpg

The Gripen team in India is understood to have tried hard to push for the chance to demonstrate the fighter's "hot refuelling" capability, but was unable to do so after Indian Oil Aviation -- the standard supplier of aviation fuel to the Indian Air Force -- refused to be part of such an exercise. Hot refueling is a process by which a fighter is refuelled (in between sorties) while its engines are still on, thereby cutting down refuelling time by half and turn-around time significantly -- a capacity highly desirable in a combat situation, which basically puts aside the need for a pilot to park the aircraft, power down and exit the cockpit for refuelling to begin.

According to sources, the Gripen team was very keen to demonstrate the hot refuelling capability -- even the IAF had no problems witnessing the demonstration even though it wasn't required as part of the tests -- but the offer was shot down by Indian Oil, which said it had never conducted a hot refueling operation before, and wasn't sure it was equipped to take the risk, despite assurances from Saab that it was standard practice with the Gripen. Hot refueling, it must be said, does have its share of risks.

The incident has, however, had its effect. The IAF is now keen to witness a hot refueling demonstration, and will look favourably upon such a capability in its final evaluation of the MMRCA competition. Also, it has requested Indian Oil Aviation to set about getting itself certified for hot refueling ops for the future. IOC will need to look abroad for any sort of certification. Hot refueling trucks and crews in the US, for example, receive special training and certification from an agency in the USAF command structure.

Gripen is increasingly becoming my favorite...

me too!!! but i m worry about lca if it will selected then may be IAF not keen to interest in lca. coze of commonality of both a/c

^^^ in fact this is the reason i like it even more...since it will come with TOT LCA MK-2 can be brought sooner incorporating the new techs of GRIPEN...otherwise there is no need to tell about the time management of our govt. agencies..

Hi, Jha..

i am new here and my name is Yash.:smitten:

I am following this tread since long time.

No doubt that Gripen is good plane but it's like Switze Knife, small,beautiful and seems to do every thing. But it cant do any thing vary Well just like Gripen.

Gripen cant offer us Full Tot because Engine, Radar and other vital components are from BAE and USA.

It can't take much pay load at higher Range because it's have One Small engine...

Just Give Our LCA little Bit More time and I am Sure Our own war bird will be as potent as Gripen.:smitten:

Russians stand to gain the most because the bidders have been asked to revalidate their bids. With Russian currency devaluing more than 11% they can afford to reduce the price.

Really , that is valuable info.

we ahas see how IAF reacts.

But the US bid's are also changing

SAAB will make no change

and the Europeans have yet to make any public statements.

Let us see what happens.

Given that the eruo is in trouble , i am hopping for a decrease in price of the EF and RAF

They have tried to push the limits of Indian Capability, whether that has impressed IAF is a big ?

Do other aircrafts in contention will give similar capability?

Gripen does give a Lethal Punch for Bucks they are charging , but will it completely rule the sky and provide defence for Indian borders against all Threats.
Remember there is no second place when it comes to air Battle.

By the way _ My fav is also Gripen .
Reason - Experience which i had on its simulator at Aero-India and not bcoz of specs or capability.

Try and read something on EUMA , its various clauses .

May be for intro this link will help-
Under pressure, India agrees to sign EUMA | India Defence Online

Hi prateek.....this EUMA we have to sign for all the purchases from US like the light artillery,C-17 etc or only if we choose F-16 or F-18.

nd signing this amounts to selling our soveriegnity isnt it..?
I Dont think India will agree to it as BJP and Communists will slit literally the the throat of congress.

No , EUMA is must for Purchasing any sophisticated Military equipment under FMS/or Mult-vendor tender route.

Even for C17 and C130 , bcoz some of the defensive suite are under the clause.

If you dont sign it , it will be impossible to receive something like APG-80 radar from US.

See if you look carefully -
Some of the objections of India were valid and were recognized by US also,
use of those equipments by US forces in time of Emergency.
like inspection of forward-active bases and monitoring the jets etc

But ,I think Various Sections were modified accordingly and Deal was signed when Hilary Clinton was here.
Some of them - Critical (CEUSMA) clauses have not been , lets wait and see who compromises more.

EDIT - Believe me , the Fisaco of INS JALSHAWA(USN TRENTON) has left such a bad
effect on central gov and MoD dealings . Any further dealing will ensure full sovereignty of products

Last edited:
Hi prateek.....this EUMA we have to sign for all the purchases from US like the light artillery,C-17 etc or only if we choose F-16 or F-18.

nd signing this amounts to selling our soveriegnity isnt it..?
I Dont think India will agree to it as BJP and Communists will slit literally the the throat of congress.

US is known to have made some concessions on the EUMA it self with regards to India.

But they wont sell to anyone unless they sign it.

And all contracts are subject based on the level of technology involved.

Sorry-Typing mistake .

This touch-pad of Blackberry is hard to master. esp if you type fast.

Fi-as-co

is this will impact MRCA
The U.S. Navy and Boeing remain locked in intense discussions over the firm's proffered multiyear deal to buy 124 F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and 24 E/A-18G Growlers, Navy officials said.

The service has until May 1 to decide whether to buy the aircraft.